Why wouldn't SCS want to work with TruckersMP?

Sevastopol_BE

This topic probably has been discussed already but imagine all the possibilities if SCS and TruckersMP decided to work together. Are there any problems (financially, rules,...)  regarding a partnership? Do SCS or TMP not care? I'm pretty sure TMP is the cause of the popularity of the game and oh SCS better realise that. I only play mp because sp is just way too boring, even if you don't get rammed in sp, and I'm not only one here thinking the same.

There's probably a good reason to it and maybe I'm not getting it. :thinking:

SCS just isn't really interested in working with TruckersMP, from what information I can gather

They would rather work on their own work than help someone with a mod.

Also, SCS has hinted a couple times in live streams that they may have their own official multiplayer, but that would be far in the future.

Also, I don't feel that TruckersMP had caused much change in how many sales SCS had gotten from ETS2, maybe up to about 10-15% increase for a little while.

Especially after looking at the amount of players on ETS2 right now:

204t7Rx.jpg

(https://steamcharts.com/app/227300)

Dear Sevasta,

Since you're talking about TruckersMP on the whole, I'm going to be moving your topic to the General Discussion section. ETS2 discussions is meant for topics and updates regarding ETS2, anything that is related to both games (your topics in this case) belongs in General Discussion.

If you have any further questions, feel free to send me a message.

//Moved to General Discussion

It wouldn't make any sense for SCS to partner with TMP from a financial view - SCS benefit from the sale of the game and DLC's to people who play it, or are interested in playing it, whether they are involved  in the mod or not. It's also debatable how many people who buy ETS2 actually play TMP - according to steamcharts, between 36,000 and 37,000 ets2 players are online at the moment, yet of that only 8,000 are playing on TMP.

I think it would be to difficult for SCS to own or cooperate with TruckersMP. First, SCS would have to spend so much time in the systems of TruckersMP, how it works, where the servers are hosted, server costs, team members,...and so on... .

SCS would like to create their own team hierarchy, I think.

Last, SCS would not cooperate with an Mod with Alpha status since 4+ years (that is not despised, caustic or funny, that is simply a true fact).

Kind regards,

ɢʀᴜɴᴅɪɪ

Retired Manager

Engine isn't ready enough to perform well both on SP & MP aspects; like support 10+ of players, even millions on public server.

As to popularity, yes, it brings in solid playerbase. Though older Truck Sim titles didn't have that, yet people were still buying them, ETS1 included.

It depends on many factors, one of 'em being manpower. Almost, say, 50/50 work on each game (own estimates), where 30 people manage other things, like public relations, management, hiring, etc., according to Wikipedia, SCS Soft provides jobs to 130 employees, so that would leave them without an official team to handle the Multiplayer part in their company, TMP devs go independent and develop code from their home. I doubt SCS agrees to such contracts.

Theory of mine.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

In my opinion, ETS2 and ATS have pretty old engine and for a multiplayer they need to update engine, graphics maybe and DX12 support. As a game is not ready for MP, they don't want to make an official partnership with TMP or even make their own multiplayer.
I hope that they'll do their best for updating the game engine, but we need to remember that they also have to do lots of other things like Bus DLC, new Man and Renault trucks and etc.

On 12/9/2018 at 4:41 PM, CptJacker said:

As far as i observed SCS works with TMP , but idk in what areas , i have seen people with SCS tag. :P

Guilty. 

Though I played (and still do) TMP long before I started working for SCS, and I am still very active within the community especially when still looking after Truckers.FM :)

signature.png.01ca08257761c1d4ea766c13ccdc06af.png

Community Manager at SCS Software & Truckers.FM Founder.

Maybe it’s because it wouldn’t seem very profesional SCS working with mod developers and shows that they aren’t able to make multiplayer themselves.

I think though that SCS would want their own team and structure and considering TMP already have a structure and team this would coincide.

i don’t really see a reason for SCS to partner with TMP, the mod is doing fine and bringing in players, this is already extra profit for SCS, I did hear about a unconfirmed multiplayer version from SCS but not sure on its likeliness.

There is no doubt that TruckersMP has helped SCS on their sales. Without the multiplayer mod, many players downloaded this game illegally, as having the original version of the game was not required to play. But since 2014, when the mod was realeased, mwl4 has made it obligatory to have this game activated on steam, therefore, pirate games would never work. Our community is almost hitting 3million players, also, 3million ETS2 and ATS sales. SCS has gained millions on this mod. Seems pretty good already. I don;t think they would partner with TruckersMP because what they both have going on is good enough. But it would be nice if SCS would recognize TruckersMP more, and maybe gift mwl4 for his hard work this past 4 years. 

The partnership would be great from our perspective but has many people have pointed out, it appears SCS is making their own MP, not to necessarily get rid of TMP but to streamline the game and keep it up to date with the industry, which demands more MP than SP, in my opinion. The community, in general, think it would be great because there wouldn't be a long wait for the addition of DLC or updates and TMP would have more financial capability which would mean bigger servers. However, it appears SCS are the opposite, which is unfortunate but it means there is very little chance of SCS & TMP uniting. 

Dear Sevasta-Star,

I'm moving your topic to the Archive section because your topic inactive for 2 weeks(14 days). Because every day a lot of new topics are opening up and now the community wants to discuss a new discussion, so we archive the topic that are inactive for 2 weeks(14 days). We apply these procedures to keep the forum meticulously and actively in this way.

If you have any question, don't be afraid to PM me :=)

// Locked and moved to Archive.

Y6JLoj.png.1482f0bf87625eca4c05028e655c74c1.png

Archived