Should ban time be decreased ?

Bertholdt[NL-DE-FR-MA]

Honestly I think ban times should be increased.  First offence should be a week, second offence a month, third offence can be 3 months, 4th offence can be a 6 month ban, with the 5th being permanent.  If you can't figure out what you did wrong and improve your gameplay in that time frame, I don't think you should be playing multiplayer to begin with.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I completely understand your thinking here, and if I'm honest I agreed partially. However, in my opinion, I think that bans should be increased in time and how quickly things escalate because I believe that 95% of people who are banned is either due to negligence, recklessness and pure stupidity, all of which are choices, not accidents. If people see that you will be banned for longer, that further acts as a deterrent to drive safely and think through every decision you make.

Why does it have to be decreased, just because some or lots of people obviously don't care about following the set of rules and aren't even trying to be good and responsible players? Mistakes happen anyway, but that's why there's a limit of bannable mistakes you can do and it's set to maximum of 6. If someone exceeds that limit of penalties, probably the best solution is to keep him/her away from TMP, wouldn't you agree with that? 

1 hour ago, Mazikeen_ said:

Punishment should be harsher, I see trolls only getting 3 day-bans and It really does make me sad.

I've seen a player get banned for a week for clipping someone during a turn, yet I've seen a player blocking and ramming traffic (20+ players), only for the admin to ban him for a couple days.  

I feel that the bans should go 1 month, 2 months, 3 months, 6 months, 12 months, and the final being a permanent ban.  We aren't paying to use TMP, we don't have an automatic right or privilege to use the multiplayer mod, the mods/devs have been kind enough to allow us to use their creation provided we follow their rules. 

I feel that anyone that would be complaining about long ban times would probably be the users that are getting banned multiple times a year already. (Personal opinion: Honestly, I have no sympathy for them.  Play single player if you're learning to drive, and if you just want to be a troll, go play a different game.)

I think ban times at the moment are okay, if you are banned because of an accident you can appeal the ban and if that doesn’t succeed you can ask a higher up to review the case.

• 2 weeks later...

Having a clean record to become staff is really important because you become an example on how othe rplayers should be. You are the one representing TruckersMP. Therefore a 1 year clean record is good enough as it has given you enough time to change your attitudes and adapt / practice on how you should act among other players.

I personally think that not only should the ban times be increased overall but the consistency should be sorted out as well. I have noticed that people are getting banned for very similar situations but with very different consequences (I am not referring to the history dictating the ban time, I am aware of that, I'm talking about first-time offenders). TruckersMP is not a driving school, decreasing the time in which we prohibit a certain user will just encourage them to continue to break the rules due to a lack of deterrent. Too long a ban may put them off the community altogether, especially if the reason for being banned was an accident. So a middle ground needs to be found, which is another reason why I also think that there should be a set amount of time for a certain situation, as opposed to giving free rein as to what ban can be imposed in what situation as from what I have seen the ban times are very inconsistent.

2 hours ago, TheNorthumbrian said:

Too long a ban may put them off the community altogether, especially if the reason for being banned was an accident.

Honestly I'd like to see ban's start at a week time and increase from there.  If a week is too long for some of these players, I doubt they'd stick around anyways if they got banned.

Instead of making less ban period they should make it longer because as we see from experience, people are getting banned for 3 times for 3 days - 7 days but they still continue breaking rules, so that means that players are just having fun and they're not playing this game for serious. I really don't understand how you need to drive to get 6 bans just in 1 year and then writing on the forum "unban admen pleez, admins don't do their job, admins are bad" and different bs like that happens exactly every day here.

The problem with punishment system have only that players, who are breaking rules because If you're not breaking rules you should not even care about that. I personally would change make two versions of punishment, in-game ban or chat/CB ban.
For example, If someone is insulting or abusing CB, he will get a chat and CB ban and If someone is breaking in-game rules like reckless driving, ramming, blocking and etc. he'll get the in-game ban, so he can't play the game. That system works perfectly in other games and I hope one day they'll do same here.

I can see why you would want this sort of thing from looking at your TMP profile.  I really would not want a change to the current system. It works very well. If you end up with a month or 3 month ban you are clearly not driving well. I know people who have been driving on here for years and never have they had a single ban. It is not that hard to do. Like if you drive on the CD road then just dont overtake and keep distance to the truck in front of you, and you should never have any trouble. If someone rams you then you record them at report them. Lots of CD accidents happens because people cant take it slowly, so they end up overtaking and ramming oncoming traffic. Or they drive 130-150km/h down CD road and end up ramming someone. if you drive CD road just take it easy. If you cant do that, then dont drive on the CD road, and dont complain if you get banned from it then.

Moreover by banning a new player he might leave simply the game and never come back.. but if he comeback he will need to learn again how to drive after that month of inactivity  

Why would they need to learn again? Its a trucking game. You drive around. You dont forget how to drive this game, its pretty simple.

Most importantly accident are happening everytime to everyone, if you play for days like a pro but just at one moment you did someting wrong why are you banned ? The most of the time you are a good player, no one care about you but when you do an accident you are banned directly 

Now us moderators are humans, and we can see when accidents happen. But if you overtake on the CD road and ram someone from it, its clearly not an accident since you could have just not overtaken on that road. And when you drive this game you should focus on it. Dont drive around looking on facebook on your phone and what not.  And most people dont have 4 or 5 accidents in a row.

if we ban people for month the game will be empty 

Empty? TMP is bigger than it has ever been. Even with all the people permanently banned we still grow.

We need to accept that the game is a GAME not a strict real life simulator, if it was that no one would love to play, if we play here and go to C-D road for exemple this is to play with players, we all know there is accidents here and we go there for that, we all want to be surprised, and this is what make the game funny 

Sure it is just a game. But that dosent mean you cant drive it normally. That dosent mean you have the right to drive like you want to. It is still a simulator game. If you want to drive crazy there is lots of other MP games for that. And why should you expect accidents when you drive down CD road? If people just took it easy there would be no accidents on that road. Its because people cant wait in line and wants to drive 150km/h that the accidents happens, and then its not accidents anymore.

he will do a small mistake, he was at 130km/h and he caused a small accident and he blocked few players for like 3 minutes... 

Driving 130/kmh in a truck is no longer an accident. Its Reckless Driving. And blocking for 3 minutes? Why would he? He can F7+enter. That takes seconds to do.

Please, for the TruckersMP community, banning people this long isn't usefull, it will never stop me to do accident sometime, i will always ram into a player 3 times a week, and i do not want to be banned just for this when you see that at the end i am a pretty good trucker,

Why will it not stop you from having "accidents"? As i said i know people who have never been banned or have only been banned once, and they have been playing here for years. Its not that hard to do. If you ram people 3 times a week you are not a very good trucker sorry to say, Not when there is people that never ram someone.

So all in all i feel we have a pretty good system here. And that we do not need to change it. The system is trying to either tell people that they need to change the way they are driving or to get them off mp since they cant learn.

The time for bans seem very reasonable and fair to me. I don’t see a need to change anything with the current system.

My opinion, If you do something highly against the rules, you should be banned. If you can’t follow simple rules, don’t play multiplayer. If you “forget” how to drive, don’t even play a driving simulator.

The only upside of shorter bans would be for those who get banned on a regular bases.

Have a question? Feel free to message me.

Feedback | Rules | Support | News | Meet the Team

Ive not posted for a while as took a break from the game (stopped before 1.33) but back into it at the weekend and loving Beyond the Baltic

When I first started, within 2 weeks I had an accident where some one pulled out on me and when I swerved to avoid him,  I sandwiched a car traveling at max speed into the central barrier. He complained and I got banned for 3 days for ramming. I’d only been on the game for a couple weeks at that point and I did think about just walking away. But I stuck with it and then went through a phase of reporting anyone that did anything wrong as I felt that was how we did things.

This weekend ive come back on with a clean head and ive had people ram me (by accident), drive the wrong way around roundabouts, block the road, convoys thinking they own the road,  to name a few but I just sit back and let them get on with it before carrying on my own way, stress free.

If I ever got banned for a week or two I would just uninstall the game. Its not worth the stress.

Well, i think the the Ban times for people who did break the rules intentionally could be higher (starting with a week). But in the other hand the cooldown time could be faster depending on how much a Players plays the game. 

Its a difference if a player drives 8 hours a day or 3 hours per week. A player with 8 hours playtime is much more likely to accumulate bans.

Archived