Should ban time be decreased ?

Bertholdt[NL-DE-FR-MA]

Hello, i explained my self on this suggestion topic but im here to ask you guys what to you think about banning time 

Link : 

So i explained my self, i really think months of ban is useless, it will just let people forget how to drive properly and get banned again and again.. 

Plus i think that banning should be done only if it is for real causes like insulting people, blocking intentionally people, ramming into everyone again and again 

not for simple accident or inapropriate overtaking 

I know here a lot of people like the system because they are really good drivers and they want to defend the mods, but im not here to criticize the mods, just here to criticize the rules.. 

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think some people drive bad enough as it is. Bans are supposed to act as a deterrent as well as a punishment, and a few days ban is insufficient in most cases (IMO). The game is a simulator, and I think if people want to drive recklessly (for example) then they should either take it to singleplayer or take it to another game. 

Moreover by banning a new player he might leave simply the game and never come back.. but if he comeback he will need to learn again how to drive after that month of inactivity 

I don't know if you suffer from memory issues, but the skill of learning to drive takes a lot more than 1 month to lose for most people.

Most importantly accident are happening everytime to everyone, if you play for days like a pro but just at one moment you did someting wrong why are you banned ? The most of the time you are a good player, no one care about you but when you do an accident you are banned directly 

1 accident that is clearly not intentional will probably not end up in any punishment, but when it's clear that you're showing no regard for the rules then you'll probably rightfully end up punished. Also, like you said, 1 month bans are mostly just for previous offences, so 1 incident won't end you up with one.

if we ban people for month the game will be empty 

Simply not true, if anyone TMP is growing! If I remember correctly, the server capacity for EU2 2 years ago was around 2000, and we're now at over double that. 

We need to accept that the game is a GAME not a strict real life simulator, if it was that no one would love to play, if we play here and go to C-D road for exemple this is to play with players, we all know there is accidents here and we go there for that, we all want to be surprised, and this is what make the game funny 

While I will accept that it is, at the end of the day, just a game, that doesn't excuse behaviour that negatively impacts other players. You may find it funny, but a lot of players will find it irritating when we're driving along minding our own business, then we end up on our side because some decided it was a good idea to overtake on a blind bend in a highly populated area, so you're left swerving to avoid. 

i want to play but i fear to do a small accident and be banned for 5 month or more do you understand now 

Again, this is just not the case. You'll only be banned when you're found purposefully in the wrong. Are you trying to tell me your previous offences were all small accidents, because if so, you're really unlucky because I think everyone has small accidents every now and then (I certainly do but I've yet to receive a ban on my TMP account).

but i am banned until 21 december,

I was waiting for this  :lol:

People must learn, what they can do and what not. Ban them for 1 hour will not be useful, because they will say, that they have been only banned for an hour and they will do it again and again. They must know that it is not allowed and that it will be followed by a punishment. In most cases, peoples got ban for an hour and what they do after that? Do it again. I'm not telling, that all of the punished drivers repeat their offense. So this ban system shouldn't be decreased. This is only my opinion. 

Sorry, but if you were banned for 3 months, it means that you had been banned at least 4 other times previously in less than a year. Sure, accidents happen, but they happen to everyone and not everyone has 3 months bans. Maybe you need to reconsider the way you are playing MP?

I explain myself, generaly when you come on truckersMP you aren't a very good Trucker, it means that you will do lot of damages on other players trucks... 

That's what SP and EU#4 are for, to learn how to properly drive.

he will do a small mistake, he was at 130km/h and he caused a small accident and he blocked few players for like 3 minutes... 

Doing 130 Km/h is reckless unless you can fully control your vehicle. And there's also F7 to be teleported to a repair station, hitting F7 doesn't take 3 minutes.

One month later the same thing happen, on the C-D Road he got banned because of his brake, he didn't braked at the good time and caused damages to few players.. 

Or sometime he was playing at night and he was sleepy, he rammed into another truck coming in front of him.

Once again, reckless driving. Your brakes are not good enough, keep a longer distance to other vehicles. And if someone is sleepy, better go to bed than play multiplayer games.

You understood this player is me, but this player is also a lot of people on this game who are just here to play, have less stress, forget about work, life, family, and every of these problems

That's OK, but it doesn't mean that you can disrespect other drivers. No one has ever been banned for just playing AFAIK.

Honnestly banning people for just few days is enough, i truely love to play on TruckersMP especially on winter, but i am banned until 21 december, and now i fear to play, i want to play but i fear to do a small accident and be banned for 5 month or more do you understand now ? 

Well, you should be afraid... Because if you have been banned for 3 months already, unless your first ban is from more than 1 year ago, the next one will not be 5 months, it will be permanent... Didn't you even bother reading the rules after 4 bans?

Please, for the TruckersMP community, banning people this long isn't usefull, it will never stop me to do accident sometime, i will always ram into a player 3 times a week, and i do not want to be banned just for this when you see that at the end i am a pretty good trucker,

Is this some kind of joke? "it will never stop me to do accident" "I will always ram into a player 3 times a week" and "I am a pretty good trucker", all in the same sentence??

Do you realize that there are many people with more than 4 years playing in MP and never banned? Like I said in the first paragraph, maybe you need to reconsider. Try SP until you master your driving skills, or EU#4, where you can't ram or block anyone. But if you are so sure that you will ram into a player 3 times a week, my advice is that you start looking for a new game to play.

Nothing is bad with current system, first 3 bans are at admin decision (1-7 days mostly) that's not much, if that isn't enough, longer bans have to be used... I haven't caused an accident in more than  a half year so don't tell me it's impossible. If you are bad trucker go play singeplayer and learn there, no reason for players like that to cause 5 accidents per day... If you cannot control your truck, you have to carry consequences...

Alis*

The best job is one you can play The Witcher 3 in - click

2 hours ago, Alis* said:

Nothing is bad with current system, first 3 bans are at admin decision (1-7 days mostly) that's not much, if that isn't enough, longer bans have to be used... I haven't caused an accident in more than  a half year so don't tell me it's impossible. If you are bad trucker go play singeplayer and learn there, no reason for players like that to cause 5 accidents per day... If you cannot control your truck, you have to carry consequences...

:check:

The content of your suggestion clearly shows a lack of discernment.
Key phrases like "small mistake", "small accident", as well as using excuses like the brakes and sleepiness do not show any maturity at all.

You should use the time of punishment to admit and understand that you made a mistake and find a way to improve your behavior.
The ban system however works perfectly fine, as your ban history clearly shows.

14 hours ago, Seanster said:

I do think ban times need to be changed, they need to be longer.

If people can't drive, they shouldn't be on MP and ruin it for other people.

Not really, The 3 first bans are up Game Moderator and 1m ,  3m ,  Than permanent.

It's enough. You can always make Suggestion or contact upper staff if it should be longer.

On 12/9/2018 at 2:09 PM, Alis* said:

^^

Punishment system is good, no need to be decreased. You should take lessons from your mistakes to be experienced. If you're rulebreaker, you shouldn't be on TMP.

76561198178929243.png

Full-Stack Web Developer

If people don't drive like an idiot, they won't get banned. Myself, and many other players (most definitely the majority) haven't been banned because we don't drive like idiots, so as long as you keep things clean, the lengthy punishments won't apply to you.

Archived