After being banned do you think that wait time is too long for apply any staff position?

TruckerJ

Staff - ban   

101 members have voted

1. 1. After being banned do you think that the wait is too long to apply for a staff postion?

It really depends what you got banned for, but in the end you still got banned. Now I'd say 1 year is a pretty long time, but you can easily explain it: 1. after one year I'd say that they know you may have learned from your mistakes. 2. They have less people that can apply. I don't know how c. many people apply but I'd say it's a lot 

Hey, I don't think, that the time should be decreased, because you did something, which wasn't good. The team members have to be very polite and they also shouldn't ramm anyone :D. If you are banned for 3 days for blocking, you won't do this again if you want to become a part of the team. Also you get older and you can learn something from your mistakes. :) 

LG Sebastian

I think it is too long especially if you get banned once in awhile for something maybe out of your control like your controller or mouse screws up and you head on with someone unintentionally. For something like that imagine not being able to apply for staff it would really suck and I heard of cases like these. I think at least 6 or 9 months would be reasonable.

• 2 weeks later...

For me, when you are banned, it means that you have violated TMP rules and above all you should draw lessons from your mistakes. One year is the time that TMP offers after you are banned, you need to improve your behavior during that time. You need to show them how you have learned from your mistakes and improve them over the past year. And of course, make sure you don't have more than 3 times banned to be able to apply for any positions. For 1 year after your last ban, then you can be ready and apply for position you feel best suited.

well i dont think its to much because people are not getting punishment randomly  they get punishment because  they break rules and ofc team managers has to see  drivers learned there mistakes 

Writing as a -never banned player and as an ex staff of some games:

In-Game admin mean: once you are an admin, you can't play anymore like a normal player, always thinking "I must be online, helping peoples".. This if you are here to help. If you just want to abuse of your role, that's another thing..

For me, only peoples with 0 bans should be accepted as In-Game admins, OR very low priority ban (max 1).

Guys, accepting peoples with 3 bans on theyr account, started 3 days ago, isn't the right way..

And that's why I don't want to apply, or however not now. I enjoy my time playing with friends. 

Before you apply, you should think: Do I really want to stay at the pc, maybe 2 or more hours per day just banning peoples? If yes, you're welcome! 

12 months is at it's maximum for people who get banned (intentional troll). I mean, someone will get banned because he will somehow accidently ram the other guy and he will report him and so if he gets banned, he can't apply for staff for a year. This is maybe a bit too much in my opinion. I know that they're looking for people that have never been thinking about trolling in any way so they can be sure who they are choosing while reviewing applications. But i would say that this timer should be reduced for a couple of months. Rare people need an year to get better behavior in-game.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there,

Because this topic has been inactive for 14 days I am going to close this topic to keep the forums organised. Topics are started very frequently on the forums, so we need to make sure that the more active topics remain open for discussion.

Thank you to everyone for your input!

If you wish to get your topic unlocked, don't hesitate to PM me.

//Locked and Moved to Archive

Archived