After being banned do you think that wait time is too long for apply any staff position?

TruckerJ

Staff - ban   

101 members have voted

1. 1. After being banned do you think that the wait is too long to apply for a staff postion?

In my opinion, the current length of time is fair, it encourages people to be disciplined and maintain a good behave so that they have access to a good perk - applying for staff. It is easy for me to say as I haven't been banned for a while, so if you have, I can understand why you would like it shorter but it is there to prove you've learnt. 

2 minutes ago, [RLC CCM] SMURFY said:

In my opinion, the current length of time is fair, it encourages people to be disciplined and maintain a good behave so that they have access to a good perk - applying for staff. It is easy for me to say as I haven't been banned for a while, so if you have, I can understand why you would like it shorter but it is there to prove you've learnt. 

True point mate, I agree 100%. I have been banned in the past and am still unable to apply but, I do think from another perspective that the current ban length is good enough and fair.

Thanks Josh.

2 minutes ago, [RLC CCM] SMURFY said:

+1 Everything you said is the same as I was going to say :)

images.png

30 minutes ago, [RLC CCM] SMURFY said:

he best explanation would be, I think it's fair to me :) @jsmith18762002

59 minutes ago, [RLC CCM] SMURFY said:

Here is the Explanation, we should not rush so much with an application on the Team being that the person does not have maturity or does not meet the requirements to join the Team. :) 

Since they turned off the ban records, how can I trust you are "now" a good driver or anybody else? Please, just treat those "ban records" as "criminal records". Because those will keep in your account profile for life.

You will lose almost all credits just got banned once.

I understand the pain you can't be an admin right now. But this is just temporary if you have less than 3 bans. And you should think about of other people's feelings. Can they trust you to become an admin?

1 hour ago, Miyu* said:

Since they turned off the ban records, how can I trust you are "now" a good driver or anybody else? Please, just treat those "ban records" as "criminal records". Because those will keep in your account profile for life.

You will lose almost all credits just got banned once.

I understand the pain you can't be an admin right now. But this is just temporary if you have less than 3 bans. And you should think about of other people's feelings. Can they trust you to become an admin?

This is the exact reason why I went in my settings and decided to make mine public. As you can see, I have none and don’t intend on getting one period.

Yes i do think its too long, people can make small mistakes & get screwed over for a whole year because of it which imo is just wrong. When someone reverses into someone in a car park they might swear & then sort out the insurance details etc before going on with their day, they wouldn't get their licence taken away or be sent to prison! Ask any copper & i bet half of them have broken the law when off duty & even on duty ( we all know they do ), yet on here its right thats it you poked someone your getting sent to the naughty step for that & no cookies for a year HOW DARE YOU!!!!! :angry::angry:* grunting & growling noises * 

Dear @jsmith18762002,

I changed your title of the topic to ''After being banned do you think that wait time is too long for apply any staff position?'' because if you are going to create a discussion topic, please explain the title of your subject and make a meaningful sentence. Please be careful next time. Have good forums :=)

// Title changed.

Y6JLoj.png.1482f0bf87625eca4c05028e655c74c1.png

Good point made, mate.

7 hours ago, [SK] - TeR*Xiao Zhu said:

My decision is negative.I think the ban depends on your actions.So if you break the rules, you will be punished.The ban is to improve your behavior.Encourage everyone to observe discipline and keep good behavior!:tmp:

Yes, I think the ban length  from applying for a staff position should depend on the rule or rule's that you have broken.

5 hours ago, jtgaming_live said:

To be honest, the length is good because it let's users learn the rules more and prove that they can behave and not break the rules at a regular basis.

I agree! Ban can change the behavior and our team need professional members and good behavior.

6 hours ago, jsmith18762002 said:

Good point made, mate.

Yes, I think the ban length  from applying for a staff position should depend on the rule or rule's that you have broken.

I disagree. I think the key part of being a moderator is being able to enforce the rules but, more importantly, being able to follow them yourself :lol: If you've been banned, you've broken the rules of TMP and I think it's that concept of being able to abide by rules, no matter how insignificant they may seem, that makes a good moderator. 

2 hours ago, RenegadeNine said:

I disagree. I think the key part of being a moderator is being able to enforce the rules but, more importantly, being able to follow them yourself :lol: If you've been banned, you've broken the rules of TMP and I think it's that concept of being able to abide by rules, no matter how insignificant they may seem, that makes a good moderator. 

Hello mate, 

I see where that you are coming from in a way but, I would still disagree of what you are saying to a certain existent.

Thanks you for giving your opinion.

Josh - Merry xmas! 

5 hours ago, Total EDM said:

I agree! Ban can change the behavior and our team need professional members and good behavior.

Hello, 

Would you change the ban length depending on the rule that is broken?

Like, I've just mentioned would you change the ban length depending the offence committed?

20 hours ago, ScaniaFan89 said:

Yes i do think its too long, people can make small mistakes & get screwed over for a whole year because of it which imo is just wrong. When someone reverses into someone in a car park they might swear & then sort out the insurance details etc before going on with their day, they wouldn't get their licence taken away or be sent to prison! Ask any copper & i bet half of them have broken the law when off duty & even on duty ( we all know they do ), yet on here its right thats it you poked someone your getting sent to the naughty step for that & no cookies for a year HOW DARE YOU!!!!! :angry::angry:* grunting & growling noises *  

Good point, mate.

7 hours ago, jsmith18762002 said:

Hello mate, 

I see where that you are coming from in a way but, I would still disagree of what you are saying to a certain existent.

Thanks you for giving your opinion.

Josh - Merry xmas! 

Hello, 

Would you change the ban length depending on the rule that is broken?

Like, I've just mentioned would you change the ban length depending the offence committed?

No, Since Ban can explain your behavior and Members that want to join in our team needs professional / good behavior!

Punished players should take an exam to before applying for staff team. In this exam, the staff team should test your regret. If they are regretful, they should be able to apply. If they aren't regretful, they shouldn't be able to apply.

Time isn't too long, it's enough to learn from your mistake.

76561198178929243.png

Full-Stack Web Developer

It would be nicer if the 12 month apply restriction would only apply if you reach 3 bans in 12 months. If not, applying should still be free to do.

Archived