averange ping

ciccitti

Question

9 answers to this question

Hi ciccitti,

Just as Mega Trans Crystal explained, if your internet connection is slow you usually will be kicked due to high ping. The only way to get around this problem is either upgrading your current internet plan by contacting your provider, or requesting a better internet from another provider.

Out of interest, if you could run this test: http://www.speedtest.net/ and take a picture of your download and upload speeds only, it would be great to confirm if this is the issue. 

Hello :) 

Follow these guides:

• Upgrade your connection speed through your Internet Service Provider (ISP). Often ISP's will offer several different connection speeds for different prices. A higher connection speed will allow you to send and receive data faster and lower your ping. You can also switch to a different ISP that offers higher speeds.
  • Use a free online bandwidth testing tool such as BandwidthPlace to ensure you are receiving the speed promised by your ISP. If you are not receiving the advertised speed, let your ISP know and they will attempt to optimize your internet speed.
  • Use a wired internet connection instead of a wireless connection or router. A fixed line connection allows for a more stable flow of data and will lead to lower ping and smoother game play. Additionally, a wired connection avoids the possibility of other computers simultaneously using the internet and using up bandwidth.
  • Disable any firewalls, such as ZoneAlarm, Norton, and McAfee. Although this step may expose your computer to temporary risks, many firewalls substantially slow down internet connection speed. Disabling firewalls that directly monitor web traffic will lower your ping.
  • Exit any applications that may be using up bandwidth. Heavy bandwidth users include applications or browsers that are downloading music, video or other files. Light bandwidth users include chat programs, open browsers and any other application that uses the internet in any way.
  • Choose a server that is geographically close to you. Using servers that are geographically close to you to lowers your ping because the amount of time it takes for a data packet to travel between yourself and the server will be reduced. Use filter options to sort servers by region or look up the IP address to find out where it is hosted.
  • Adjust in-game settings to make sure that there is no default bandwidth cap. This depends on each individual game. The best strategy is to use Google to search for the name of the game you are playing together with the term "bandwidth cap" and browse the results.

Also look at this guide:

On 12/6/2018 at 10:15 PM, ciccitti said:

hello to all, I have a big problem, I play ets2 online but, whatever server I choose, europe 1/2/3, after a while puts me of line, a message says ping ping, I state that, I have a connection intenet, a lot weak, but, in other online games, everything is fine, is there a way to solve my problem? thank you

Dear @ciccitti check your steam or any program and check that you are not downloading :)

On 12/8/2018 at 12:29 AM, ciccitti said:

thanks to all, unfortunately my problem is not a provider but, away from the central and, I can not do anything to increase the speed of my connection but, thanks too

Hey!

It may also be dependent on the location you live at. If you live in a country a bit away from Europe, then you will have ping problems to the Europe servers.

~ MrJonton01

Dear @ciccitti

Since your topic has been inactive for 2 more days ,i will have to move your topic to appropriate section.

If you still need any further assistance.create a new topic or conatct us  directly by submitting a support ticket:https://www.truckersmp.com/support

//Locked and Moved to Unsolved