ETS2mp crashes at loading screen

Eazyb07

Question

Hi there,

After the release of Beyond the Baltic(also implemented on TMP) was working fine on ETS2MP. However, just last two days the game kept crashing on a loading screen with game music going off and getting me off the game. I have had the current version of promods installed but I'm not exactly sure what is causing the crash. SP works fine with the same number of mods I've installed. just the trouble with multiplayer. please help.

Many Thanks 

Kulguyz92B)

15 answers to this question

Hello @Kulguyz92,

Please try following:

Solution 1:

Have you tried to verify your game?

> Go to Steam Library

> Right click Euro Truck Simulator 2

> Properties

> Local Files

> Verify Integrity of Game Files

Wait until the game files are verified and try whether the error still occurs.

Solution 2:

1. Press the Windows Key + R (Win+R) on your keyboard

2. Enter "%programdata%" and press Enter (without the quotes)

3. Find the folder "TruckersMP" and delete that folder.

4. Navigate to C:\Program Files\ and delete the folder named "TruckersMP Launcher"

5. Go to our website and re-download and install the Launcher with admin privileges https://truckersmp.com/download/

Solution 3:

You should start TruckersMP as admin. This is really important.

Also, try to start TruckersMP with DirectX (64)

Guide:

> Go to your steam App
> Go to the library
> Go to ETS 2 / ATS
> Click "Play" 
> Choose "Launch with DirectX (64-bit). Make sure you chose 64 bit.
> Start ETS 2
> Choose your profile and press "drive"
> Close ETS 2
> Start TruckersMP as admin. TruckersMP will start with DirectX for all time. Except you change it again.

Try to reinstall TruckersMP.

Go to '%programdata%' and delete the folder 'TruckersMP'. After that uninstall TruckersMP and download the MOD again: https://truckersmp.com/download -> Launch the installer as admin

Solution 4:

> Update your graphics card driver.

> Take care not to play in busy areas.

> Pull down your graphics settings.

> You maybe need a new profile, delete old and get a new one.

> Reinstall the mod and make sure that you put correctly in the directory. (\Steam\SteamApps\common\Euro Truck Simulator 2)

> Don't use unsupported mods. Also, too many mods can cause your game to crash. You can find supported and allowed mod from here.

> Delete file Documents/ETSMP (Please before deleting,backup this file)

> That's may be caused by missing game file.Go to Steam Library / Right click Euro Truck Simulator 2 / Properties / Local Files / Verify Integrity of Game Files.

> Make sure you have the latest.Net Framework (4.7) & DirectX & Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 and use CCleaner to remove temporary files and obsoleteregistry paths.

Also, you can read this topic

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Kulguyz92 said:

Hi there,

After the release of Beyond the Baltic(also implemented on TMP) was working fine on ETS2MP. However, just last two days the game kept crashing on a loading screen with game music going off and getting me off the game. I have had the current version of promods installed but I'm not exactly sure what is causing the crash. SP works fine with the same number of mods I've installed. just the trouble with multiplayer. please help.

Many Thanks 

Do you have Baltic dlc installed ? try to uninstall it and try agian :)

You cannot be using mods on TMP, using a profile with a mod on it such as Promods, and attempting to connect to MP, will most likely make your game crash.

You need to have a profile without any mods to play TMP.

If you already do use a seperate profile for MP with no mods, try right clicking ETS2 in Steam, go to Properties, Local Files, and click verify integrity of game files.

Also, try restarting your computer.

Hello :) 

Are you using some Mods in Single Player ?
And which Error message do you get after the crash happened?

Does it happen in Single Player ?

Follow these guides:

Solution 1:

1. Right click ETS 2 in steam

2. Select 'Launch with OpenGL'

3. Let the game run and try going into game.

4. Exit the game and go back to steam, right click ETS 2 again but this time select 'Launch with DirectX (64-Bit)

5. Again go into game and then exit.

6. Start TruckersMP up and see if the game stops crashing

Solution 2:

Step 1. Right click your 'Euro Truck Simulator 2 Multiplayer' / 'American Truck Simulators Multiplayer' .exe file, whether it be the shortcut on the desktop or actual file and then click properties.

Step 2.

If you right clicked it's shortcut, make sure you clicked the shortcut tab.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you clicked the .exe file, make sure you are on the general tab.

You should see a section say: (   Target: "C:\Program Files\TruckersMP\launcher_ets2mp.exe"   ) OR it's custom install path. (Minus the brackets)

What you need to do is on the end of it, add: (   -homedir C:\Users\Michael\Documents\ETS2MP   ) 

It should look something like: (   Target: "C:\Program Files\TruckersMP\launcher_ets2mp.exe" -homedir C:\Users\Michael\Documents\ETS2MP ) If you understand what the -homedir fuction does, feel welcome to change it, if you are worried or don't know what to do, just leave it as it is

Hello @Kulguyz92,

We'd like to get information if your problem has been solved now!

Sincerely,

AdaBey
TruckersMP Support

• Like 1

Sincerely,
AdaBey

Former TruckersMP Game Moderator

Support of the Year 2018

Official Rules Official Turkish Rules | Support Ticket | Steam How to become a Game Moderator?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

SometimesTheUglyTruthCanBeBeautiful

Nothing last forever.

@AdaBey My single-player seems to work well. However, its the MP that's seems to be the problem. Besides that I also have few old local mods v1.32 but when I try to remove that the in-game message appears with 'missing discrepancies' so I'm not actually sure here whether I should ignore the old mods or leave it as it is(along with other mods).

Many Thanks

Kulguyz92B)

Dear @Kulguyz92

In my opinion,you should disable and remove all mods casue our client may not be compatible with these mods which result in crashes.

According to our Community Manager's announcent--'Restriction of Local save editing',

• We have noticed more frequent crashes on the users who have used "/home/" extension, and the people around them.

I await your return!

Hi there,

@Soul Knight Yes I followed your instruction by removing the mods, also promods but this still seems to crash the game.

So far this is what I have tried:

1) uninstalling 'Truckersmp' folder through %programdata% 

2) reinstalling and running the installer as admin

3) running single player(this works fine) and exiting

4) running TMP as admin

Not sure if the steam cloud affects the game as v1.33 does NOW come with steam cloud save/

I await for your further advice/suggestion!

Kulguyz92B)

@Kulguyz92
I know your error, please follow steps;

1)Go to this computer (computer) and right click
2)features and advanced system settings
3)advanced and performance settings
4)Data block and click second option
5)add TurckersMP / Euro Trucks Simulator 2 and launch administrator.

Sincerely,
I'm waiting your retrun, Good luck :)
EmirhanN

Hi all,

due to the inactivity, this topic will be moved to the 'inactive'.
If you still have question, provide message to Support Team and we will return your topic.
Thanks to everyone for participating in this topic!

//Topic locked and moved to inactive

Sincerely,
WentworthHFD,
TruckersMP - Staff Team