TruckersMP - Bug in ETS2 side of mod with Chat/Voice

ThomasMark097

Game: ETS2

Mod Version: 1.0.0.4 / Patch: 0.2.2.5.9
Controllers Used: Keyboard
Description of Issue: If I press "Y" to talk in ETS2 then start talking, it pulls up in-game menus, so I have to pull over, then Press "Y" then Pause the game to speak without the menus popping up  - This does not happen in ATS, I can talk fine without needing to pause the game or even pull over
How to reproduce: Youtube Video hopefully detailing the problem as verbose as I can 
Screenshots / Videos: 

Please feel free to contact me if you need further help in diagnosing the issue, perhaps there are things I can try, which may help, Thanks.

If even a Windows reinstall didn't help, then I'm at a complete loss too...

What keyboard are you using? What language layout does it have?

Do you maybe have another keyboard that you could use to test, if the problem still occurs?

Although it may seem very unlikely that the keyboard is the problem, it's still worth a try...

~ MrJonton01

Everything works fine in SP.

What I have tried is creating a new profile, and the keys issue is not occurring at all now, so it must be something in the original profile what is causing this problem, if I can narrow it down, I will reply back, Give me a while to try several different things, perhaps its a corrupted profile game file or something.

I have finally solved it!

Further testing, it seems deleting "controls.sii" has fixed the issue for some strange reason.

I have kept a backup of this file just incase before I deleted it, but deleting it has fixed the problem, so I can only presume some settings in that file was causing the problem.

I have decrypted the controls.sii which was causing the problem it is here: https://pastebin.com/Q3g3hdVU

The game (so far) has not re-created the controls.sii file, so when it does I will then compare it against the above pastebin version to see if anything in the file was causing the issue.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.