Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Reconnecting to the server

Tankudoraiba

41 minutes ago, Amber Rose said:

It's only because your own wifi can disconnect sometimes (slow) and 2sec later you get reconnected in game. This saves time from having to exit the game. 

But what with kick for not turned lights and afk? What with too large ping?  And this reconnecting in game because you have disconnected with your wi fi not work perfectly

LDxu92s.png

Hey,

Turning your game off and on really should not be taking you that long, maximum 2 minutes, even on an extremely low end PC. If you do have a suggestion for TMP, you can always open a new topic in the suggestions sub-forum. Just remember to check and see if a suggestion similar to yours has already been opened.;)

I don't see this as usual as the OP states. I don't even remember the last time I was disconnected from the server. And there's a reason for having to exit and launch the MP again: When the game is disconnected, there has to be a new authentication process before connecting again and that is done by the launcher. Maybe the developers can find a way to make the server "remember" the clients credentials, so in case of a disconnection there's no need to use the launcher to authenticate, but currently there isn't. About sending a suggestion, you can try, but IIRC there have been lots of similar ones and they were always rejected.

And like @Dziada said, it doesn't take that long to exit the game and launch again. I'd add that if you are really suffering disconnections so frequently, you should search for the reasons and try to solve those, maybe it's the WIFI, the router or even your ISP problems.

• Upvote 3

I very rarely get disconnected so you may want to check your internet speeds and status. This would be quite useful but in the end not needed as it is also very rare that people complain about this issue.

Speed test: http://www.speedtest.net/

Suggestions Thread: https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php?/forum/285-suggestions/

I have put a link about to where you can suggest this addition.

Kind Regards,

Michael

• 5 weeks later...
  • Dziada locked this topic