Timestamps in the in-game chat

alekexe

Timestamps poll  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support this idea?

This poll is closed to new votes

Suggestion Name: Timestamps in the in-game chat

Suggestion Description: As a prefix to a players name time would be shown in the format of [h: mm tt] 

Any example images: Yup, take look below

Why should it be added?: Detailed video reports, abusive chat reports or just nostalgia triggers when you take a look at old screenshots. :P

I'd love to hear the thoughts of other players. :)

pvw2154.jpg

• Upvote 13

• 3 months later...

That could be a useful thing when you, for example, write command /pinfo as there would be fewer ban evidence, which is older than 30 days.

Also, I think it will if better if messages in the chat appear only with the time [20:00] and /pinfo or similar commands with time and date [03 Feb 2018 | 20:00].
Anyway, that's +1 from me and I hope this will be added ;) 

• Upvote 2

• 2 months later...
39 minutes ago, Japs_TMP said:

// Thats not important for TruckersMP.

...? I don't see how it wouldn't be important, or at least useful. It would be a great addition to make the reporting process easier. I've already lost the count of how many times I've had to search for the exact time I did /pinfo in the chat logs to add it to the report. It's a process that could be avoided by such a simple addition like this. Of course the time should be server-based, not client-based, so it shows the UTC time required in the report form.

• Like 1

Usually findable between Western Germany and Denmark.

percent_0

On 6/15/2019 at 10:57 PM, DnZ said:

I agree to the suggestion. A time stamp will be useful when reporting chat spammers +1 from me  :)

On 6/17/2019 at 8:23 PM, Elias said:

+1 Would be usefull for staffs and players.

But because some people may find it disturbing or "messy", there should be a checkbox in the TMP TAB Menu to toggle the Timestamps on and off.

On 6/9/2019 at 8:10 AM, AKuzmin said:

+1 Will help to see those who spam in the chat

Exactly. Glad that people understand the need of this.

On 6/14/2019 at 4:41 PM, FlamingTree said:

-1 It would make chat too messy in my opinion

I get your point of view and yea it would make it messier but I think that trade-off is worth it, and maybe you could turn it off in settings accessed by tab?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...