Two questions about reports: what is enough evidence for blocking (and does it deserve a ban), and does the player name need to be visible the second a crash happens?

tomvanwijnen

Question

Hi there,

I figured that instead of immediately bothering game moderation management with a feedback ticket, it would be better to first ask my questions here. Three of my reports were denied today, and I disagree with the outcome - so I'll ask who is right here. :)

1: is blocking like this

6ffd440070.png

a bannable offence? The "speed" was about 4 km/h. This continued for over 30 seconds, and a long line was visible on the minimap (a video showing the blocking for 21 seconds (plays.tv likes to fail me when I need it the most; it cut the first part off...) was of course provided, but I won't show that here (unless asked for specifically) for privacy reasons). The response I got back was "Only a kickable offence.", while the reporting guidelines does list blocking as a bannable offence. Oh and the moderator handling these two reports decided to decrease the amount of reports I can give by one or two, thanks a lot. :) ...

2: Does the player name need to be able to be seen the second a collision happens? I drive in front of someone for 11 seconds, they speed up a bit more so their name doesn't show up anymore, and about three seconds after not being able to see their name, they crash into someone on purpose.

ec50954d09.png

(view is worse than it should be because the video was paused)

There can be no doubt whether they were the same player as the one whose name we just looked at; same truck and same position, nothing got in between either. The report was denied with the comment "Insufficient Evidence cant see the player's name when he hit the player". Is this a fair reason for denying a report? Don't many reports not show the name when others are being hit - as you can't view names through your mirrors, sadly?

Am I right or am I wrong (or both :D)? I'm curious what you think.

9 answers to this question

@tomvanwijnen Keep in mind that you can only send one feedback ticket at a time and you have to wait until that ticket is closed before sending another, so sending 3 tickets can take a long time (and it's probably not worth it). I'd send one single feedback regarding the reports (both) about blocking, because I don't think that what you described is "Only a kickable offense". The other one, I'd let it go, players like that, there are thousands in EU#2 and sooner rather than later, someone else will get that one banned for ramming. TBH, I wouldn't report that player if my truck wasn't involved in the crash, I believe that "No harm, no foul" and that if I can report those who ram my truck, others can as well and it's their responsibility/choice to do it or not.

• Thanks 1

First question: For blocking reports, it's usually needed a video long enough (at least 30 seconds and preferably longer). The answer "Only a kickable offense" seems to me like a joke. 2 players decide to drive side by side doing 4 Km/h on a road where there's no room for others to overtake, that's blocking and I'd even say that it's trolling. They are causing a jam on purpose and deserve to be banned, not kicked so they can immediately join the server again and keep trolling other players.

Second question: The easiest, if you really want to report that player, would be to stop your truck out of the way, go into freecam and "fly" closer to the offender so the name can be seen clearly on the video. I've done this lots of times to "catch" players who rammed my truck and kept driving fast. Freecam is faster...

• Thanks 1

Hi,

Usually when you have a disagreement with a desicion made by staff, the best place to get the best response and a finalised solution to your query is by submitting a feedback ticket: https://truckersmp.com/feedback/create 

That's the best area for a question such as this, reason being you will receive a finalised desicion by upper staff rather than being left open ended by a response here.  

Hai,

i give my opinion on this, the evidence that you show that contains only a picture. pictures in general doesn't provide the whole story here.

If you want that your reports become more successful, then i'll advice you to record your gameplay. 

There are enough free software on the net. even enough free software that doesn't take much space or affecting your gameplay.

Evidence must be very clear and the players names must be visible at all times, because GM's need to know if the reported player that you reported is in the video.

Is a common sense really, if you look at evidence in general. 

Also there are guides which helps you on how to create reports with the correct evidence.

• True Story 2

1 hour ago, EnLight said:

Hi,

Usually when you have a disagreement with a desicion made by staff, the best place to get the best response and a finalised solution to your query is by submitting a feedback ticket: https://truckersmp.com/feedback/create 

That's the best area for a question such as this, reason being you will receive a finalised desicion by upper staff rather than being left open ended by a response here.  

Thank you - unless the response here is negative,  I will indeed do that - I just wanted to ask if I would have any ground in submitting a feedback ticket, so I wouldn't waste their time if not. :)

24 minutes ago, [S.PLH]Warrior said:

Hai,

i give my opinion on this, the evidence that you show that contains only a picture. pictures in general doesn't provide the whole story here.

If you want that your reports become more successful, then i'll advice you to record your gameplay. 

There are enough free software on the net. even enough free software that doesn't take much space or affecting your gameplay.

Evidence must be very clear and the players names must be visible at all times, because GM's need to know if the reported player that you reported is in the video.

Is a common sense really, if you look at evidence in general. 

Also there are guides which helps you on how to create reports with the correct evidence.

I've (already) read those guides multiple times, but thanks anyways. I do record my gameplay nowadays, and also was recording in the two instances here. These pictures were snippets taken from the videos just for this thread, so I wouldn't have to share the videos and make the names public. If I am allowed to do that, I definitely can, but as I figured the videos wouldn't be necessary for the thread, it would be better to keep the names of the players private. :)

Dear @tomvanwijnen, I see that some good answers were given above.
Is your issue resolved? ^_^
Don't forget to keep your topic updated about the situation of your problem or doubt, this helps us to keep the forum organized.

I await your return!

DJFrontier | TruckersMP  - Retired Team Member ||| Languages:  English 🇺🇸  | Portuguese 🇧🇷

|| Rules || Support System || Appeals || Feedback || Realtime Map || Suggestions || Report System

Staff Member since September 11, 2018 to July 19, 2021

18 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

First question: For blocking reports, it's usually needed a video long enough (at least 30 seconds and preferably longer). The answer "Only a kickable offense" seems to me like a joke. 2 players decide to drive side by side doing 4 Km/h on a road where there's no room for others to overtake, that's blocking and I'd even say that it's trolling. They are causing a jam on purpose and deserve to be banned, not kicked so they can immediately join the server again and keep trolling other players.

Second question: The easiest, if you really want to report that player, would be to stop your truck out of the way, go into freecam and "fly" closer to the offender so the name can be seen clearly on the video. I've done this lots of times to "catch" players who rammed my truck and kept driving fast. Freecam is faster...

First question: cool, thanks. Then I guess I'll make a feedback ticket (to the game moderation management, right?), thank you. :)

Second question: ah, interesting idea! Though I don't think it would have worked at this time (we were driving, and if I would have gone into freecam I would have crashed into someone else, or the offending player would have been much further already, but I will definitely keep that in mind should it fit for a future occasion, thanks. :)

17 hours ago, DJFrontier said:

Don't forget to keep your topic updated about the situation of your problem or doubt, this helps us to keep the forum organized.

I await your return!

Yes, there were indeed some good answers! :) I have one new, last, question: should I create one feedback ticket for these three declined reports, one for each, or one per moderator (the two blocking reports were declined by the same moderator)?

On 12/6/2018 at 10:15 PM, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

@tomvanwijnen Keep in mind that you can only send one feedback ticket at a time and you have to wait until that ticket is closed before sending another, so sending 3 tickets can take a long time (and it's probably not worth it). I'd send one single feedback regarding the reports (both) about blocking, because I don't think that what you described is "Only a kickable offense". The other one, I'd let it go, players like that, there are thousands in EU#2 and sooner rather than later, someone else will get that one banned for ramming. TBH, I wouldn't report that player if my truck wasn't involved in the crash, I believe that "No harm, no foul" and that if I can report those who ram my truck, others can as well and it's their responsibility/choice to do it or not.

Oh, I did not know that, thanks for letting me know! Then I guess I'll make one feedback for both of the blocking reports, and leave the rest. :) I generally indeed only report when I'm affected and if so only when they don't apologise (mistakes can always occur, but it you can't even give a simple sorry, then I lose all compassion...), but this was an exception because it was so easily visible and so clearly done on purpose. Oh, and now that you said it, let's check on the status of that player... ah. They're banned. Guess I'll accept that as a solution. :D 

Thank you for helping me! Have a good day! :)

On 12/6/2018 at 1:50 AM, DJFrontier said:

I await your return!

Yup, all's resolved! :)

Problem solved. ^_^
Thanks to everyone.

// Closed and moved to solved

• Thanks 1

DJFrontier | TruckersMP  - Retired Team Member ||| Languages:  English 🇺🇸  | Portuguese 🇧🇷

|| Rules || Support System || Appeals || Feedback || Realtime Map || Suggestions || Report System

Staff Member since September 11, 2018 to July 19, 2021