Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

CB Radio Faulty

Question

Game: Euro Truck Simulator 2
Mod Version: Version 0.1.1
Controllers Used: Driving Force GT
Description of Issue: MY CB RAdio is not working after last Update.

How to reproduce:  I have set all settings as they always have been, and those worked.

In-game I can't hear or see talking/users speaking.

Test function is working I can hear myself.

In-game there is no setting function working on the CB Unit only the channel number "19" is lid Green.

Screenshots / Videos: attached.

What can be wrong?

Is it a BUG?

cb_support.png

9 answers to this question

There are few things you may need to check:

1. Check your default microphone - it shouldn't be set to stereo mix or similar

2. Check if your headset has the mic mute switch somewhere. If you find it, set it into opposite state - you might've muted the mic by accident.

3. Check the volume of the default microphone - if it's very low(close to 0%), raise it up.

4. Check if you have plugged in the microphone into microphone connector(may not be applicable for USB headsets).

Also make sure that CB radio is actually turned on in-game.

If everything listed is checked and fixed(if applicable) there's settings in-game to change the volume of CB transmit and receive. 

In the settings(cog icon) select "sound" tab and you'll find voice and mic volume sliders. First one sets the CB receive volume, the second one sets the CB transmit volume.

Open your panel with the TAB key multiplayer > Voice > Voice volume setting pull to the right.

Open the game. Return to the desktop.at the time sound level in the audio mixer from the speaker icon, right click on TruckersMP.

Hi Peter,

Please could you try this solution:

1. Right click the volume icon on your taskbar:  http://prntscr.com/lr5rjc

2. Click sounds and then go to the playback tab http://prntscr.com/lr5qoj 

3. Right click speakers / the green ticked device and select properties: http://prntscr.com/lr5qfq  

4. Go to the advanced tab. Then ensure the following settings in the image are set. Afterwards, press restore defaults. http://prntscr.com/lr5q12 

5. Restart TruckersMP.

6. If this fails to work: a reinstall of your audio drivers would also eliminate another possible solution.

Be sure to update us on how it goes. Best of luck.  

26 minutes ago, MEGA TRANS Crystal said:

There are few things you may need to check:

1. Check your default microphone - it shouldn't be set to stereo mix or similar

2. Check if your headset has the mic mute switch somewhere. If you find it, set it into opposite state - you might've muted the mic by accident.

3. Check the volume of the default microphone - if it's very low(close to 0%), raise it up.

4. Check if you have plugged in the microphone into microphone connector(may not be applicable for USB headsets).

Also make sure that CB radio is actually turned on in-game.

If everything listed is checked and fixed(if applicable) there's settings in-game to change the volume of CB transmit and receive. 

In the settings(cog icon) select "sound" tab and you'll find voice and mic volume sliders. First one sets the CB receive volume, the second one sets the CB transmit volume.

Open your panel with the TAB key multiplayer > Voice > Voice volume setting pull to the right.

Open the game. Return to the desktop.at the time sound level in the audio mixer from the speaker icon, right click on TruckersMP.

Hi, I have checked all That. My mic Works, I can see the green bar moving in Tab meny and I can hear my self talking. The CB radio is on. I can not chance Chanel in the big tab om the CB radio. Notting can bedste set om the CB in the truck Canon.

38 minutes ago, [LKW Tr.] Kap said:

/Moved to Help

I don't think this is a bug, make sure your output device is connected correctly, and you can change channels by clicking on the the bigger gauge of the cb itself. Via the Tab panel you only set your default channel. 

I can not set anything on the CB itself. Default Chanel is set to 19. My headset is correct setup, I can hear and record from my desktop. IT have worked fine until latest mp update.

Hi there @Peter (DK),

try out deleting TruckersMP folder from documents.

Some great answers were given.

Has your problem been resolved?

Sincerely,
WentworthHFD
TruckersMP - Trial Support

1 hour ago, WentworthHFD said:

Hi there @Peter (DK),

try out deleting TruckersMP folder from documents.

Some great answers were given.

Has your problem been resolved?

Sincerely,
WentworthHFD
TruckersMP - Trial Support

Hi Yes a lot of good answers. I tried to reinstall ETS2MP and found that when I turned the CB Radio in cabin over to my 2. screen I could, If I could find the right spot, shift lower and higher channel, so suspect some graphic error. Played around with it and suddenly it schrached and biiped. Now it works, though am I not sure players can hear me, nobody replyed to me.... Well, Fast enough I regread that I got it fixed, DAMN a lot of noisy sh.. Thanks for all you answers :) Kepp on Trucking