Speed limiter turning itself on

SupergirlFelix

I've seen this problem posted several times on here but rarely with any answers.

I'm new to ETS2 multiplayer, only got the TruckersMP mod a couple of days ago.

I started playing and noticed my truck kept being forced to slow down at various speeds. I haven't done ANY World of Trucks deliveries, so it's not that, and I'm talking about limits like 75kmh (when the speed limit is 80), and sometimes I was limited to 45.

Checked all sorts of settings. The speed limiter setting for TruckersMP is off. In-game (in ETS2), it was turned on. So I disabled it, started driving, and my truck was slowed down again. Went back to the settings, speed limiter had turned itself back on.

I kept trying - every time I turned it off and exited the settings menu, it appeared to switch itself back on. 

Initially I was on the EU1 server so I figured maybe the server speed limit was messing it up, but same thing happened on server 3. 

I also loaded up the profile in singleplayer to see if that made a difference, but it already showed as being off.

Is this a feature I don't know about, or a bug?

Thank you for taking the time and writing this however I think this is a problem with your game. In TruckersMP we have a speedlimit in towns to be 80km/h and around the server to be 150km/h, it's up to you to enable 90km/h speedlimiter. We don't have any sort of limiter that would slow you down to 45km/h. If you haven't set cruise control on to that speed, or have a heavy load, then it's a bug for SCS.

Q9n6SSI.png