Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Can't run the ETS2 with the OpenGL

RatchetX

Question

Hello there. My game keep crashing when I trying it launch through the OpenGL, both in 32 and 64 bit versions and both in SP and MP. The game basically do not launch, no SCS intro appears only black screen after the process is automatically killed. I started experiencing this particular issue after updating the game to the current 1.33 version. Since playing the game with the DirectX is kinda buggy for me, for example the loading screen is constantly showing up when I driving or the game starts to minimizing itself into the Windows, I'm forced to play it with the OpenGL that worked always just fine until the 1.33 update was released.

Solutions I tried:
- reinstalling the ETS2 completely
- deleting the TruckersMP folders and installing it again

- sfc /scannow

- checking my GPU drivers

Need to note:
- the installation directory for the ETS2 is located on a different drive than where the Steam client is installed, but this wasn't the problem before since the game worked well for me on older versions
- playing it on 2009 desktop configuration

Any idea how to fix this? Thanks.

22 answers to this question

Hi there @RatchetX,

are you running any other software in the background (msi afterburner/ anti virus / etc.) if so try turning it off. Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

WentworthHFD

TruckersMP - Trial Support

15 minutes ago, WentworthHFD said:

Hi there @RatchetX,

are you running any other software in the background (msi afterburner/ anti virus / etc.) if so try turning it off. Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

WentworthHFD

Just standard software (like avg, ccleaner, iobit products,...) I was running every time when I was playing the game before, on previous versions without any issue.

Tried. Nothing particular changed. Now after launching the game in OpenGL 64 bit it says "Program Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Steam stopped working."

8 minutes ago, Amber Rose said:

Have you tried running TruckersMP as an administrator? 

Right click on TruckersMP

Click run as an administrator 

Yes, of course. But the problem still persists.

@RatchetX please try following:

Open documents/euro truck simulator 2 and config. Try to find line fullscreen and change it from 1 to 0.

Sincerely,

WentworthHFD,

Heya @RatchetX 

Open the game once as a singleplayer (steam Launch with OpenGL-64bit), then enter the game from the launcher.
Or add the following code to the command line: -rdevice gl

Best regards,

Kamaer

Pleasant regards

Kamer

Veteran Driver II

dcba905cdac6291ae8932f4fba24668b.png

role_veteran-ii1.png.ec521170e6dbabfa52c

You can communicate with me (:

20 hours ago, Amber Rose said:

You shouldn't run the game in that mode. Try playing it on the default mode.

Previously, in 1.32 version, It didn't work well for me playing the ETS2 in other modes except the OpenGL 32/64 bit. That's why I used to play only with the OpenGL.

11 hours ago, WentworthHFD said:

Hi there @RatchetX,

Some great answers were given.
Has your problem been resolved?

Sincerely,
WentworthHFD

Unfortunately, none of the solutions given worked so far.

5 hours ago, Kamer said:

Heya @RatchetX 

Open the game once as a singleplayer (steam Launch with OpenGL-64bit), then enter the game from the launcher.
Or add the following code to the command line: -rdevice gl

Best regards,

Kamaer

Thanks for advice, but I can't run my game with OpenGL anymore, not even as a singleplayer. I can run it with DirectX 32/64 bit or in safe mode for example, but the gameplay is totally messed up as playing it in these modes making my game constantly showing up loading screens or minimazing the game to the Windows for no reason.

So I tried to downgrade my game back to the 1.32 version and I found out the problem was gone, I could launch the game through the OpenGL without any issue. Then I updated the game to the current 1.33 version and the problem appeared again. Really strange.

10 hours ago, MrJonton01 [GER] said:

Hey!

You said you checked your GPU drivers.

What graphics card do you have?

On what version is your GPU driver?

Did you already try to update or even reinstall the drivers?

~ MrJonton01

Hey, thanks for the reply.

It is an old graphic card, Nvidia Geforce 9800GT 512mb, 256 bit, DDR3. According to the Nvidia Experience, the driver is up to date. The version of the driver is 342.01, date of release 14 December 2016.

22 minutes ago, RatchetX said:

Hey, thanks for the reply.

It is an old graphic card, Nvidia Geforce 9800GT 512mb, 256 bit DDR3. According to the Nvidia Experience, the driver is up to date. The version of the driver is 342.01, date of release 14 December 2016.

Oh, okay, a pretty old graphics card.

Maybe with 1.33 there are new functions required in the API and your driver doesn't get them because it's discontinued, however this is just a thought.

Do you have any graphics card (for example from friends) that you could put into your PC to try if it changes anything?

~ MrJonton01

2 hours ago, MrJonton01 [GER] said:

Oh, okay, a pretty old graphics card.

Maybe with 1.33 there are new functions required in the API and your driver doesn't get them because it's discontinued, however this is just a thought.

Do you have any graphics card (for example from friends) that you could put into your PC to try if it changes anything?

~ MrJonton01

Unfortunately, I don't have. But I don't think this could be the problem, as I said, the current version of the game run in DirectX mode but because of the glitches it is unplayable, though this was already the problem also in previous versions of the ETS2. So that's why I always used to play with the OpenGL.

On 12/7/2018 at 12:04 AM, RatchetX said:

Unfortunately, I don't have. But I don't think this could be the problem, as I said, the current version of the game run in DirectX mode but because of the glitches it is unplayable, though this was already the problem also in previous versions of the ETS2. So that's why I always used to play with the OpenGL.

Yeah, I just thought it could be that ETS2 now requires updated version of OpenGl/DirectX that you GPU doesn't support anymore.

Alternatively it could be that your installed OpenGL or DirectX is somehow corrupt or faulty, but sadly I don't know how I could help you with that.

~ MrJonton01

Hi all

Since this topic has been inactive for a further 2 days i will have to move this topic  to appropriate section.

If you still need any further help,create a new topic or contact us directly by submitting a support ticket:https://www.truckersmp.com/support

//Locked and Moved to Unsolved