Hot topic #9: TruckersMP continuous improvement

Prime

If TruckersMP would continue to respect more critic from players & would change the things which are suggested & required since long long times, It would be very great to do this surveys. But my opinion is that TMP  has changed too few things from past surveys & the changes are too small (maybe): But I do NOT forget that there were already very good changes regarding rule sets, staff positions and so on!

So, keep this free project on, make it even better and better and better, such as in the previous years! :)

• True Story 1

Kind regards,

ɢʀᴜɴᴅɪɪ

Retired Manager

Interesting read ..I dont think she should have never been iga. She was banned from ban evading. Once a cheater always a cheater will break the rules regardless..I know i am one person, but if she is allowed back i will delete my account.I know one account  doesn't mean much but it is one from a long time player..You CANNOT have different rules for different people..Btw having a bad day does not give anyone a excuse to break the rules.

• Confused 1

I'm interested in how things will change, especially after Lorena and MHT are kicked/demoted. 

Sadly, in my opinion, for me, TruckersMP has not improved in terms of support and moderation in the last months.

The time until reports are handled still seems too inconsistent to me. I just recently had, that reports I did several days ago got reviewed after 10 minutes, and some are still not reviewed, although the reports were created literally only one minute apart.

Forum supporters still give the old standard responses. Sometimes it is even obvious that they just did read the title and not the forum post itself, resulting in answers that have nothing to do with the problem of the user.

I'm sorry, but I have the feeling that TruckersMP is not improving in the support/moderation sector. Sometimes I even think that it only got worse.

But before you work on the quantity of what you do, make sure the QUALITY is given.

Right now, I do not really have a good image.

~ MrJonton01

• Upvote 2

The #1 problem is in-Game reports, so many times "Your report has timed out" and seriusly, who really want to drive just for reporting players? I drive and if someone crash into me by a mistake, ok, no problem, can happen in real life too. But if someone crash into me at 200km/h intentionaly on the wrong way, man.. come on..

And, seriusly, why the * are peoples reporting on C-D? You know what that road is, you know what is going to happen to you so, just don't report, AVOID!

This is what you should do for me: Make that C-D road reports are ignored In-Game but can still be reported on site. All twitch streams I saw, all video proofs I saw, all on C-D roads for mostly 99% of the time. Ignore C-D reports please.... PLEASE...

• Upvote 1
  • Woah! 1

^

How do you tell an intentional caused incident from one caused by mistake?
Your example is obvious, but there are cases that can not be differentiated that easily.

As the in-game rules apply everywhere on the map, players are entitled to report incidents that happen on the Calais - Duisburg route. Even if the route is infamous for its reckless drivers.
But I agree with you that the effectivity of in-game reports are still insufficient at present. Because of that, I only use the website report system.

• Confused 1
  • True Story 1

I want to add another fact that is very bad to see.

The fact, that very well team members like @Lorena*, @Bonnm & @MHT_ got kicked from the team. This team members could provide the most time & activity of most all other team members!

Through these changes, I conclude that some is not going well internally & I hope that this changes does not affect normal players and other TMP staff.

• Upvote 1
  • True Story 1

Kind regards,

ɢʀᴜɴᴅɪɪ

Retired Manager

1 hour ago, [23]ThunderSky said:

The #1 problem is in-Game reports, so many times "Your report has timed out" and seriusly, who really want to drive just for reporting players? I drive and if someone crash into me by a mistake, ok, no problem, can happen in real life too. But if someone crash into me at 200km/h intentionaly on the wrong way, man.. come on..

And, seriusly, why the * are peoples reporting on C-D? You know what that road is, you know what is going to happen to you so, just don't report, AVOID!

This is what you should do for me: Make that C-D road reports are ignored In-Game but can still be reported on site. All twitch streams I saw, all video proofs I saw, all on C-D roads for mostly 99% of the time. Ignore C-D reports please.... PLEASE...

On the one side you complain about people ramming you at high speeds while driving wrong way, on the other side you complain why people report players on C-D... where is the logic?

The thing is that players who can't behave are probably not only driving on C-D, but on other roads and cities too.

The optimal goal would be to have C-D being a high traffic, but still not too chaotic road.

If I see someone driving 150km/h at high traffic overtaking in a blind, sharp corner, then this player should be reported, regardless if he is on C-D or not.

~ MrJonton01

• True Story 1

^ the point is that 89% of reports come from C-D, so other reports from DLC for example, are just Timed Out, ignored..

By mistake is for example a low damage got at the junction, maybe we pass together but together we brake too.

TECHINCALLY speaking,the mod improved alot,and this comes from a guy that plays since literally day one.The mod/servers bacame very stable and desync with other players are very rare..even with my high ping(Avg of 250)i have no problems at all.

BUT the admnistration side is other thing.......There's a HUGE black hole between the admnistration in general and the playerbase:No changelogs,or plans for the future,just a completely radio silence after each end every update.
I feel that there is no dedication or love involved,people join the lower mod ranks just to have a chance to have some kind of power,not to help improve the experience for the really dedicated drivers out there.The HUGE inconsistency between time and how moderators deal with reports is ridiculous and cannot stay like this..
But sadly for me the biggest example that shows that higer rank mods dont give a damn is the surveys...Why not give us the results(for the first one) and say what you guys have planned to change based on it? The TMP team will keep making them until they got a satisfactory result?
And please start listening to Us...World of Tanks,one of my favorite games, is slowly dying(in a very painful way) due an administration that is blinded by arrogancy and greed,I really dont want to see this mod dissapear because of that,i believe 2019 needs to be a year of huge internal changes for this mod!.

• Upvote 2
  • True Story 1

• Project Manager

I think the idea of the surveys is good but the follow up action needs to improve a bit more I think. It's come on though so I am hopeful that it will continue to improve.

Have a good day all

Whitelodge

Kind Regards,

Whitelodge

spacer.png | spacer.png

Event Request | Event Calendar | Feedback | Events

On 12/11/2018 at 1:32 AM, BrunoPelogia said:

TECHINCALLY speaking,the mod improved alot,and this comes from a guy that plays since literally day one.The mod/servers bacame very stable and desync with other players are very rare..even with my high ping(Avg of 250)i have no problems at all.

BUT the admnistration side is other thing.......There's a HUGE black hole between the admnistration in general and the playerbase:No changelogs,or plans for the future,just a completely radio silence after each end every update.
I feel that there is no dedication or love involved,people join the lower mod ranks just to have a chance to have some kind of power,not to help improve the experience for the really dedicated drivers out there.The HUGE inconsistency between time and how moderators deal with reports is ridiculous and cannot stay like this..
But sadly for me the biggest example that shows that higer rank mods dont give a damn is the surveys...Why not give us the results(for the first one) and say what you guys have planned to change based on it? The TMP team will keep making them until they got a satisfactory result?
And please start listening to Us...World of Tanks,one of my favorite games, is slowly dying(in a very painful way) due an administration that is blinded by arrogancy and greed,I really dont want to see this mod dissapear because of that,i believe 2019 needs to be a year of huge internal changes for this mod!.

Dude!

Are you reading my soul?

I couldn't have said it any better, you completely spoke out my concerns I have about that mod.

~ MrJonton01

• Upvote 1
  • True Story 1

I think a roadmap for 2019 would be nice. That way we have an idea of what features are planned for 2019 at this point in time. I would love to hear more about the teaser with AI traffic - is it close? Is the ETA not until 2020? Anything information or more transparency would be much appreciated. I don't feel like we get much new apart from updates to the latest game version.

Also it has been suggested many times before that donations should be rewarded with a title or something else at the forum or ingame. Why is this still not a thing? I don't think people would donate and then complain that the mod isn't being worked on enough - it would just be nice to support the developers / TMP team and get a little in return. I'm sure this addition would increase the donations significantly which could perhaps go directly into servers, planning of more events, giveaways or stuff like that. This would also be a great interaction with the community.

I know lots of forums that use this kind of approach and it's generally a win-win for most.

Furthermore I just want to thank the game moderators for their work on the reports section on the website. I know in-game reports are hard to deal with as you have to catch the perpetrator in the act (which is why I always record ingame). My last few reports on the website have been dealt with within a few days which is a nice improvement to see. Keep it up!

Last but not least I feel like it's worth commenting on the lastest TMP team changes. I feel like there are far too many changes in the team all the time. Surely this must also be tiresome for the senior members of the team to constantly train new members?

I don't exactly have a solutions to this, but I just felt like it was worth saying.

Thanks for the thread and keep up the good work :)

• Upvote 1

I believe that the Survey system is the best way of getting feedback, cos it’s from the players themselves on how they are finding the game therefore if Upper Staff acknowledge these “Neagtive criticisms” then they could easily change it if many more people would agree to it, however sometimes it’s very unlikely :(

On 12/13/2018 at 12:18 PM, erikj said:

Also it has been suggested many times before that donations should be rewarded with a title or something else at the forum or ingame. Why is this still not a thing? I don't think people would donate and then complain that the mod isn't being worked on enough - it would just be nice to support the developers / TMP team and get a little in return. I'm sure this addition would increase the donations significantly which could perhaps go directly into servers, planning of more events, giveaways or stuff like that. This would also be a great interaction with the community.

I know lots of forums that use this kind of approach and it's generally a win-win for most.

A special paint job for donor titles would be good to have.

Problem is, those who award donations tend to overdo it. Take a look at the big Minecraft servers out there. They are literally selling ranks as commodities, They name the price for different levels of ranks, and award people with an unreasonable amount of power. Some of the power include being able to send server-wide announcements, and colorful/blinking chat messages that are more attention-grabbing than server announcements. Oh and I've also seen a server where you could purchase unbans.

Here in TMP we do not want any of those. Period.

==============================================================================================================================================================================================

A chronic problem that I see here and (afaik) nobody mentioned:

Suggestions are left open for discussion for years and never dealt with. They date back from 2015 and just pile up and expire with the games getting updated. Not a very good sign.

• Upvote 1

-- One banned troll means one sad troll. Conserve banning. The trolls will appreciate it.

҉  PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF RECKLESS DRIVERS

SprinterFS.gif

Hello there!

I personnally think that surveys are a great way to comunicate with the community and look what we/they want. TruckersMP was making good progress in 2018. We will end 2018 soon and we can say it was a beautiful year with many new additions and features that made the multiplayer experience even more realistic. When the TruckersMP-TEAM will continue making surveys, TMP will get even better!! Looking forward for even more great additions to TMP.

Sincerely Flying Cat

ETS2 since end of 2013

ETS2 on steam since 2/17/2016

ETS2MP since 2/23/2016

TMP-Forum since 9/21/2018