Will Bus Dlc Income On 2019?

[Mega Trans] CrystaL

Theres no chance of it coming in 2019...maybe 2020 or later.

I actually do like busses, and I don't see why they would need to make yet another game just because of a side project with busses. The majority of the content (other than the busses and passengers) are already there.

Theres already bus stops and things in the save files. Ex. "bus_job_log"

vi5wAWC.jpg

Also, they won't be adding normal city busses, they're looking at coaches. So its not going to be a pointless addition.

Nobody forces you to drive a specific truck, so why would you be forced to drive the busses if you don't want to?

I would prefer to have busses in the game with the trucks.

Plus, a title of a game doesn't really mean much. We use titles to explain what something might have in it, not what it doesn't have. For example, I could write a paper with the title "McDonald's and its downfalls", and still include the development of McDonald's for more than half of the paper. Otherwise we would be calling the game "Euro Truck AI Train Tollgate Company Road Country Ferry Damage Trailer Tree Building Intersection City Simulator with Mods"

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

By that definition, we also have to consider vehicles like aircrafts, trains and ships.

Not necessarily.  Just because it could be renamed as transport doesn't mean you have to include every type of vehicle transport.  The term is still accurate even if it only includes a couple methods.  Using your logic, since the game is called "Euro Truck Simulator", Why doesn't it include every single type of truck available in Europe?  Why isn't it a 100% accurate and realistic simulation? 

We can sit and be pedantic all you want, it doesn't change the fact that this stuff has been confirmed by the devs to be in development (not high priority, but still in development).  Whining about the title of the game is completely pointless especially about something that won't impact most people.  Don't want to drive a bus?  Don't buy the DLC or don't drive one, simple as that.  It's the same about people whining about the Skoda because "It's a truck game" when they aren't forced to use it. (The Skoda drivers are another issue all together, but take away the car and they'd just be using trucks.)

On 12/3/2018 at 1:48 PM, BlackSkill said:

Well, I didn't know that and It's pretty bad that they're adding buses since this is truck simulation game, not a bus. It would be better if they make a new game called Euro Bus Simulator or something similar.

Even if they add buses, it will be great to add some cars and just different vehicles, then they can change the game name and everything will be okay. 

Why would they make a whole new map when they have a game with a developed map they can use? That seems counter-productive, would you rather:

a. They kept working on expanding the ETS2 map alongside a bus simulator (this means less dlc for ETS2 and attention spread among both games)

or

b. They merge them together and produce content that can be used for both allowing them to continue their current development speed for producing content.

Personally, I'd prefer the latter.    

23 minutes ago, Cvelee313 said:

this is euro truck simulator 2, not bus simulator..

So go take it up with SCS since they're the ones making this DLC.  

This isn't someone asking the TMP team to add buses, this is someone asking about an officially announced DLC and when people think it's coming.

I wish most players could actually have a discussion or answer OP's original post instead of trying to be clever with their copy & pasted "It's a truck simulator".

I'm not too sure if a dedicated bus dlc will come out for ETS2.

Mainly because it's a trucking game.

But there are a few bus stops located around the map, so it may be a possibility.

But if you wanted to use a bus on ETS2 with passengers, then there are mods that allow you to do that, but you will have to play singleplayer and not multiplayer.

Jamie Appleby

1 hour ago, Jamie Appleby said:

I'm not too sure if a dedicated bus dlc will come out for ETS2.

Mainly because it's a trucking game.

If you want to look into this further you can find most of the information using Google, but here are two links with some info about it.

1 & 2.  I would link to the actual livestream recording but the copy I had saved has been removed by youtube.  If anyone has a copy and can link to it, that would be great.

Dear [Mega Trans] CrystaL,

I'm moving your topic to the Archive section because your topic inactive for 2 weeks(14 days). Because every day a lot of new topics are opening up and now the community wants to discuss a new discussion, so we archive the topic that are inactive for 2 weeks(14 days). We apply these procedures to keep the forum meticulously and actively in this way.

If you have any question, don't be afraid to PM me :=)

// Locked and moved to Archive.

Y6JLoj.png.1482f0bf87625eca4c05028e655c74c1.png

Archived