Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Too much lag

Question

Good evening from Argentina, Buenos Aires, Share of the renovation of the baltic dlc I started to have problems with the game, what problem? I have lag, which when I play American I do not have the problem, or using other types of games I keep pinging using local servers, but in the euro I have the problem of the most thing I never had that problem, do they have any help or response? thank you for the inconvenience if I cause.

8 answers to this question

Hi there @????,

you have lags in Euro Truck Simulator 2 multiplayer because there's a lot of players. I have lags tho, and when I am playing in the late late nigh or in singleplayer, I have 60 fps all the time. Every player reduces FPS for approx. 0.25(in the most time) or 0.50. Simply, avoid big areas or try to live with that.

Sincerely,

WentworthHFD

TruckersMP - Trial Support

Hi,

You should avoid busy areas as C-D road to avoid low fps and lags.

This is why you get lag coz of busy areas.

Regards

Total EDM

Hello @????, I am going to refer you to this topic.

There is a section on this topic. If you're having internet connection issues or anything like that hopefully this should help :) 

Best regards,

Kamaer

Pleasant regards

Kamer

Veteran Driver II

dcba905cdac6291ae8932f4fba24668b.png

role_veteran-ii1.png.ec521170e6dbabfa52c

You can communicate with me (:

Hi,

I assume your question has some regards to lag either due to a network scenario or a performance situation. 

Above were some fantastic solutions, so be sure to read Prototype's guide kindly posted by Kamer as well as being aware by the knowledge provided by Wentworth and Total EDM.

However, I understand it can be a little bit daunting to comprehend all of that information mentioned in the guide and deciding where to start is also a little tricky. 

As a result, I will share some quick easy to follow tips you can carry out that will certainly give you a performance boost:

Solutions: 

1. Right click windows task pane --> Click task manager ---> Head over to the processes tab ---> Find ets2.exe ---> Right click then go to priority and set it to high.

(You can also install Prio - A process priority saver that automatically does this for you after your first attempt : https://www.prnwatch.com/prio/ ) 

2. Putting your 'scaling' down in the graphics settings of ETS2 will help. Having 300 % / 400 % scaling is really not the best ideas in populated areas so dropping to 200 % - 100 % may be a wiser option. Yes your game will not look as nice, but it certainly will boost your FPS.   

3. Another thing you can do is go to control panel ---> hardware and sounds ---> power options --> click on "high performance". (Note it uses more power but will help boost fps).

4. Try to "Unpark" your cores. - This definitely improved my system as well as others. Take a look here for the instructions + the application needed http://coderbag.com/Programming-C/Disable-CPU-Core-Parking-Utility (Already mentioned in Prototype's guide) 

5. Reducing mirror quality / distance to medium or if really needed high. Don't go to ultra, it really reduces your FPS.

6. Grass density - Keep this on low (High takes a lot of FPS)

7. Reflections - Putting this on medium will save FPS, especially considering all of the players around you will add to the strain of the GPU to render the reflections from individual trucks.

One extra tip: Take a look at this guide by Nvidia Support: https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3130/~/setting-power-management-mode-from-adaptive-to-maximum-performance

( Make sure to configure the GPU preferences on the program settings tab for Euro Truck Simulator 2 OR American Truck Simulator ) 

Let us know if it made a difference. Best of luck! 

Dear @????

I am so sorry that you have trouble playing game with our mod.

But your topic has been  inactive for 3 days since the last reply due tothis i will have to move this topic to appropriate section.

If you still need any further help,feel free to DM me or other support team members,we  will open it again.

Thanks for all participation!

Thank you for your understanding!

//Locked and Moved to Inactive

Hi all

This topic has been inactive fo ra further 2  days ,because of inactivity,i will have to move this topic to Unsolved Topics

If you still need any further assistance,create a new topic  or contact us directly by submitting a support ticket:https://www.truckersmp.com/support

//Locked and Moved to Unsolved