Broadcast on Steam

Question

Hello all,

Have a question for those who broadcast on steam.

how to broadcast in public on steam?

should we have a good computer and a good connection to broadcast?

can I have more information? 

I will surely have other questions later. 

Thanks you advance for your answers.

Cordially.

10 answers to this question

Everything you need to know about broadcasting on steam is in your broadcasting settings page.  Go to your top left corner of your steam window, then Steam > Settings > Broadcasting from the left menu

In this window, you just have to change the privacy setting to "Anyone can watch my games" in order to broadcast in public on steam

Yes, its recommended to have a good computer to broadcast something acceptable (i5 processor minimum/i7 processor recommended, a decent Nvidia or AMD graphics card) and a good connection as well.  You should try to test broadcast to a friend that you know and trust so you could do some testing and see what settings you can broadcast well at.  Usually, its acceptable and best to broadcast at 720p with a bitrate of around 2500-3000kb/s, but that of course depends on your system/internet capabilities.

If you have any more questions, just ask away

4 hours ago, Knucklecurve said:

Everything you need to know about broadcasting on steam is in your broadcasting settings page.  Go to your top left corner of your steam window, then Steam > Settings > Broadcasting from the left menu

In this window, you just have to change the privacy setting to "Anyone can watch my games" in order to broadcast in public on steam

Yes, its recommended to have a good computer to broadcast something acceptable (i5 processor minimum/i7 processor recommended, a decent Nvidia or AMD graphics card) and a good connection as well.  You should try to test broadcast to a friend that you know and trust so you could do some testing and see what settings you can broadcast well at.  Usually, its acceptable and best to broadcast at 720p with a bitrate of around 2500-3000kb/s, but that of course depends on your system/internet capabilities.

If you have any more questions, just ask away

Hello,

For my computer i have I5 Processor and graphics card NVDIA GFORCE GTX 1060. this configuration seems powerful enough?

Problem solved. 
Thanks to everyone.

// Closed and moved to solved

DJFrontier | TruckersMP  - Retired Team Member ||| Languages:  English 🇺🇸  | Portuguese 🇧🇷

|| Rules || Support System || Appeals || Feedback || Realtime Map || Suggestions || Report System

Staff Member since September 11, 2018 to July 19, 2021