Your ETS2 Mods - Made any?

Robi47

I've never made or published a truck model or sound mod, but I've done one paint job for when the DAF E6 was new and I was wanting to make a Company skin for fun and see how people made them!

You can check out the Paint Job Skin I made below:

ets2_00079_zpskuvpjx1j.png

Source: ClickForLife

ets2_00080_zpsgrbfqlm5.png

ets2_00081_zpstge0rrpp.png

ets2_00082_zpsdsdq5bqx.png

ets2_00083_zps1gv6dgnl.png

ets2_00084_zpsbrnjmojb.png

I may make some more Skins in the future!

Cheers

Click

Cz6DhhJ.png

----

Proud ST Trucking Member!

If I've helped you, Click the "↑ Icon " to show your feedback!

hai,

I have a problem with making one of my mods

I tried many things, but still don't know what to do. I get this in my log:

00:00:19.752 : <ERROR> [unit] File '/def/vehicle/trailer/reefer_traffic.sii', line 2:
00:00:19.752 : <ERROR> Included at '/def/vehicle/trailer_traffic_storage.nta.sii', line 10:
00:00:19.752 : <ERROR> [unit] The unit name 'traffic.trailer.reefer' is already taken by an existing unit (of type 'trailer').
00:00:19.752 : <ERROR> load_filtered_unit_array() - Failed to load units from file (/def/vehicle/trailer_traffic_storage.nta.sii)

What do I have to do to fix this?  :) Any help will be appreciated.

Tried to remove the reefer_traffic from trailer_traffic_storage.nta.sii but then gives error for other trailers included in the file!?

I modified the more lights mod so I can put beacons and horns anywhere on my truck

Bad you <_<

Tho im not much better :D I put a front grill on my roof... Sadly it needed the mod to be loaded for it to work... I wonder if manually injecting it into the save file (like hybrid trucks) would work... Eh too lazy to try...

it kinda went into my drivers head tho...

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif

I made this one as suggestion for ets2mp. It adds new ferry connections from IJmuiden in order to avoid Europoort

5NucHuI.jpg

Tho im not much better :D I put a front grill on my roof... Sadly it needed the mod to be loaded for it to work... I wonder if manually injecting it into the save file (like hybrid trucks) would work... Eh too lazy to try...

it kinda went into my drivers head tho...

Can you explain your modification? I want to see your mod in action. :P  Maybe I can make it work without the mod.

IKTzLlO.png

accessory_hookup_data : smalllight7.addon_hookup{	name: "Flat Tire"	price: 110	icon: "smalllight_06"	model: "/vehicle/truck/upgrade/frontgrill/volvo_fh16_2012/frontgrill_15.pmd"	suitable_for[]: "b_grill"	suitable_for[]: "f_grill"	suitable_for[]: "r_grill"	unlock: 14}

Yea... No idea about the whole icon thing as selecting the orig icon broke the image lol...

Got bored downloaded a tire mod changed the directory and did this :D

KYJbVd3.jpg

Sadly it crashes lol... Tried manually injecting them via save, same result... so no grinding around causing explosions when my sparks get near trucks with flammable goods :mellow:

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif

It looks stolen from swift the colors etc etc

I've never made or published a truck model or sound mod, but I've done one paint job for when the DAF E6 was new and I was wanting to make a Company skin for fun and see how people made them!

You can check out the Paint Job Skin I made below:

ets2_00079_zpskuvpjx1j.png

ets2_00080_zpsgrbfqlm5.png

ets2_00081_zpstge0rrpp.png

ets2_00082_zpsdsdq5bqx.png

ets2_00084_zpsbrnjmojb.png

I may make some more Skins in the future!

Cheers

Click

It looks stolen from swift the colors etc etc

Thanks for the feedback, and after researching "Swift VTC" I've came across lots of pictures which may believe you to think that I've "Stolen" or "Copied" their designs but I never even knew about Swift until searching them a few minutes ago. I'll describe and show you the design process below.

I'll provide a picture of a Swift VTC truck and trailer:

maxresdefault_zpsqbwwi9rw.jpg

Source: Google Images

When I was making the test skin for fun as I mentioned in my last post I used the current "Stobart VTC" Skin for the colours and design and also the real life "Eddie Stobart Haulage Company" Design and merged them together and that's what you see above in the post you quoted and the final result below.

Current Stobart VTC Skin and Design:

227300_screenshots_2014-08-04_00001_zps9

Real Life Eddie Stobart Haulage Livery and Design:

SFT%20%20012_zpswhadnhvo.jpg

Final Result that came out of a days work:

In conclusion I was very saddened that you came out with an allegation that I "Stole" the design of "Swift VTC". I don't blame you though as with the evidence I provided the skins are both very similar in terms of colours and design, but as I've stated I originally didn't know about Swift until you brought it up. Hopefully in the future I'll do a little more research before making company skins and just skins for fun, so thanks for the advice overall!

I hope I did my best to describe the design process!

Cheers

Click

Cz6DhhJ.png

----

Proud ST Trucking Member!

If I've helped you, Click the "↑ Icon " to show your feedback!

I made a sound mod with realistic truck horns (real European truck horns go *Toot Toot!*, not like the ETS2 default American-style horns) but it still needs polishing and loop point refinements.

An example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHT3XNROfD8

Wow, E5 Daf's must be very popular in Europe there are at least 999999999 in that video

• 1 month later...

Archived