TruckersMP Winter Mod 2018

[GER] PLANET_XYZ

I hope this is the right place for this.

Anyways, I've been waiting for the winter mod patch for a while now and got kinda excited when there was another update after BTBS yesterday. As that wasn't it, I started wondering if we even get a Winter Mod this year? I'm missing the atmosphere and as we got lots of snow here in Germany by now, I really want to drive my truck through the snowy world of ETS2. And I didn't see any news or updates on the Winter Mod, so are we getting one this year?

Greetings,

yolo_kitty / RampageLP

Hello,

Regarding the Snow Mod, the best way to keep up to date is to watch our Social Media Pages such as Facebook, Twitter, Discord, and right here on the Forums!

Currently, there is no confirmation of the snow mod arriving, so I can only suggest the above, and play the waiting game, unfortunately.

Kind Regards,

Ollie

xMbPhG7.png

6 minutes ago, ZolaKluke said:

Hey man some people just wanna get into the holiday spirit with some snow and if you find it annoying then just don’t enable it

They point is it makes the game dark regardless of if its on or not, not just me who finds that annoying! your driving in daylight & get kicked or banned for no lights.....

@ZolaKluke I think that what @ScaniaFan89 is complaining about is that when the winter mod is "live", people who enable it have less daylight hours (it gets dark sooner) and because of that a temporary rule about lights is usually enforced (headlights must be ON between 16:00 and 07:00). Players who don't enable the mod have longer daylight and can forget to turn their lights on so they could be kicked from the server if they don't see the warning about the autokick.

It makes sense, because without lights, a player would be "ghost-driving" for others who did enable the mod, even if that player is driving in bright daylight. But it can be annoying to be kicked when in fact, the player did nothing wrong (in his screen). TBH, I only drove with winter mode on a couple of jobs, each time it has been released in the past, because I didn't like it. It's just , like @ScaniaFan89 said, a texture rework and I prefer to see clearly the road lines, boundaries, etc. I solved this "lights problem" a long time ago buy getting used to drive with my headlights on at all times, no matter if it's day, night, summer or winter. Still, that's just me and it's not a rule, so many players will see themselves kicked because of driving without lights at times where they don't need them to be on and it's understandable that they will complain. 

Archived