Disgusted By Beyond The Baltic Sea DLC

EstSpartan

Guys/Gurls everyone has their own opinion on any game/dlc thats released and I understand some gamers would rather have certain things be as realistic as possible for more immersion but you have to realise this is a company (SCS) and they have over heads and time scales to work with....

Lets be honest with each other about the scaling issue I have to say for a "Game" its perfect as it meets the requirements for all groups... for the seasonal trucker its not to long and not too small but for the dedicated trucker its big enough to say take a load from the UK to Poland and have a nice 40 min or more drive if speed limits and traffic laws are appropriate now on the other hand if your doing job from city to city close to each other the game/run itself will feel very short....

You have to weigh the pro's and con's of it all and I havent got the Baltic DLC but I have got alot of experiance with the game itself online/offline also you have to take into consideration for a novice gamer if the map was too big and the small journeys was taking longer that might affect sales/users I understand from a dedicated ETS/ATS gamer that things might be shorter or not as accurate as you would like but I have to say the job SCS do is good enough for an all round playing field....

I am from Aberdeen and the map only has one slight very small industrial look to it and thats it but I am fine with that because the game as a whole is exactly what I need it to be....

Also talking as a IRL trucker the movments of the vehicles and the detail is outstanding even for a game I am shocked at how much time they spend on the trucks/trailers as I have driven most of them in IRL in yards but not on roads as I only have HGV Class 2 at present Class 1 training starts monday ;) 

I hope this post makes things a bit clearer for some of you as a company's point of view rather than a gamers point of view.... I find SCS dedicated to the community and dedicated to the game itself.... but thats my opinion

signature.jpg.5cd38befc21633fe77438b72dc53a924.jpg

Information about MP | In-Game Rules | Forum Rules | How to become an IGA | Guides for MP
Help | Report Someone | Game Sever Status | Staff ListRecording Software | Allowed Mod's MP

Treat people how YOU expect to be treated and your journey will be nice and relaxing 

Personally, I do think they will revamp it in the future but they will go in order by DLC if they do all of the countries. So we could be looking at maybe a revamp on this sometime past 2020 is my guess.

19 hours ago, S p a r k i e said:

There's not much they can do about just changing the scaling of the ENTIRE DLC. This DLC is up to scale with all the rest of the map, and I doubt they will be ready to change ETS2's scaling any time soon.

They had two options:

1. Loads of cities, really close together.
  2. Few cities, far apart, missing out on loads of these important places.

They had picked the first option.

Just an example of how much map area you are getting:

Reveal hidden contents

map_balt2.jpg

Regardless, you are still getting A LOT for the price of the DLC.

Most companies now charge you $50 for a skin on a gun, or they have microtransactions where you have to pay every 5 or so minutes to continue playing.

So no, SCS is not "all about money". If they were, they wouldn't be here now. They spend their money on improving their games and their team. It has been like that since their first games.

They also listen to the community. Carthoo is everywhere (except the TruckersMP forums, he isn't here.)

If you made a post about this on /r/trucksim, you would get both feedback and opinions from other people, and Carthoo checks that subreddit fairly frequently.

I agree with everything @S p a r k i e said in this reply. 

Always been the same from SCS, just out to rake in money from DLC. It is called Euro Truck Simulator yet they sold it without most of Europe in it, it took years to get to this stage and it still isn't finished, very poor from them to be honest.

They have left the base game the same, they've never tried to change companies in game to be more in depth. They should have added an economy in game, at the moment you drive to a city, buy a garage and that's it basically. They have been to lazy thinking only of the money, wanting to bring DLC after DLC instead of working on the base game itself. They brought out ATS before they've even finished ETS2, it tells you everything really. They should be thankful there is no other competitors in the market because if there was they'd be blown away, that's most of the problem, free to do what the hell they want.

Okay i get it its by their scale, i love the nature in the dlc, but still how would you feel if you would live in baltic and you waited for dlc for YEARS, and it comes out made as tiny as possible and SO wrong, cities are just couple of tiny buildings, what are in real life big, roads that I enjoy trucking in real, apx take 1h valga - Tartu or 4h valga tallinn , etc. They couldve atldast rescale a baltic map since everyone knows baltic is small but not so small that you do a circle in 40 minutes, and they call it a biggest expansion.. maybe, but if you look italy or france its bigger in any possible way. Roads, distance, cities. Im really dissapointed that it took them for over almodt a year to release and work on dlc and couldnt bit rescsle the baltic regions, while they know baltic are small, they just gave us about 40 mins more driving time, randomly placed buildings and just big dissapointment for baltic region community!

Recording Convoys for free! Contact me here or on steam!

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198143679569/

On 12/1/2018 at 11:54 AM, DannyUK said:

Always been the same from SCS, just out to rake in money from DLC. It is called Euro Truck Simulator yet they sold it without most of Europe in it, it took years to get to this stage and it still isn't finished, very poor from them to be honest.

They have left the base game the same, they've never tried to change companies in game to be more in depth. They should have added an economy in game, at the moment you drive to a city, buy a garage and that's it basically. They have been to lazy thinking only of the money, wanting to bring DLC after DLC instead of working on the base game itself. They brought out ATS before they've even finished ETS2, it tells you everything really. They should be thankful there is no other competitors in the market because if there was they'd be blown away, that's most of the problem, free to do what the hell they want.

Virtually Everything you just said is pure rubbish.

If they're "only out for money" as you so claim, why then is ETS2 and its DLCs (excluding Beyond the Baltic Sea) currently on sale on Steam for between 50% and 75% off?

ETS2 was first released in October, 2012. Name, off the top of your head, as many game developers you can that continue to support their games, including the releases of patches, updates and large-scale DLCs a whole 6 years from their game's original launch. I'll happily wait. To make this fair, we should ignore MMOs.

When ETS2 was first released, the map was still pretty sizeable, and would take a fair amount of time to get around; it was still considerably larger than maps of any other game at the time of its release for driving games. Fuel (2009) was one of handful of games with a larger map for driving, and its level of detail was abysmal due to its immense size.

"They brought out ATS before they've even finished ETS2, it tells you everything really."

Yeah, it tells me SCS actually care about their products and customers, and continue to shower us with good quality content, bug fixes and updates.

So yeah, let's just slag off a company that, for the past 6 years, has refused to simply move on and abandon ETS2, but instead continues to support it by providing bug fixes, updates and good DLC like Italia and Scandinavia. How dare SCS actually care about their products and customers.

How dare SCS allow people to create such amazing mods like ETS2MP; which you are presently using.

McclaudEagle you are very well spoken and I completely agree with you. SCS is probably one of the best developers out there as they are one of the few that listen to their community and support their community with open arms e.g. it’s had a built in mod api since the very first version. Also sticking to the speed limit it can take over 6 hours to drive from the top of Finland down to southern Italy and additionally many more to get back up to the UK through France. Sure the map isn’t 1:1 scale but even then with all the map dlcs you’ve plenty to drive on and still plenty without. 

19 hours ago, McclaudEagle said:

Virtually Everything you just said is pure rubbish.

If they're "only out for money" as you so claim, why then is ETS2 and its DLCs (excluding Beyond the Baltic Sea) currently on sale on Steam for between 50% and 75% off?

ETS2 was first released in October, 2012. Name, off the top of your head, as many game developers you can that continue to support their games, including the releases of patches, updates and large-scale DLCs a whole 6 years from their game's original launch. I'll happily wait. To make this fair, we should ignore MMOs.

When ETS2 was first released, the map was still pretty sizeable, and would take a fair amount of time to get around; it was still considerably larger than maps of any other game at the time of its release for driving games. Fuel (2009) was one of handful of games with a larger map for driving, and its level of detail was abysmal due to its immense size.

"They brought out ATS before they've even finished ETS2, it tells you everything really."

Yeah, it tells me SCS actually care about their products and customers, and continue to shower us with good quality content, bug fixes and updates.

So yeah, let's just slag off a company that, for the past 6 years, has refused to simply move on and abandon ETS2, but instead continues to support it by providing bug fixes, updates and good DLC like Italia and Scandinavia. How dare SCS actually care about their products and customers.

How dare SCS allow people to create such amazing mods like ETS2MP; which you are presently using.

That is your opinion which you're entitled to but I don't agree. Why is DLC on sale? Because it's been out a long time and they want people to buy it. The base game has hardly been updated, been the same way since it came out.

I quite like the DLC, yes its probably not scaled to real life, But I dont care about that, it gives us extra places to visit and pickup and drop off our loads.

Some people just like moaning, I am sure the same people moaned about every DLC released for these games, SCS do a great job at making new DLC's, and yes they may miss out landmarks they do not know exist in them countries, one example is the Jet d'Eau in Geneva, Switzerland, which I would have loved to see in-game, but sadly it is not, But I am not moaning about the lack of its inclusion, because they may have not been able to put that ingame for various reasons.

So on closing, I will say I am very happy with the Baltic Sea DLC - Yes it may not have exact details of its cities in-game or even real-life companies (which cannot be included of course because of copyright and possibly other laws), this is also why they have got permission to feature the SCANIA, DAF trucks etcand also the company trailers in-game, because they may need proper licences to put virtual landmarks in-game also, and getting such licences may not even be possible for landmarks usage.

So while it would be nice to see landmarks in the cities they are supposed to be in, in-game, it may not even be possible due to licencing restrictions and/or lack of same, so please at least show some respect to SCS Software for making the DLC - They could have simply not bothered, and then you would be moaning because of the LACK OF the Baltic Sea DLC then - so stop moaning and enjoy the hard work they have put into the DLC.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there,

Because this topic has been inactive for 14 days I am going to close this topic to keep the forums organised. Topics are started very frequently on the forums, so we need to make sure that the more active topics remain open for discussion.

Thank you to everyone for your input!

If you wish to get your topic unlocked, don't hesitate to PM me.

//Locked and Moved to Archive

• Dziada locked this topic

Archived