Disgusted By Beyond The Baltic Sea DLC

EstSpartan

Hello guys, I'm back the famous CCTV and fun dude.

I'm today sharing my experience with the latest DLC. Since I'm now in real life truck driver and frequent Driver on the baltic Trasse to germany and austria.

Feeling really disgusted by the DLC since Most of the key cities from the Baltic city is gone as Example:

Estonia:

Valga , Its known for as Gate to europe for Estonians and many other Drivers, and has about same amount of traffic as well "IKLA" they're 2 keypoints what shouldve been marked on the Baltic DLC for estonia,

2. All estonian Cities as pushed too together.

3. None of cities are even close to regognize them.

4. from Dev console you can see from Tallinn to Tartu... Its not normal.

Latvia:

Latvias Key Border city and Tollgate. Tollgate is really poorly made, "Pauska" city wich is the latvias key Border to EUROPE , and most of the traffic flows trough there.

2. Most of latvias territory is pushed too together, just like estonia.

Lithuania:

You exit Lithuania right to RIGA city... WHAT THE TRUCK?

Only way i should enjoy driving through map is about 50kmh to feel the drive, since if i push petal to the metal and driver 90kmh and follow city limits, its only about 5 min drive from 1 city to another. Reallyreally poorly made map for its price and making time. Since most of promods maps are made in couple of months, and they look Gorgeous, i suggest using ProMods Baltic map but its not enabled in MP. So don't be suprised if you see more Baltic drivers driving down the speed limit since driving within speedlimit makes you go trough Baltic in 10 mins, I feel really disgusted.

They should've done some rescaling about baltic countries. Yes they are small but that not so small that you drive from Kaunas to Tallinn in 10 minutes.

Very Dissapointed in Baltic DLC, Years of waiting down the drain.

As well i know many of you guys might like the dlc, I'm not saying you shouldn't like the DLC, but for Baltic people, The DLC is really Bad, and missing A lot of chunks of real road, and having too many of nonsenses on the road what really does not EXIST.

I do like only the nature whats associated with Baltic Nature and many country roads, but still they are too short, most between city distances are smaller than Rotterdam and amsterdam drive, it makes me sad, that i wasted money and hyping time on this map.

Sad that nowdays is SCS all about money.

Recording Convoys for free! Contact me here or on steam!

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198143679569/

There's not much they can do about just changing the scaling of the ENTIRE DLC. This DLC is up to scale with all the rest of the map, and I doubt they will be ready to change ETS2's scaling any time soon.

They had two options:

1. Loads of cities, really close together.
  2. Few cities, far apart, missing out on loads of these important places.

They had picked the first option.

Just an example of how much map area you are getting:

map_balt2.jpg

Regardless, you are still getting A LOT for the price of the DLC.

Most companies now charge you $50 for a skin on a gun, or they have microtransactions where you have to pay every 5 or so minutes to continue playing.

So no, SCS is not "all about money". If they were, they wouldn't be here now. They spend their money on improving their games and their team. It has been like that since their first games.

They also listen to the community. Carthoo is everywhere (except the TruckersMP forums, he isn't here.)

If you made a post about this on /r/trucksim, you would get both feedback and opinions from other people, and Carthoo checks that subreddit fairly frequently.

Well Its good to know that they listen to the community but it isnt fair that they release "DLC" what so ever HAS city names but cities wont remind at ALL any city in BALTIC Countries so far, just couple of houses and just as a small village, thats redicioulos, that they think baltic cities are just a some sort of villages.

They only have limited time to go and discover these places, you can't expect everything to be absolutely perfect.

If you want a perfect simulation, then this probably isn't the best simulator for you (unless you go into singleplayer with some mods)

Also remember, ETS2 tries to outline industrial sectors when it comes to cities, not the more commonly seen residential/tourism sectors. Of course, they include some of these tourism sectors for player enjoyment.

weird so far if its trying to outline Industrial sectors, why doesn't any match with real life places totally at all :D and how promods make accurate maps with couple of months and they cant handle the map with almost with over the year :D, it does not have to perfect but it could atleast look somewhat similar :D but it does not look nothing like cities i have ever seen in baltic :D! they have made me so confused with cities that i wont even know wheres something lol :D! if you'd be from baltic you would get it :D its nothing like baltic at all. Only similarity i found was in riga, the rigan water powerplant right next to riga, but most of the roads and places are too mixed up to understand where it might be or how it would look like :)

none of the cities look like city, they're all mostly small villages with 10 to 15 houses max in estonia :D and they skipped out "Valga" it has many great and known companies in europe , "Gomab Mööbel" "Atria Lihatööstus" (Gomab Furniture as example to rename it something else and Atria Meatfactory" , those are well known to Germany.

So far, I enjoy the new content, but something that drives me nuts is the constant speed limit changing everywhere, I drive only realistically, and 99,9% on EU#1, I feel some speed limit zones are way too short to be able to slow down for a few meters then have to get back to speed again, I'm not sure how close to reality these speed limits are, but its getting on my nerves, like I say, if a speed limit says 50kmh, I'll be at 50km/h quickly, but soon, back at 70kmh and a few seconds another zone of 50kmh is there, I'm probably the one that a lot of players hate cause I respect everything, even if I'm alone on the roads, I love realism, and its as close as I could get to driving a real truck which is somehting I can't do because I can't even have a driving license due to some problems with my eyes.

76561198104067447.png

2 minutes ago, McDodge34 [FR QC] said:

So far, I enjoy the new content, but something that drives me nuts is the constant speed limit changing everywhere, I drive only realistically, and 99,9% on EU#1, I feel some speed limit zones are way too short to be able to slow down for a few meters then have to get back to speed again, I'm not sure how close to reality these speed limits are, but its getting on my nerves, like I say, if a speed limit says 50kmh, I'll be at 50km/h quickly, but soon, back at 70kmh and a few seconds another zone of 50kmh is there, I'm probably the one that a lot of players hate cause I respect everything, even if I'm alone on the roads, I love realism, and its as close as I could get to driving a real truck which is somehting I can't do because I can't even have a driving license due to some problems with my eyes.

Don't worry bro, we do not have such speedlimit issues, but, its probably Due too many cities and small villages on the road, but otherwise its just improvised by the SCS with speedlimits. And even if you do chase reallity i can give you a secret, mostly NONE of truckdrivers drive by speedlimit, since the contract time and logistics haulin theyr ass + wantign to get home faster makes them drive all the time 90kmh. Even in latvia and Lithuania there is limit 70 but they still houl 90 kmh trough.

Promods uses different methods of research to make their maps (google maps/street view), and it doesn't perfectly match because they can only do so much to recreate real life on computers (it's not easy).

SCS sends a team of people to places for about a week to research, and they try to rely mostly on what their experiences are.

SCS has to handle more than just mapping, remember. They also have to make their models themselves, as well as the textures.

Promods uses loads of stuff already made by SCS (models, etc)(but of course they do make some stuff of their own) and the level of testing is usually not as high. (Not to say they don't test it)

SCS tests their maps privately, and while that makes it take more time, they tend to have less errors and issues.

I know that they aren't truly like that area you live in, but like I said, theres only so much that you can do to recreate real things on a computer.

28 minutes ago, B4DB0Y12 said:

Don't worry bro, we do not have such speedlimit issues, but, its probably Due too many cities and small villages on the road, but otherwise its just improvised by the SCS with speedlimits. And even if you do chase reallity i can give you a secret, mostly NONE of truckdrivers drive by speedlimit, since the contract time and logistics haulin theyr ass + wantign to get home faster makes them drive all the time 90kmh. Even in latvia and Lithuania there is limit 70 but they still houl 90 kmh trough.

Yeah, I know too well how real truck drivers don't respect speed limits, I watch a lot of TV documentary that shows how they drive in real life, and the worst is most drivers are from Baltic Sea country, they are the most dangerous ever, have 0 respect for anything, and often end up in crash, they drink and drive, don't respect their driving times and such, but its for another topic I guess.

76561198104067447.png

1 minute ago, McDodge34 [FR QC] said:

Yeah, I know too well how real truck drivers don't respect speed limits, I watch a lot of TV documentary that shows how they drive in real life, and the worst is most drivers are from Baltic Sea country, they are the most dangerous ever, have 0 respect for anything, and often end up in crash, they drink and drive, don't respect their driving times and such, but its for another topic I guess.

dont say that "Worst are from baltic" I'm from baltic, and my dad and my granddad were truckdrivers, and many my good friends are truck drivers and they are good drivers, but its the Logistics and contracts what make trucks haul ass. No matter where are you from.

26 minutes ago, B4DB0Y12 said:

They do not look nothing a like.

1.png

2.png

SCS doesn't try to recreate exact intersections unless they have some sort of tourist attraction there, or if its an EXTREMELY popular intersection

But those pictures look REALLY similar to me, despite SCS not creating the roads exactly the same (and of course ets2 is way more saturated in color)

Also, with intersections in real life coming into video games, only so much can be done because AI have to be able to navigate these, and they have to fit the right sizing and everything for how the SCS representation fits together.

These map expansions/updates are created for user experience and drivability, not so much to be the most accurate representation, just to be something similar

I am more interested in what is going to happen with ATS though, even with the rescale they did.

The states on the west coast of the country are MUCH bigger than the ones on the east coast.

We're going to have a state that will only have enough room for a tollbooth, and a truck stop! (Rhode Island). And right next to it, Connecticut, which will maybe fit one city! (Not like there is much interesting here, but that's past the point)

But then we'll also hopefully eventually get Canada and Mexico, which would be great!

39 minutes ago, S p a r k i e said:

SCS doesn't try to recreate exact intersections unless they have some sort of tourist attraction there, or if its an EXTREMELY popular intersection

But those pictures look REALLY similar to me, despite SCS not creating the roads exactly the same (and of course ets2 is way more saturated in color)

Also, with intersections in real life coming into video games, only so much can be done because AI have to be able to navigate these, and they have to fit the right sizing and everything for how the SCS representation fits together.

These map expansions/updates are created for user experience and drivability, not so much to be the most accurate representation, just to be something similar

I am more interested in what is going to happen with ATS though, even with the rescale they did.

The states on the west coast of the country are MUCH bigger than the ones on the east coast.

We're going to have a state that will only have enough room for a tollbooth, and a truck stop! (Rhode Island). And right next to it, Connecticut, which will maybe fit one city! (Not like there is much interesting here, but that's past the point)

But then we'll also hopefully eventually get Canada and Mexico, which would be great!

3.png

4.png

Theres even Man Truck Service they skipped out! xD

And after rõngu theres only about 1 min drive to TARTU ... its absolute nonsense.

you can drive around baltic states about 30 mins. possibly included russian part and finland + 15 min.

40 minutes of driving = Biggest expansion. yeah, right, you wont drive from Bologna to Catania in 40 in ets lol.

TOO SMALL.

Ok, lets exclude good truck drivers from the comment I've said above, but for all the other ones, if you check videos on youtube, you'll understand what I mean, it looks like some found their driving license out of a popcorn bag, and I'm surprised some found out how to correctly start their trucks. I know bad drivers exist everywhere, but a load of them seem to be in the Baltic area according to a lot of video compilations. Respect for all the good drivers from Baltic area, you certainly know who you are and probably already know which ones I refer as bad drivers, you probably saw them on the road or in the ditch while hauling your loads. The ones that don't respect anything and drink and drive especially.

76561198104067447.png

2 minutes ago, McDodge34 [FR QC] said:

Ok, lets exclude good truck drivers from the comment I've said above, but for all the other ones, if you check videos on youtube, you'll understand what I mean, it looks like some found their driving license out of a popcorn bag, and I'm surprised some found out how to correctly start their trucks. I know bad drivers exist everywhere, but a load of them seem to be in the Baltic area according to a lot of video compilations. Respect for all the good drivers from Baltic area, you certainly know who you are and probably already know which ones I refer as bad drivers, you probably saw them on the road or in the ditch while hauling your loads. The ones that don't respect anything and drink and drive especially.

yeah i do get you :), but again like we use to say you cant learn to truckdriver, you must be born for it. I know theres the wording another way in another sentence, but the true is what truckdrivers say, most of bad and drunk driving is caused by problems in personal life of truckers, releated to families, and most accidents of baltic trucks happen cause of greedy comapny owners. Like last time in Austria My truck broke middle of trafficjam cause of Clutch Disc, since company left it uncontrolled or the owner was knowing and did not change since the truck was bought from used trucks and owner shouldve done full check in service, as well my truck was showing 100% clutch, nothing was gone and did not warn me at all about it. Even limp home mode did not work, there i stood in middle of highway with hazzard lights untill trafficmanagers and firedpt towed me off to a nearest parking lot.

@B4DB0Y12

you do realise that 1 min real time is roughly 30 to 60 min in game? the map scale is 1:20 same as ATS. what you want them to do is a 1:1 scale. that wont happen. as others have said. they either leave a lot of cities out, or put a lot in and make them real close together.

you are complaining about things here that you should be complaining on the SCS forums about.

my recommendations are either play the dlc and have fun knowing that there are areas named after and somewhat similar to real life cities, or talk to steam and ask for a refund.

6 minutes ago, ShadowWolf2k7 said:

@B4DB0Y12

you do realise that 1 min real time is roughly 30 to 60 min in game? the map scale is 1:20 same as ATS. what you want them to do is a 1:1 scale. that wont happen. as others have said. they either leave a lot of cities out, or put a lot in and make them real close together.

you are complaining about things here that you should be complaining on the SCS forums about.

my recommendations are either play the dlc and have fun knowing that there are areas named after and somewhat similar to real life cities, or talk to steam and ask for a refund.

Where do you guys read it out that im saying i want 1:1 :D, im telling you these just are not cities and those are not roads to cities since they're more like offramps from highways to cities and cities have like 10 houses in baltic, and they call them cities, other objects are just 2D house cardboards lol. back in the distance. I'm just Discussing about the DLC not Complaining. In my opinon its the worst choise to just add shzz ton of cities really close to eatchothers and just 10 CM long roads between each city and call it biggest expansion. I feel bit offended over years waiting and now just that mindf....t...

I do know that some SCS team members do play ETS2MP and are part of thiscommunity, wishing someone would step up and have nice cosy discussion with me, without anger or hate, just discussion.

34 minutes ago, Dark1Winter said:

not every dlc is very good, it would not be too bad.

in my opinion its worst so far sadly, Its my home country, and it makes me angry to see all cities mashed up, located wrong, having couple of buildings , they couldve added some more buildings atleast or make roads bit longer. not to 1:1 just it looks so bad that you drive Trough country like empty papersheet that has couple of cardboard boxes standing on it.... I'm not alone one that opinion most of Baltic community behind our last trip wanted to take take puke break after convoyign through baltic states to russia.

^^ I can see them doing the same with Balkans, just the layout of the cities and everything is i think close to what you have up north, Slovenia has some motorways its actually a cross, italy-hungary and austria-croatia the rest of the countries dont really have good motorway connection and the cities are what they are. It's going to be the same, Spain and Portugal will be awesome tho! 

@B4DB0Y12

you should try ATS some time. a lot of the cities in there are not correct. hell one city isn't even setup right at all. does SCS know that the city is wrong, most likely not since they are an EU company. does that detract from game play, not for anyone whose never been there.

could they have made the cities in the Baltic DLC bigger, yes. could they have put hundreds or thousands of houses in, yes. did they pack a lot of cities close together, I don't know since I do not own the DLC.  does SCS have room to improve the DLC now that it is released, very much so. however your exaggeration of 4 in roads is a little much. they maybe short but they serve some purpose and are most likely 5 in. 

you maybe upset that they dlc didn't turn out as perfectly accurate as you would like, but you can go to SCS and suggest to them what they can improve upon in the dlc. we cant help you, and if I did own the dlc and were to drive though it, I would most likely not even notice that it wasn't accurate and wouldn't much care if it wasn't due to my having fun, playing a game.

Archived