Rigids in ETS2... What do you think?

[GER] Robin

Hey guys.

I'm one of the persons who really likes to drive BDF Trucks...
And i'm tired of waiting for SCS to create them - so many modders created great BDF Trailers but SCS is tanking much time for it...
I mean they were already working at it :)

news_016.jpg

rigids_unload_scheme.jpg

(Read more here: SCS Blog)
So i know i have to wait, but i just wanna know if you are also waiting for it or if you don't care if there are rigids or not :P

I hope i'm not alone waiting for it, hope you share your opinion in this thread, and i'm curious for you answers :D

Greetings from Germany :P

ETS 2 Trucker since: November 2, 2012

TMP Trucker since: December 13, 2014
TMP-Forums Member since: February 6, 2016
TMP Staff since: January 24, 2019

909352999_role_RetiredTeamMember.png.778

76561198117916779.pngAddFriend.png

https://twitch.tv/robin_tmp

I would love to see rigids in the game and it would be great for them to be combined with multi drop kind of jobs and maybe some more urban driving. That being said it would really add a new and interesting dimension, and certainly one that I am looking forward to in a year or so when SCS has clears the backlog of new trucks waiting for release.

1 minute ago, Gnl_Hugh122 said:

I would love to see rigids in the game and it would be great for them to be combined with multi drop kind of jobs and maybe some more urban driving. That being said it would really add a new and interesting dimension, and certainly one that I am looking forward to in a year or so when SCS has clears the backlog of new trucks waiting for release.

I agree with you

As far as I know, the Mercedes New Actros rigid chassis is already completed from many years. But they never release any news. However, I think we will not see any on 2019 too.. maybe 2020 something.

The fact they finally introduced Dollys ( only in finland for now ), is a step forward to use them with rigid trucks. 

C907210_6.jpg

5 minutes ago, [23]ThunderSky said:

As far as I know, the Mercedes New Actros rigid chassis is already completed from many years. But they never release any news. However, I think we will not see any on 2019 too.. maybe 2020 something.

The fact they finally introduced Dollys ( only in finland for now ), is a step forward to use them with rigid trucks. 

C907210_6.jpg

You are right, if you look on some Mods they are really close to Rigids, but without SCS Hands in it it will never be possible to create this new Game dimension for modders :(

But i also look forward :)

--
Edit: Sry i didnt talk about the Mercedes.
Yes, the Rigid Chassis for the MP4 is a little secret in the game since 2015 i think. Some modders found the Rigid and brang it ingame - but it don't bring anything :D

18 minutes ago, Gnl_Hugh122 said:

I agree with you, an answer that makes sense :) 

It would definitely be a great game addition, however the chances of it happening soon seem unlikley unless they have had someone secretly working on it. From physics changes, new truck models, which they may even have to vist manufactures for, along with the current delivery yard not being really best suited it may be some time.

Who knows maybe the one yard prefab in scandinavia DLC that features one of these cargo boxes is a hint at things to come. :)

On 11/30/2018 at 7:56 PM, Harrybo699 said:

It would definitely be a great game addition, however the chances of it happening soon seem unlikley unless they have had someone secretly working on it. From physics changes, new truck models, which they may even have to vist manufactures for, along with the current delivery yard not being really best suited it may be some time.

I'm definetly your opinion. SCS has so much in the background working on, an has other priorities like Rigids.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived