Turn "Truckersmp" into a payed service

[GR] Τρεχαντήρι

As for paying for access, I would say NO - I can give Roblox as an prime example here, folks hack and get free robux (in-game currency), and then hack in-game as well, so I am pretty sure if there was a payment system in place to check someone has paid, that it will eventually be hacked into, and the hackers would get in-game for free anyway.

Paying for access, will just makes everyone else pay money, and it does not solve any problems with in-game trolls.

Personally a lot of the trolling stems from the fact people SPEED around and overtake at stupid places.

Remember this is a Truck game, it is not Grand Theft Auto or Need For Speed, so personally I think speed limits should be enabled on ALL servers, if folks want to speed, then buy a racing game instead

Also I have found if you drive a bit slower (not too slow ofc) AND leave enough space between you and the guy in front, if they suddenly stop, you then have time to react to the situation and press the Brake button which will halt your truck quicker than pressing Reverse, if you are up the back of them, you will have no time to react to such events

Likewise I have seen people drive on or over the central road markings, if everyone does that, it means you are more likely to hit oncoming vehicles, I always try to drive away from the central road markings, I tend to drive almost nearly but not on the pavement/walkway if possible, this then gives you a gap between your vehicle and central line

(eg. Central Line>|...<VEH>|Pavement/Walkway)

I think TMP could rework the way bans work, at least give it a try for some time to see how well it works.

Players banned for traffic behaviour reasons would not be banned from playing TMP, instead they could join but only able to play in EU #4 until the ban expires. That way, they can still play, but since EU #4 has no collisions, they wont cause harm to anyone else. And who knows, maybe they end up liking EU #4 as there they can drive as fast and reckless as they want without any problem. (a freeroam server for ATS would be good for this purpose)

Bans for other reasons such as insults, impersonating admins, etc etc would follow the usual ban system.

Hey there! :)

I understand your pint, but i think this is the wrong way to remove this problems. You can give TruckersMP money actually if you want but needing to pay would maybe make people don't wanna drive again in MP. And for those trolls it won't also be a problem to affort this if others can. It gives many paid systems that show this problem. (ex. PS+) Also the game wasn't for free, so many trolls won't come anyways. ^_^Would ETS2/ATS be free, it would have much more trolls. For those who are still going in MP to troll will be banned. B) We haven't enough Admins to be allways everywhere and allways able to fastly look at your videoreports. You should have a bit of patience (some days). Please appreciate the good work of the Game Moderators. They give everything to make the MP an enjoyable place. If you don't wanna make videoreports, then don't. :rolleyes:

If you have any more questions to ask me, then quote this comment of mine and I'll try to help you. ;)

Sincerely Flying Cat

You agree this comment or like it? Then please vote for it. Thanks :D 

ETS2 since end of 2013

ETS2 on steam since 2/17/2016

ETS2MP since 2/23/2016

TMP-Forum since 9/21/2018

Wrong, so wrong, @Pikolino. An idea like suggested would create even bigger troll hive. Instead of monetizing where you can't monetize to the point you have a platform build on top of property of legal company, bizarre thought from you. Instead of discussing behavior of kids who mostly don't follow the roadbook on EU#2 I met screaming in the mic, EU#1 should be much more populated for those of us folk driving like they should. I guess we should gather there, only 250 people average log-in play hours on EU1 - SHAME.

From the time I had to experience Europe #2, I'm disgusted already. Nobody giving turn signals, overtaking with 2 trucks ahead of me, tight space to merge in my lane despite I always give room for those ahead of me, blocking the road for no apparent reason. Honking on my back because I'm going 80 km/h down the highway with 80 being max and the weirdo behind me wants to go 120, leading to chain reaction crash.

Exact same reason why I was hesitant trying on TMP all the time. I guess I'll try to stick on the simulation server or NoCars one.

The retard-ness happening on the most active server kills the fun.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Hello,

I agree that there are some trolls, rammers. However, turning TruckersMP to a paid service is not a solution. Euro Truck Simulator 2 is also a paid game. So turning TruckersMP to a paid service (with a symbolic payment) won’t change anything. 

If you don’t want to see rammers, trollers and etc. you can try EU3 [No Cars] or EU1 [Simulation] server. The solution is being avoid from EU2 server. 

If you make TMP a PAID service you are not going to be stopping anything. If you want an example Star Citizen is a Space Role-playing MMO simulation game. This game costs anywhere from £23 to £15,000 depending on the package you buy. I Have seen people spend over £500 to get a Massive ship just to troll. If you made TMP a Paid Service via Monthly Subscription then its nor going to have any effect even if it was £30 a month trolls are still gonna pay for one month troll and then cancel

I don't think making TruckersMP into a paid service would be an idea as if you think of it the kids who are already trolling and ramming into people bought the game. As well I think it would violate some laws. There isn't really a perfect answer to solve this situation except hiring more game mods to moderate both games and us users reporting the issue but that's pretty much it I think.

DJWinstonTFM

Live every Saturday at 4PM UK/11AM EDT @ TruckersFM

FOLLOW UP:

Thank you all for your replies. Since 10 or so days have passed after my initial post, please allow me a follow up.

--I now agree with what many of you said about "trolls paying one euro to troll" as well as "the modders can't make money from a game that they didn't write" (though I'm sure there are workarounds).

--I have now set up continuous record and I have filed reports with staggering results, and I want to thank the admins for taking a moment to evaluate them. I usually post an unlisted YouTube video with a timestamp, I wish everyone had fast upload speeds like I do.

--Maybe the admins could make the bans active during the weekends? Trolls troll on the weekends, get banned for 2-3 days, and next weekend they're usually back.

@Asyedan "Players banned for traffic behaviour reasons would not be banned from playing TMP, instead they could join but only able to play in EU #4 until the ban expires." Totally agree.

@Robin [GER] "So i would have the idea to create a 'Whitelist' Server, so there just play players who for example have no bans in the last year or stg." Totally agree.

1 hour ago, pikolino said:

FOLLOW UP:

Thank you all for your replies. Since 10 or so days have passed after my initial post, please allow me a follow up.

--I now agree with what many of you said about "trolls paying one euro to troll" as well as "the modders can't make money from a game that they didn't write" (though I'm sure there are workarounds).

--I have now set up continuous record and I have filed reports with staggering results, and I want to thank the admins for taking a moment to evaluate them. I usually post an unlisted YouTube video with a timestamp, I wish everyone had fast upload speeds like I do.

--Maybe the admins could make the bans active during the weekends? Trolls troll on the weekends, get banned for 2-3 days, and next weekend they're usually back.

@Asyedan "Players banned for traffic behaviour reasons would not be banned from playing TMP, instead they could join but only able to play in EU #4 until the ban expires." Totally agree.

@Robin [GER] "So i would have the idea to create a 'Whitelist' Server, so there just play players who for example have no bans in the last year or stg." Totally agree.

I agree on that part as well maybe you guys could suggest that? 

DJWinstonTFM

Live every Saturday at 4PM UK/11AM EDT @ TruckersFM

I think TMP could rework the way bans work, at least give it a try for some time to see how well it works.

Players banned for traffic behaviour reasons would not be banned from playing TMP, instead they could join but only able to play in EU #4 until the ban expires. That way, they can still play, but since EU #4 has no collisions, they wont cause harm to anyone else. And who knows, maybe they end up liking EU #4 as there they can drive as fast and reckless as they want without any problem. (a freeroam server for ATS would be good for this purpose)

Bans for other reasons such as insults, impersonating admins, etc etc would follow the usual ban system.;)

Is it annoying? Most certainly? Is it a huge problem? No.

It is a game, after all. Some people are going to take it seriously, some will not. If you get so pissed that you are willing to pay for a multiplayer mod over some trolling children, then perhaps you need to re-evaluate your life choices and priorities.

On 12/10/2018 at 10:06 AM, {IR.G}Mohammad.afz said:

Hello
You're having a truck while you're driving. Some players may be in a hurry.
If your truck is damaged, you can use / fix.

In a hurry. Say what... where does "hurry" apply in the game other than high possibility of traffic offences and insane damages to others players property (truck/trailer). Similar case, day before yesterday I ran 2,500 km long trip. Solid profit. Half of the way, on a highway exit, some big pants boy decided to go into my trailer, overtake on one lane HIGHWAY EXIT despite I flashed lights. T*rd didn't figure out the meaning of "flash your lights", blazed through me. Trailer damages accounted to half of the profit and almost 2 hours of useless driving to spend more than I earned.

Even those had 2000+ hours on ETS2 don't know road communication.Man! I feel I'm the only one who ever game a turn signal to someone in behind it's clear to overtake. Do feel the same for the speedlimit. Everybody rushes, only I keep it serious. Still to see someone who drives by the speed limit on Europe 2.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

@Zakxaev68,

I totally understand you.
Everybody else FLIES past me while I TRAVEL down the road with 80 kph.
Road communication? A waste of time. I doubt that these players even know what the exterior mirrors are meant for.
It seems that they try reach speed of light, for whatever reason. I guess they have to compensate something...

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there,

Because this topic has been inactive for 14 days I am going to close this topic to keep the forums organised. Topics are started very frequently on the forums, so we need to make sure that the more active topics remain open for discussion.

Thank you to everyone for your input!

If you wish to get your topic unlocked, don't hesitate to PM me.

//Locked and Moved to Archive

• Dziada locked this topic

Archived