Turn "Truckersmp" into a payed service

[GR] Τρεχαντήρι

Have I lost my mind? Have I gone crazy? No.

I am a new user. All I want, is to be able to drive around people who exercise common logic.

The other day I overtook a truck without trailer (I did it by the book) but the guy rammed me a bit later for no apparent reason. I ended up repairing my truck, trashing the cargo, and gaining neither experience points nor money...

I guess the guy who rammed me thought the server belonged to him... (His name tag was this: ??????)

I don't want to commit resources to continuously record video. I'm tired of children and/or trolls who use this service in order to spend their worthless (and waste our precious) time.

Please consider turning this into a payed service so that we will be able to keep unwanted people out. Think of it as a nightclub that has a doorman who keeps problem-makers out.

I'm talking about a symbolic payment, say, 1 euro every month, through PayPal.

I believe that anyone who owns a gaming PC and games, but says they can't pay 1 euro a month, is a liar.

A PayPal payment will ensure both anonymity for the user and the ability for the server admins to ban idiots for good...

Please, please make it a payed service.

Did those kids get the game for free? No.

TruckersMP is a mod, if they switch to pay service, will they violate some rules or laws? Yes. (keep in mind, ETS2 itself is not a multiplayer game)

I understand what you feel but the game is already not free, so just paying money for the game and then for multiplayer sounds pretty bad.
It's the same as in real life, you buy your car, then you pay money for petrol but then you don't pay just for driving. Asking the government to make driving paid just because some people don't know how to drive is silly.

People pay rediculous prices for Xbox Live and they troll on there. (And the Xbox Live community isn't very..good)

Making this a paid service would do nothing but cost people money.

TMP can't technically make it a paid service anyways, as they can't be making money from SCS's games (unless they have permission from SCS), legally.

Also, anyone that has a gaming computer can't afford stuff like that, because they spent it on a gaming computer, or DLC to support SCS and get new content. Some people have to take out loans to get a gaming computer.

If you don't want to spend your time to report people...then don't.

Well, to give my word in this topic, I would like to say that TruckersMP does appreciate people giving donations because donations are is what allows developers to make appropriate use of funds to help make improvements in the modification in the future. 

However, I don't agree from my point of view with people having to pay a sum of money because to be fair, there should be an equal level of access to the servers for everybody without having to pay extra beyond the ETS2 game - the only thing that users should pay for is for the ETS2 game in itself.

Covering one of your points about ramming and reckless driving, asking people to pay is not going to help in my opinion because of the low cost that would be required to enter the servers, most people could reasonably cover the fees to access the servers as the cost for ETS2 is quite low, therefore we would still see the rammers and reckless drivers in-game. 

We are doing our best to catch the guys trying to make wrong, but we can't be everywhere all at once.

Personally I don’t think that this should become a paid service because that takes away from the idea of a “free” multiplayer mod and for TruckersMP that means losing members, some of which may drive sensibly but can’t afford an amount a month. The root of the problem is more the fact that although admins do their best and ban people who are trolling, they don’t currently use an IP ban system which means that the trolls can just create a new account and start playing/trolling within an hour of a ban.

4 minutes ago, Gnl_Hugh122 said:

Personally I don’t think that this should become a paid service because that takes away from the idea of a “free” multiplayer mod and for TruckersMP that means losing members, some of which may drive sensibly but can’t afford an amount a month. The root of the problem is more the fact that although admins do their best and ban people who are trolling, they don’t currently use an IP ban system which means that the trolls can just create a new account and start playing/trolling within an hour of a ban.

IP bans wouldn't help because most ISP's use dynamically allotted IP addresses, so realistically wouldn't stop anyone, and can possibly affect someone else. Plus, there are so many ways to get past an IP ban that it would never be effective. (VPN's, mostly)

@S p a r k i e I get where you are coming from and I understand that they aren’t 100% effective and you can use VPN’s to get around them, on the other hand a large number of the trolls aren’t clever enough to know how to get around such a block. Also to use a VPN for trolling all the time on MP would cost a lot of money as most companies have very small data limits, you can get more for free (I get around 15 GB free) but like a said most of the trolls aren’t very clever or are just little children who can’t afford anything to get around an IP ban.

I understand why you say this my friend but you basically answer your own question and make your so called solution into just the same effect?

"I'm talking about a symbolic payment, say, 1 euro every month, through PayPal."

But yet you mention this

I believe that anyone who owns a gaming PC and games , but says they can't pay 1 euro a month, is a liar.

So basically anyone can still play, since you mention they have to pay but everyone can afford 1 euro anyway? What is the point of paying?

Conclusion? Trolls will remain. Making people pay is not the solution. A good thing would be to have a minimum of hours on the account or have more frequent account checks.

Well your Idea isn't bad but so many players have fun on TMP but don't want to pay 'cause they can have in SP also such fun.

So i would have the idea to create a 'Whitelist' Server, so there just play players who for example have no bans in the last year or stg.
Or the Admin Team has to scan every player if they get whitelisted or not, but my first idea is a lot easier i think...

But let's look what will happen, because i think the Admin Team  knows the problem :)

Greetings

ETS 2 Trucker since: November 2, 2012

TMP Trucker since: December 13, 2014
TMP-Forums Member since: February 6, 2016
TMP Staff since: January 24, 2019

909352999_role_RetiredTeamMember.png.778

76561198117916779.pngAddFriend.png

https://twitch.tv/robin_tmp

A dollar is not a hurdle for a troller. Way more effective would be take the playtime for entering a bit higher. But there is also another problem. A lot of players buy ETS2 for the multiplayer and also a good driver from the beginning. When they have to play about 20 hours they maybe lose their desire for trucking. Also troller let the game open over a day and they can join the multiplayer. It´s a difficult topic.

But on the other hand, for example me: I´m playing a lot of Multiplayer (about 1000 hours) and it´s really rare for me to load a quicksave or have heavy damage. I avoid areas like Calais and Duisburg and predictive driving is a good helper. Recognizing a player's intent in good time can avoid many accidents. Everyone should take a little more consideration for other players, then there are fewer accidents.

As said above, I don't think that TruckersMP should be a paid service because you have to pay for the game itself plus DLCs already. I'm not sure what is the point of paying - I doubt it would stop trolls since rule troll=small kid with no money is not true at all times. Another thing would be that this step may disgust some players since they would see TruckersMP as another company which is requesting money (even tho it would be understandable since Multiplayer was the best idea). 

Overall I see what other people mean and I accept their opinion but I'll still stand with the group which says that you should not pay for MP.  

Interestingly, I recently had a conversation with a friend about "pay to play" games (such as Fortnite, BO4 etc.). Thing is that it doesn't make any difference whatsoever, 'cause if you want to "cut off" misbehaving players / trolls, this really is a path you don't want to follow. As these players will eventually pay again for the service. Take it with a grain of salt tho; I'm not an economist :P

Buffeting... BUFFETING!

Most of them buy the game again once permanently banned and just use another account, unfortunately this will make long serving players unhappy and the mod will not be as fun to play. I understand your frustration but it is something you have to deal with, I would recommend going on scenic drives in the map DLCs because you’re much less likely to meet trolls.

Hello , i totally understand  your anger to those who troll the game.But i believe that ban system right now is doing its job , i generally use web reports and i got good results from it , people cant do the same mistake ever and ever again because there is perman ban.Trust the power of web reports my friend :)

I don’t know if “unwanted people” is the proper description. I do agree with what your saying, but they’d lose a majority of their player base. I agree and don’t agree. 

Regards

Jacob

Dedicated Trucker

76561198261703496.png

Archived