Recap: #AskTMP | Q&A stream with HR team

Matt

#AskTMP | Q&A stream with HR team

On Wednesday 21st November, TruckersMP did a stream featuring Prime (Community Manager), Nathan (Human Resources), Sgt. Tailor (Media Manager). In this stream the three staff members went on a drive and answered some questions from the YouTube chat. In this forum post, I’m going to condense 1 hour and 30 minutes into this post. Hope you enjoy :)

HR Team Questions

Q: Are there going to be any recruitment exemptions again like before? Eg. You're not 17 but you can be accepted?

A: Nathan responded “Yes, you will have to be 16 or plus to apply.” Prime added that there is some “legal requirements linked into that” (assumedly GDPR). Later on they touched on this that there are certain documents that you have to sign to join the team that require you to be 16 or older.

Q: So what is HR and what do they do?

A: Nathan responded: “Mainly we deal with recruitment and staff issues internally, whether that’s any issues, any disciplinaries. If you need any help with recruitment, you would come to HR. But HR don’t deal with bans so don’t come to them regarding bans.”

Q: Can HR team ban?

A: Nathan answered: Yes, HR Team can ban users.

Q: What’s the process of recruitment?

A: Nathan answered “Obviously you apply and we go through all of the applications and look for the people who we think would be a good fit in the team and then we ask you to come for a small interview then we see where it goes from there. You may be invited to the team or you may be put on a waiting list to be invited later. Being on a waiting list doesn’t mean you’ll be accepted into the team.”

Q: Are most admins under the age of 16?

A: Nathan answered “No, they are not”

Q: Do you have any tips on people who are/thinking about applying for staff?

A: Nathan answered “Just be honest. It’s very important, just tell us people as it’s very important.” Prime added “Elaborate on every answer you give, put dedication into your application - it shows that you are willing to do the app. It always looks better. Not only in TMP but in life.”

Q: How did opening the recruitments go?

A: Nathan answered “It was fine opening the recruitments this time, the recruitment is more streamlines so it should be easier for people to apply. If people were declined before then yes, they can re apply.” Prime added: “People need to take into consideration there was a reason why an application is declined.”

Q: Are you guys planned any new things with HR in the future?

A: Nathan answered: “Nothing new specifically, but we will do more Q&A’s but nothing new.”

Q: How much PR will the HR team be doing within the community?

A: Nathan answered: “The most PR thing we do is staff changes” Prime added: “A majority of recruitments is pushed by Community Managers”

TMP Questions

Q: How much progress has been made from the results and promises made in the satisfaction survey results?

A: Prime answered “We have made quite a lot of progress. We are working together better. I’m (Prime) is setting up the new survey because the goal is to do it every quarter” This means that there will be a new survey every 3 months for the community input.

Q: So these new changes from the survey, have most of these been internal changes?

A: Prime answered “Some of them have been external such as the way of working some teams but a large part of internal changes that have happened and that are happening. For example the simulation server requires rule revision and other stuff. All these things need to be reviewed. Another part is that in the last survey a lot of people commented on recruitment’s taking too long and the result of that is a new HR team.”

Q: Will 1.33 beta be supported?

A: Prime answered: “As you may know, TruckersMP doesn’t support beta versions. This is because it takes too much work to support every update that will come out during beta”.

Q: What’s TruckersMP main coding language?

A: Prime couldn’t answer this question as he is not related to anything development wise.

Q: AI and Multiplayer? What’s happening?

A: Nathan responded “We can’t really answer that as it’s in development and we don’t really have any information about it.” Prime added “Simple answer is: we are still working on it but there’s still a lot of work to be done”

Q: What country is the server?

A: Prime answered: depends on the server really, one of our main servers are located in France. (All the EU servers are based in france)

Q: What’s happening with Snow Mod?

A: Prime answered: “Guys who were here last year may know that it was a pretty big job to get everything distributed and we got lucky because (some hosting company, i couldn’t make it out) gave us a server that could handle the load, the network guys are looking into solutions that could handle it this year.”

Q: When will winter mod be activated?

A: Nathan answered “No idea”, Sgt. Tailor added “Let’s wait for some snow to fall across the world”

Q: More information on November 24th Convoy?

A: Prime answered: “Public Convoy, anyone is free to join. Event Server will be set up for it. More information is on the blog and forum.”

Q: Why are TruckersMP streaming on YouTube?

A: Prime answered: “It is useful for these type of videos, like Q&A’s, as it produces a instant Video On Demand unless we disable it.”

Q: What do you feel is the best thing for working at TMP?

A: Nathan answered “Helping people out, I love being part of the community”.

Q: What is your best moment in TruckersMP?

A: Prime answered “Working with TruckersFM on last years event”. Nathan agreed and answered “I don’t think I really have a stand out moment”.

Q: Is Special Transport allowed on TruckersMP?

A: Prime answered: “No, there are many reasons it’s not allowed on TruckersMP.” Nathan added “Mainly because of the weight and size which would cause chaos on the C-D road for example”. Also the vehicles that come with it.

Q: Will winter mod have winter physics?

A: Prime answered: “I don’t think it’s personally a good idea.” Nathan agreed and added “Maybe on it’s own server it’d be interesting.” Tailor also agreed that it’d be interesting.

Q: Is there going to be a paid version of TruckersMP?

A: Tailor answered: “I don’t think so, it’s all volunteer.” Prime added: “You can always donate but it’s not required.”

Q: Couldn’t trolls be reduced by having staggered servers? E.G. Less than 50 hours, 50-100 hours, 100-250 hours?

A: Prime answered: “The amount of time someone has in a game does not relate to their skill or their behaviour. Someone who has 1,000 hours in ETS2 can still be an idiot and act like a little kid but ramming everyone and doing stupid stuff”

Q: Are the new double trailers allowed in Scandinavia?

A: Prime answered: “They are allowed anywhere in the map except from the busy areas. These areas can be found on our forums and blog post.”

Q: How does TruckersMP make its money to host servers?

A: Prime answered: “We pay for our servers through donations and advertisements and some stream income as well.”

Q: Will you be adding any extra cars in addition to the scout car?

A: Prime answered: “At the moment, we don’t have plans to do so. Developing vehicles takes a whole lot of time.”

Q: Tailor, will there be any community hosted servers?

A: Tailor answered “I don’t know”. Nathan added “I don’t think there’s any plans”.

Other Questions

Q: Where are you guys (Nathan, Prime, Sgt. Tailor) from?

A: Prime is from Belgium, Sgt. Tailor is from United States and Nathan is from Wales in the United Kingdom.

Q: What’s happening with the Renault T?

A: We don’t know. That is coded by SCS and not TruckersMP.

Q: Prime, are you admin?

A: No, I’m not - I’m a Community Manager.

Q: What is your favourite colour?

A: Nathan answered Blue. Prime answered “a shade of blue”.

Q: What’s your favourite truck?

A: Prime’s favourite truck is the new generation Scania and the DAF Euro 6 and the new Mercedes. Sgt. Tailor’s favourite is the new generation Scania and new Mercedes, he also enjoys the DAF. Nathan likes the new generation Scania.

Q: What about a freightliner for ATS?

A: Prime answered: “That’s up to SCS Software, we won’t add a mod as we try to keep it vanilla as possible.”

Q: What do you guys think about the Volvo VNL?

A: Prime said: “I think it’s really nice”. Nathan has not driven it yet (shock horror) and neither has Tailor!

Q: What your favourite road to drive on?

A: Nathan said he likes to drive in Scandinavia but no certain roads

Q: Are vans or 4x4/pickups in thoughts for later updates?

A: Prime said you could make a suggestion on the forums about that and then maybe the add-on team can add it but at the moment nothing is planned for that.

Q: What about better physics such as potholes?

A: Prime said: “It’s best suggesting that to SCS to add to the base game.”

Q: Are you even allowed to make a mod for ETS2 and sell it?

A: Tailor said “Any mod is usually free but tips are usually given.”

Q: Do you guys plan to stream on Twitch still?

A: Tailor answered “We still plan to use the twitch channel, of course we wouldn’t just stop using it.” Prime added: “For some reason right now Twitch is incredibly unstable, like earlier today before the stream I saw on the twitter they were having issues”

That was all the questions, I really enjoyed finding out the answers to these questions and these seem very beneficial and I’m looking forward to the next Q&A.

yo

I was unable to tune in and watch the live stream. So being able to read a recap of said livestream is nice. Looks like a lot of work was put into this @MattTM thanks for sharing. :wub:

Q: Tailor, will there be any community hosted servers?

A: Tailor answered “I don’t know”. Nathan added “I don’t think there’s any plans”.

i'm the only one who find this weird ? maybe a typo xd 

Tailor ask and answer a question :lol:

Or were there 2 Tailors :ph34r:

Anyway it was interesting Q & R stream hopefully a new stream soontm

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there,

Because this topic has been inactive for 14 days I am going to close this topic to keep the forums organised. Topics are started very frequently on the forums, so we need to make sure that the more active topics remain open for discussion.

Thank you to everyone for your input!

If you wish to get your topic unlocked, don't hesitate to PM me.

//Locked and Moved to Archive

• Dziada locked this topic

Archived