Speed limit on the Calais/Duisburg route.

NOEcom

There's a problem here... I don't think that server-side speed limits can be applied to a specific road. And even if they can, let's not forget that the cars are nothing but a truck in disguise, so it would be impossible to have different speed limits for trucks and cars, it would need to be the same for both (I may be wrong about this but I don't think so).

Anyway, setting speed limits will always be a +1 from me, it's ridiculous to see those GTA fans driving their trucks at 150 Km/h on 70-80 Km/h limited roads. Not just on the C-D, a global speed limiter of 90 Km/h (and of course, 50 or 60 Km/h inside cities) would have also my +1.

• Like 1

@FernandoCR [ESP]I guess i'm ridiculous then IYO because i drive flat out where possible on the CD Road etc, but unlike most slow down with the traffic instead of plowing through everyone like a bull in a china shop with " Sorry " as the excuse when you know they are far from sorry! Why you don't play on eu1 i don't know as it has everything you just said +1 to ( Not having a dig at you, jut a bit of humour added while making a point ) 

@ScaniaFan89 For several months, I've been playing in no servers... Last time I played, it was for the SCS event and did all of it in SP after seeing what was happening at the delivery points in MP. For months before that, I did play in EU#1 mostly, but since I like the long jobs, it was boring to drive for hours seeing no one. As for the C-D road, I can't even remember when was the last time I went near it. And about my statement: "it's ridiculous to see those GTA fans driving their trucks at 150 Km/h on 70-80 Km/h limited roads." it seems to me that you, like most of other players, have forgotten what the game is about. Truck Simulator. Driving trucks at 150 Km/h has nothing to do with simulation and a lot to do with racing or GTA "emulation". Sorry if I offended you (and I'm being honest here, not like those who say "sorry" at least once every minute in MP-EU#2), but I stopped playing MP because most of the time, instead of having a relaxed gaming time, I could only have a boring ghost-world-driving experience (EU#1) or a completely annoying "try to survive the idiots on the road" experience (EU#2). And I'm pretty sure that nobody gives a ****.

9 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

@ScaniaFan89 For several months, I've been playing in no servers... Last time I played, it was for the SCS event and did all of it in SP after seeing what was happening at the delivery points in MP. For months before that, I did play in EU#1 mostly, but since I like the long jobs, it was boring to drive for hours seeing no one. As for the C-D road, I can't even remember when was the last time I went near it. And about my statement: "it's ridiculous to see those GTA fans driving their trucks at 150 Km/h on 70-80 Km/h limited roads." it seems to me that you, like most of other players, have forgotten what the game is about. Truck Simulator. Driving trucks at 150 Km/h has nothing to do with simulation and a lot to do with racing or GTA "emulation". Sorry if I offended you (and I'm being honest here, not like those who say "sorry" at least once every minute in MP-EU#2), but I stopped playing MP because most of the time, instead of having a relaxed gaming time, I could only have a boring ghost-world-driving experience (EU#1) or a completely annoying "try to survive the idiots on the road" experience (EU#2). And I'm pretty sure that nobody gives a ****.

Thats kinda why people do drive fast though, irl your governed to 56 Mp/h or less if its a Bus! I dont see sped as a problem if you set your braking to max & know when not to drive flat out as i said....in fact i have a feeling that speed isnt accurate in game anyway because you get to a point where it doesnt feel like your going any faster but you are still accelerating ( around 70 Mp/h or so is where it seems to level out now ). I think the maximum speed is intended to cut off around 120mph as with the car sound stopped at that point ( the rpm would be off the clock in a truck at that speed, 80 Mp/h is burying the needle ).

Its a real thing, this is a Dennis Dart dashboard & you can see the MPH goes to 80 yet they are limited to 50.....I mean they could go there but with only 4 gears they would be screaming & rather scary as a passenger 7166508964_9ea04ae7c8_b.jpg

To be fair, it’s not necessarily speed that’s the main factor in accidents, in fact, what I’ve witnessed and studied is that the slower you go on C-D the more likely you are to be rammed or end up flipped on your side.

Its all to do with the fact that people who drive C-D see a slow moving vehicle, get impatient and so floor it and just go for a overtake, regardless of whether there’s oncoming traffic or a tight turn coming up, resulting in someone ending up flipped or up and embankment. Hell I’ve been driving at exactly 70MPH on the straights and still been passed as if I’m doing 30, what’s even worse is those people,who don’t overtake but keep flashing their lights and blowing their horn and shouting in chat at you to go faster.

C-D is just a toxic places sometimes and no matter what speed limits are I forced, there will be accidents still, many road blocks still and the situation won’t change, especially with people not paying attention and being impatient, it’s always going to be the same until SCS decide to renovate the road and make it a dual carriageway or something.

7 minutes ago, megadethsteve666 said:

To be fair, it’s not necessarily speed that’s the main factor in accidents, in fact, what I’ve witnessed and studied is that the slower you go on C-D the more likely you are to be rammed or end up flipped on your side.

Its all to do with the fact that people who drive C-D see a slow moving vehicle, get impatient and so floor it and just go for a overtake, regardless of whether there’s oncoming traffic or a tight turn coming up, resulting in someone ending up flipped or up and embankment. Hell I’ve been driving at exactly 70MPH on the straights and still been passed as if I’m doing 30, what’s even worse is those people,who don’t overtake but keep flashing their lights and blowing their horn and shouting in chat at you to go faster.

C-D is just a toxic places sometimes and no matter what speed limits are I forced, there will be accidents still, many road blocks still and the situation won’t change, especially with people not paying attention and being impatient, it’s always going to be the same until SCS decide to renovate the road and make it a dual carriageway or something.

I'm that kind of person, who doesn't drive faster than 90kmh - even on C-D road and I could also notice that a lot of accidents happen because impatient people overtake at places with bad visibility. But I think that a speed limit would help. Some people would not even try to overtake, because they knew that their truck is limited at 100kmh (for example) and of course it wouldn't pay off to overtake. It would just last too long. If someone's flashing their high beam to make me drive faster - I don't give a :-) 

• True Story 1

5 hours ago, Jemo said:

I'm that kind of person, who doesn't drive faster than 90kmh - even on C-D road and I could also notice that a lot of accidents happen because impatient people overtake at places with bad visibility. But I think that a speed limit would help. Some people would not even try to overtake, because they knew that their truck is limited at 100kmh (for example) and of course it wouldn't pay off to overtake. It would just last too long. If someone's flashing their high beam to make me drive faster - I don't give a :-) 

The thing is, it’s a case of the minority spoiling it for the majority. I mean, yes a speed limit might help, or it might just make those impatient people ram others or because of forced limits, it takes just 1 person trying to overtake and not back off to cause a pile up. 

I just think that the best solution is to make poor overtaking and rules on overtaking more defined and stricter to combat the issue, speed limits just mean more traffic bunched up making them a perfect target for trolls and hackers.

• 4 months later...