Speed limit on the Calais/Duisburg route.

NOEcom

Suggestion Description:  A speed restriction to 70-90 on the popular Calais/Duisburg route

Any example images: 

Why should it be added?: The route is only one lane for each direction making overtaking and getting around dangerous. Do too many peoples bad FPS or excessive speeds they have no time to react to a collision ahead which is especially difficult while driving 130 on this route...  A speed restriction would reduce secondary collisions as well as keep the follow of traffic much easier to manage. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 14
  • Confused 2

• 3 months later...

Honestly I do not think this is a bad idea. It is especially not a highway to start with. Driving 120 is a complete no-go. It is the bussiest road with many accidents. Most of the time these accidents are related to speeding. 

Thank you for the suggestion, +1 from me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think this is pointless. The reason why people drive on the C-D is MOST people want to try to be in accident zones/popular zones and see bad stuff happen and you tubers with their failure videos use C-D a lot. If this was added less accidents will happen and then the Youtubers will move their montages elsewhere and everyone is going to train right behind them. If I remember correctly this similarly happened when Rotterdam port became less popular and you tubers moved elsewhere and everybody followed them to C-D.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

From what I saw the issue isnt in the speed. I believe the issue is in the fact that people create accidents on purpose and dont f7 quickly,then other users are coming but they cant pass since there is an accident. This is what creates the traffic jam. Imma still +1 this cuz you dont drive 150 on coutryside road xD

Would just restrict it to how the speed limits are ingame on that route because it changes throughout the route. The speed might not be the primary cause all of the time but from my experience it is a factor most of the times and leads to the accident growing as people often times can’t break in time when driving a 150 in a 60...

+1  it's a great idea that this is the busiest route in the game and I think it would be good to have a speed limit of at least 90km / h which in my opinion would reduce the incidents but would not stop them but it is still a good start people to drive safely on this destination

Поздрави : Wub:

Нощно желание

On 5/10/2019 at 4:59 PM, iNadeox said:

If you don't like driving there cause of the dangers and such, then drive somewhere else. 

This forum isn’t about what you personally like. It’s about suggestions that you think would improve the experience. But thanks for your "input".

From a real world perspective, areas with high traffic volume and a high number of accidents will sooner or later be radar controlled and speed limited.

I think that a speed limitation of the route between Duisburg and Calais will increase road traffic safety by decreasing the  number of incidents caused by reckless drivers (overtaking, speeding, etc.).
However, I would prefer to see it limited to the speed suggested in the GPS map which is 60 km/h or 80 km/h.

Big +1 from me!

The limit should be the one for the road +- 5km/h. Also, during "Rush hour" There should be more police presence in all servers, especially N2.

Limitation on traffic is also a possibility by forcing people buy the french map. 

P.S.: I don't really care, because I avoid the rout like the Plague. I do have all the maps and the game is certainly much fun that way. 

+1

90-100kmh Speedlimit for trucks, 120 for cars. 

A lot of accidents happen, because some people decide to overtake although they see a road bend coming and few seconds later they meet with another truck coming from the opposite direction -_- I think a speedlimit would stop them from doing stupid things. If not - there are always some moderators in game, who can help ;)

I also think that the speed limit of 150 on highways is way too high... it should be maximally 120 - but this is not a topic about it :P

I feel like the DLC regions of the map are empty because of the C-D road. If there was a speed limit on the C-D road, there would be less trolls and less players who drive there "just to see some accidents" and they would maybe explore the rest of the map. I see it as a big problem on TruckersMP, because lots of DLC regions are empty. If you took 50% of the players who are at the moment on the C-D road, and you would throw them anywhere on the map, I think the game would then feel more alive as it is right now :)

• True Story 1