Hot topic #8: 1.33 beta and release

Prime

1.33 I recon is gonna be a big positive change for the game mainly starting with the truck physics as being a player who uses a steering wheel (Logitech G27) the physics are important to make the game seem realistic and much more enjoyable. The rain overhaul is something I have been wanting to see for years it may be a small detail, but not seeing the rain slide of the windscreen when it is wiped has always been something that has slightly annoyed me. The addition of the rest of the trailers being buy able has been something I wanted a lot since I saw how limited the trailer selection was from 1.32. The rest of the small features are also going to be great additions to the game. Can't wait for SCS to release this update.

P.S. Gonna be buying the Baltic Sea DLC the first minute it releases

I haven't tried the 1.33 Beta yet, but I saw already many cool things. Especially I like the huge number of 13,000+ kilometers, the new HCT trailer for Finland or the Border to Russia, but I'm a little bit worried about the new Physics because since the 1.32 you can flippover so fast. Nevertheless SCS is doing a great Job there, High Quality Content to a fair price. I'm looking forward to the next epic Map DLC.

The Steam-Cloud profile will make it a lot easier for me, since I'm often switching places. Previously I always had to upload the profile into a cloud and download it from there to another pc, but now, the Steam Cloud feature will make it a lot easier for me!

The new rain physics are great! I'm really looking forward to new the trailers and Beyond the Baltic Sea DLC! However, I'm a bit disappointed that there aren't any ownable Schwarzmüller Trailers yet.

please please fix this in your new update the truck drawing distance to be increased from 150m to 220m which would avoid crashes not only that the drawing distance does not work sometimes it only draws players in at only 10m by then its too late expecally when your doing 60 mph on the c-d. its happened to me 3 times today and i am getting really annoyed with it so how about fixing the simple stuff first like server lag issues and drawing distance issues before updating and also updating the server not to allow thoes who use the NCZ hack to connect and and spoil it for others. 

you wanted a view from a real player there you go you got one 

iou.PNG

The new trailer options for flatbeds are great and the new 1 axle cute baby trailer is great too ^_^:wub:

I was so worried about the physics for 1.33 so decided to go and see what they are like by going for a trip on C-D in EU4 at 150km/h

Went in the same truck + trailer I went in earlier to test out the physics and no where near as bad as I thought, you can still go 93mph without any problems most of the time, are a few corners you cannot go as fast around now tho, the one area on C-D that is going to be a huge issue tho is this intersection, I went 150km/h there and due to the bump or whatever is there totally lost control so this is one place where you can no longer go at high speeds over, going to be alot of crashes there

CK989uH.pngeBu3CyJ.png

I don't like the bounces in the truck, especially when you go over small bumps, its very annoying

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

16 hours ago, Allan [Tango TR Owner] said:

please please fix this in your new update the truck drawing distance to be increased from 150m to 220m which would avoid crashes not only that the drawing distance does not work sometimes it only draws players in at only 10m by then its too late expecally when your doing 60 mph on the c-d. its happened to me 3 times today and i am getting really annoyed with it so how about fixing the simple stuff first like server lag issues and drawing distance issues before updating and also updating the server not to allow thoes who use the NCZ hack to connect and and spoil it for others. 

you wanted a view from a real player there you go you got one 

When trucks appear too late for you, it's probably the fault of your internet not being able to load all accessories of the truck and trailer before you're passing the truck. You can change in the TruckersMP settings that for example Cabin accessories or player models will not be rendered/loaded, which could solve your problem of players appearing too late.

And if TruckersMP could just a release a fix for NCZ hacks, then they probanly would've already done it ;) It's more complex than you think.

And keep in mind: ETS2 Betas (like the 1.33 beta) have nothing to do with TruckersMP, those two completely different teams.

~ MrJonton01

^

It all depends on amount of players in area, even if you have the best internet and pc, it will still render them close depending on how many players there are.
So if there is like 4 trucks near it will do max distance but if there is like 40+ it will render them closer to help with stability of loading trucks. Odd i know.

Unfortunately there's no way to toggle this or prevent it doing that.

cmgeow.pngbanner

7 hours ago, MrJonton01 [GER] said:

When trucks appear too late for you, it's probably the fault of your internet not being able to load all accessories of the truck and trailer before you're passing the truck. You can change in the TruckersMP settings that for example Cabin accessories or player models will not be rendered/loaded, which could solve your problem of players appearing too late.

And if TruckersMP could just a release a fix for NCZ hacks, then they probanly would've already done it ;) It's more complex than you think.

And keep in mind: ETS2 Betas (like the 1.33 beta) have nothing to do with TruckersMP, those two completely different teams.

~ MrJonton01

my internet is very good thanks and the specs of my is i way above the minimun requirements as you can see my internet speed below 

iou.PNG

having fun with the 1 axle trailers now. the new physics seem promising so far (my scania seems a bit bouncier now, this will probably encourage people to slow down on tighter turns).
the new rain looks gorgeous
the added g_disable_beacons command is excellent especially in highly populated areas

the only thing possibly negative thing i can say is, and idk if its just me, but a decrease in FPS? i'm noticing i'm dropping down to 30-20 fps in semi-populated areas much quicker than before, and highway driving can cause minor frame drop issues when a few trucks load in. it definitely isn't my PC as i'm running an i7-8700k with a GTX 1080 and 16gb of ram, i know 32 would be helpful but my FPS wasn't like this before the update. not unplayable, but i definitely notice a difference