Hot topic #8: 1.33 beta and release

Prime

1 hour ago, McDodge34 [FR QC] said:

I can relate to the FPS drops, and can confirm its strictly linked to TruckersMP, I played 1.33 single player for 2 days yet and didn't have any FPS drops before MP was compatible. Now even 2-3 trucks in a city and I go down to 34-40fps max.

yeah i noticed in areas with even 4 trucks, my fps is dropping way below what it should be. glad it isnt just me

12 hours ago, stubbs203 said:

having fun with the 1 axle trailers now. the new physics seem promising so far (my scania seems a bit bouncier now, this will probably encourage people to slow down on tighter turns).
the new rain looks gorgeous
the added g_disable_beacons command is excellent especially in highly populated areas

the only thing possibly negative thing i can say is, and idk if its just me, but a decrease in FPS? i'm noticing i'm dropping down to 30-20 fps in semi-populated areas much quicker than before, and highway driving can cause minor frame drop issues when a few trucks load in. it definitely isn't my PC as i'm running an i7-8700k with a GTX 1080 and 16gb of ram, i know 32 would be helpful but my FPS wasn't like this before the update. not unplayable, but i definitely notice a difference

I think FPS issues in MP are unavoidable.

The more content you get in the game, the more combinations are possible for trucks and trailers.

And of course they must all be loaded.

Do you have TruckersMP and your game on a SSD or an HDD?

(Oh and btw, 32 GB for Gaming would be completely overkill and would give you, if any, only minor performance improvements ;) )

~ MrJonton01

1 hour ago, MrJonton01 [GER] said:

I think FPS issues in MP are unavoidable.

The more content you get in the game, the more combinations are possible for trucks and trailers.

And of course they must all be loaded.

Do you have TruckersMP and your game on a SSD or an HDD?

(Oh and btw, 32 GB for Gaming would be completely overkill and would give you, if any, only minor performance improvements ;) )

~ MrJonton01

SSD, i'm nearly positive there's things that can be done for optimization though. my FPS was nowhere near what it was now before the update, I know people with 1050 TI's that are getting better framerate than my 1080. i also do audio rendering and music production, so 32 GB has been on my checklist for a while lol

I don't really think it was that great of an update. The physics changes aren't that noticeable except braking a little bit. The new rain is alright. Steam cloud is cool but I can just easily download a high money profile. I think what really would have been good for this update is the rest of Germany being reworked. Baltic DLC which came along with this update is really the only significant thing in this update.

• Prime locked this topic