AI vehicles in ETS2MP

CptJacker

AI cars  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Should AI cars added to the ETS2MP ?

• Yes
    • No

6 minutes ago, ellZiF said:

I feel like if it is introduced, it will be on the simulation server which would definitely step up the experience quite a bit. On that note, I don't know how the cars will work in relation to ping. I'm from the Southwest in the US and get on average 150ms to the EU servers. I'm just worried the cars would desync a bit on my end and make it less realistic.

Your ping mainly depends on your internet connection. Ping does not depend on the speed of the Internet itself. ping depends on your distance to the server. In the case of any multiplayer, ping cannot be static. And ping below 200 is considered normal.

You will lag if your ping is 500ms or there will be sharp increases, for example, from 150ms to 1000ms

2 minutes ago, [IMPERIAL] ALCRY08 said:

Your ping mainly depends on your internet connection. Ping does not depend on the speed of the Internet itself. In the case of any multiplayer, ping cannot be static. And ping below 200 is considered normal.

You will lag if your ping is 500ms or there will be sharp increases, for example, from 150ms to 1000ms

Yeah, my ping rarely fluctuates above 200. In general I have a good experience on the EU servers but hope that the cars can be integrated in a way that ping won't affect their behavior from player to player.

1 minute ago, ellZiF said:

Yeah, my ping rarely fluctuates above 200. In general I have a good experience on the EU servers but hope that the cars can be integrated in a way that ping won't affect their behavior from player to player.

Ping will only affect your smooth movement. If you have more than 200ms ping, then you will go intermittently, as if by frames

Hello!

AI cars should come to MP. Because there are few players in some places. If the AI cars arrive, there will be no empty road, a more enjoyable journey.

Don't try to be different. just be good. To be good is different enough.

Saygılarımla              - Best regards       

-Silent Death_53        - Silent Death_53             

TruckersMP

In my honest opinion, I would have to vote No.

Mainly because I think the amount of players on the road now that disobey rules and drive on the wrong side of the road, AI vehicles would make that problem rapidly increase and would cause a lot of congestion especially on the Calais-Duisburg road. Also I think a lot of lag would also be produced for players by not only having to load in what other live MP players are doing but also having to load in all the AI vehicles. Personally I think it would cause problem after problem after problem. 

I feel like this is a good idea but making it real is going to be hell on earth. Many accidents will happen. I would first get a test out to see what the effects are before rolling it out to everyone.

I can only see this working in a separate new server with a very low number of "live" players allowed. It wouldn't work in EU#1, because this server is quite civilized right now, but implementing AI traffic would attract lots of "not so civilized" players from other servers, turning it into a new "troll paradise". And setting up a new server with very low capacity for players would only bring hundreds of complaints from people who can't join, so my vote is NO.

I believe that it would be a great add-on, but as some people have said already some areas are heavily congested such as Calais, Duisburg etc so it will be just chaotic really. It would be really nice for a different server or if they could find a way where no AI can go in busy cities just motorways, overall would be really nice to have. It gives it more reality to the game :)

On an individual server, along with a deterrent to misbehave, I would like to see AI added into TMP, however, I don't believe that everyone would behave around them and trolls could possibly abuse them and cause traffic jams. Ultimately, I am a no, but with more severe punishments or another deterrent to prevent abuse with the AI, I will happily change to a yes. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived