Bullied for having a slower truck than others

dragonslayingmaster1000

I use engines that are mostly below 600 hp (for realism purposes) and pretty much everyone else uses the 750 hp engine and because of this I get cut off a lot because almost everyone overtakes me and it's very frustrating. This makes me barely want to play multiplayer now except for the public events they host because multiplayer really isn't much fun to me anymore.

Also I'm not going to bother reporting people, it's a pain in the *** to report 20+ people a day when you can't even put it all in one report.

4 minutes ago, dragonslayingmaster1000 said:

I use engines that are mostly below 600 hp (for realism purposes) and pretty much everyone else uses the 750 hp engine and because of this I get cut off a lot because almost everyone overtakes me and it's very frustrating. This makes me barely want to play multiplayer now except for the public events they host because multiplayer really isn't much fun to me anymore.

Inadequate players will come to you in any case, no matter how fast you move. It is better to go slower than go more than 120 km / h. Even if you constantly go 140-150 km / h, you will still be cut. Changing your driving style due to inadequate players does not make sense

Hello, 

I deeply understand your frustration. There's not really a rule for speeding therefore, others will abuse that and drive as fast as they want and anyone  that gets in their way, they will be mad. Although, you have the right to use any engine in the game.  :(

If you see anyone overtaking you recklessly, you do have that option to report them. 

Stay happy and safe

I get what you mean there, I normally drive in the trucks with lower powered engines (Daf and Mercedes) but as you say getting cut up really is a pain as you have to shift through all of your gears again. The other thing is that people brake harshly in-front of you and your braking intensity isn't turned up so you can't stop in time, and then they get annoyed at you. The other real problem is on hills when people decide to stop and then turn, forcing you to stop and start over again. As much as it is annoying it is still better than the AI at some points, it's just nice to see other real people playing. The best thing I do is play on EU3 where there are less drivers and fewer speed breakers, or even EU1 which has the speed limiter on the server at 90 KM/H.  

My truck is a Scania S580 and the difference in acceleration between it and a Scania S730 is definitely noticeable; however, I've rarely been cut off so maybe it depends on where you drive?

41 minutes ago, dragonslayingmaster1000 said:

I remember when me and my silver DAF went up the hill in Norway and rolled down the hill(Evil manual) i actualy thought me and my silver slow bullet DAF went up the hill but nahh.....Moody #### went down the hill, taking me with him:troll:

I really wouldn't consider being cut off an act of "bullying". You're driving slower than the rest of traffic, people will over take of they want to, some drivers will cut you off and some drivers won't, just like real life.

Just as long as they don't purposely run into you or call you names in chat for driving slow let them play the game, otherwise report them and move on.

Hey, why don't you (we) try the following:

Everyone who wants to play simulator like goes to EU1. In the beginning there may only be a few players, but if all of those who play sim like do that, then there will be more players and it will be more attractive overall.

"Just because others break rules, does not grant you the permission to break the rules as well"

Please drive respectful on the servers. Thank you!

I usually drive on the EU#2 server. I never drive faster than 80kph on highways and I follow all local in-game speed restrictions, for the sake of realism.
I do not see the necessity to switch to another server. As a matter of fact, it is the business of the EU#2 server that makes road traffic more realistic.

So if anybody feels the need to drive faster than me, he/ she is perfectly entitled to do so.
But I will not tolerate any form of reckless driving or any other violation of the rules in that I get involved innocently.
Smile for the camera! :D

4 hours ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

I usually drive on the EU#2 server. I never drive faster than 80kph on highways and I follow all local in-game speed restrictions, for the sake of realism.
I do not see the necessity to switch to another server. As a matter of fact, it is the business of the EU#2 server that makes road traffic more realistic.

So if anybody feels the need to drive faster than me, he/ she is perfectly entitled to do so.
But I will not tolerate any form of reckless driving or any other violation of the rules in that I get involved innocently.
Smile for the camera! :D

I stick my limiter on purpose and cruise along at 56 while i have everyone else wizzing past going over 100 mph to then seeing them flipped over in a ditch. Always gives me a laugh that does. Oh and when I'm on single roads im doing 50mph with others taking over me at 100mph with them smashing into other drivers because they can't wait 5 seconds for a gap because i'm going 50mph. I just find it funny.

image.png.a8bbd4ab28b2c597a04547b8e4bd7e48.png

Prime Logistics - Driver (Apprentice)

spacer.png

If I were you, I wouldn't really care to be fair. Why? Well, what are you doing wrong?

If your truck is slower than the average trucks you would see, the other trucks should only respect that. They can always complain but at the end of the day it is your decision. A good tip, just give them space to pass if possible.

If they shout "report report! admen ban!" ... just ignore it. If you drive the normal speed and don't block anyone you are fine. This is a simulator game and not a race game afterall.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear @dragonslayingmaster1000

Because this topic has been inactive for 14 days I am going to close this topic to keep the forums organised. Topics are started very frequently on the forums, so we need to make sure that the more active topics remain open for community.

If you have any question, don't be afraid to PM me :=)

// Locked and Moved to Archive.

Y6JLoj.png.1482f0bf87625eca4c05028e655c74c1.png

Archived