Police Tickets

MadSmea

So... I'm sitting here talking to my friend and got to thinking "what if TMP Admins could give warning tickets as well as bans?".

If you get seen doing something you shouldn't by a TMP Admin that is not a ban-able offence, they should give you a warning ticket on your TMP profile.

Now I know that it would cause a lot more work for the TMP team, so this is more of a "what if" not a suggestion.

What do you think? I look forward to the comments.

Madsmea

UTL C.E.O

I don't know if it already got suggested in the past, but I also thought about this multiple times. Something like, we can give you a ticket/warning on the profile that is viewable for others and after a number of warnings, you will get a punishment. Would be a nice system in my opinion, but honestly, I don't know how much work this would be for the whole team. Still an interesting idea!

Currently, those "warning tickets" are called kicks. Someone is seen doing something against the rules, but not as bad as to deserve a ban. Usually, the GM will kick that player. It would be nice, though, that these kicks were "cumulative" somehow, so if a player receives a number of kicks in a certain period of time, it turns into a 2-3 days ban automatically. About speeding... We all know that speeding is not punishable as long as it doesn't cause accidents, so giving warnings for speeding would be unfair and cause lots of complaints (because 99% of players in the servers are speeding every time they play).

2 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

Sure, but warning can also get punished if they player doesn't have to get kicked.  You could also give him a verbal warning, pull him over and give him the ticket without the need to kick him from the server. 

Would also start making people realise they can get in trouble for the smaller offences and i would hope start making people drive safer.  

Madsmea

UTL C.E.O

47 minutes ago, Madsmea said:

So... I'm sitting here talking to my friend and got to thinking "what if TMP Admins could give warning tickets as well as bans?".

If you get seen doing something you shouldn't by a TMP Admin that is not a ban-able offence, they should give you a warning ticket on your TMP profile.

Now I know that it would cause a lot more work for the TMP team, so this is more of a "what if" not a suggestion.

What do you think? I look forward to the comments.

As practice shows, in many situations even 2-3 bans on a player’s account do not force him to stop breaking the rules. Therefore, warnings are unlikely to work.

But this is a good idea, but the disadvantage of what "cheaters" they also have to give a warning that they do not use cheats.Complex function to which you need to carefully modify

This is a very interesting point made in regards to the way the server is managed in relation to abiding by the rules and those enforcing the rules in place. I think having the ticket system would help with how rule breaking is managed, this being as said the less severe situations can be verbal or written warning which informs the user of their wrong doing and also allows for other admins to view this. This allows for appropriate actions to be carried out if further rules are broken by the suspect/user at fault. 

I hope my input has been helpful in some way shape or form.

Sometimes kicking players is not necessary though as these can have low severity therefore this system could help with educating players on the rules and not just simply kicking them. This achieves nothing and the player will most likely repeat the offence again. There needs to be more communication with players when dealing with situations.

2 minutes ago, Welshboy346 said:

Sometimes kicking players is not necessary though as these can have low severity therefore this system could help with educating players on the rules and not just simply kicking them. This achieves nothing and the player will most likely repeat the offence again. There needs to be more communication with players when dealing with situations.

Well, in fact, all players, before using TruckersMP must learn the rules and know them. Although you may be right

3 minutes ago, Welshboy346 said:

Well put!

Madsmea

UTL C.E.O

I agree with @FernandoCR [ESP]

I think warning tickets" are called kick or sometimes it's the red text that reminds you in the game. In some cases, the player does not deserve a ban but rather a kick. But if you still deliberately commit a violation, you may receive a ban from GM (depending on the offense that GM may decide you are banned for how many days)

And I think that could also be a reminder written in the game by GM

Well if you wish for warnings rather than ban directly for those who don't follow the rules or something to received the ban. I guess the kick system is the warning itself that if someone get kicked, it means something is wrong with his/her connection or behaviour. It is commonsense to notice that something is wrong. Dashcam videos speaks for the situation btw. ;)

Cheaters/trolls should get banned with out warning.

People who get a warning/ticket but don't heed the warning gets banned 1 or more days 

But why punish everyone the same, some players make mistakes and should only get warnings. If they make more mistakes and get more then 3? warnings/tickets then they get a ban.

that's my opinion.

Madsmea

UTL C.E.O

1 hour ago, NeonLeon said:

Sure, but warning can also get punished if they player doesn't have to get kicked.  You could also give him a verbal warning, pull him over and give him the ticket without the need to kick him from the server. 

Kicks usually do nothing to stop the trolls or the reckless. Not even bans, since they can just delete their accounts and create new ones. Verbal warnings would be completely useless IMO. Players who want to play legit learn from their mistakes, no need for warnings, those who just like to go GTA style no matter what only learn from punishment. And some, they don't even learn after being punished, this is quite clear because if they did, there would be no one with more than 2-3 bans.

Issuing warnings can be a good thing for the players who just made a mistake by accident, for all others (trolls, reckless, etc.) it's just postponing the inevitable. And giving them more chances than they deserve.

Yeah at this point you are right. Still, sometimes if I see players with something like "traffic control" in their tag, I don't have to ban them directly. What I often do is just give them the verbal warning to change the tag. Most of them cooperate with me and change it, so there is no need for a punishment. With a ticket system I could note it on his profile and if another admin would see him with the same tag again, he could ban him without giving him a warning. 

It may be more work for the admins but it will improve the relationship between admins and players. They need to learn what they are doing wrong rather than just getting kicked for it. This isn't dealing with the problem only delaying it, this is when repeat offenders come into play because they aren't always being told. Keep this in mind and maybe implement it into the future system for administration.

It may be more work for admins however they will recruit more people into the team to help with the work load, if it help people understand the rules and learn how the rules make the game run smoothly in the long run it would make the game better for everyone.

Some people don't even know there are rules they just install the mod and play or they don't think they matter and that's where the tickets would come into play.

Madsmea

UTL C.E.O

I totally agree this kind of police YAY! But with some little changes:

Some admins would be driving their trucks as normal players, without RED labels, without sirens... just simple trucks+trailer enjoying the road. For sure they will see how TROLL acts.

Im pretty bored and frustrated when I meet REAL TOXIC TROLLS driving doing zig zag for block you at 70km/h without sense. Even reporting that player from some others drivers with me... always is the same response "NO Action token...." with several reports on him.

If a TROLL see a blue siren and/or RED label... for sure he will instant return to a safetly driving but doing this, they will act as THEY USUALLY DO.

Also I seen those TROLLS turn in normal driving when they see close someone with a Tag like (Twitch, Youtube...) you know, they know there will be evidences of their behaviour.

So my idea is pretty similar to this, being almost invisibles as admins (just normal drivers) they will can ticket bad drivers with a simple command like /ticket (ID) (amount) (reason) (example: /ticket 3245 -20000 Passing red lights with traffic around) In the same way, they can use exactly the same command for reward really good behaviours, like good light signals for avoid accidents, pulling over when necesary in damage area, being patient in a junction if a convoy need to pass... This will reinforce the good behaviour I guess, after all the game money reward is the objective (mainly) (example: /ticket 3245 +20000 Being patient due a convoy) (example2: /ticket 3245 20000 Reward for advising incoming traffic about a traffic jam) Of course these positive rewards are not really often, only in really great behaviour.

Just kicking a player for to do mistakes (remember there are kids and people without real driver licenses who dont really know the signals and so on) will not help much, in this case, maybe adding the reason will help them to understand their mistake.

(example: /kick 3245 overtaking using the hard shoulders)

My conclusion, as I seen long time ago, admins/mods are only moderating traffic in some congested areas, leaving almost unprotected others drivers.

Archived