SCS Blog: Over the Seas

Carrythxd

exterior_2.jpg

Scandinavia is a very different space to work and create in than the territories we have created in the past - it's not just the different sights, it's the fact that the countries are not landlocked like most of the environments in existing Euro Truck Simulator 2 world.

blog_mapa_ets2_pristavy.jpg

Our previous post contained a general review of the map that might have given you some idea on the scale of the DLC. The Scandinavia territory in Euro Truck Simulator 2 will feature a total of 14 new ports and ferry locations that allow you to board the ferries directly.

exterior.jpg

interior.jpg

interior3_day.png

interior2_day.png

We felt that ferries are an integral part of Scandinavian transportation and decided to go an extra mile to ensure that ship models and ferry locations in the game closely reflect the ferry ports and ships you can see in real life. We've spent considerable amount of time to recreate this aspect of Scandinavia in great detail - many of the ports in the expansion have the size of entire cities you've seen in current Euro Truck Simulator 2.

stavanger.jpg

gedser.jpg

exterior_Oslo.png

The sea transportation network will allow you to use alternate connections between locations in Scandinavia and other territories of the map, as the ferries will also connect destinations in Poland and United Kingdom. At the same time, we wanted to avoid abuse of the ferry system that would allow players to just "hop" around the map quickly without the need for much driving, so the ferry network is intentionally not as dense as in the real world.

goteborg.jpg

nynashamn.jpg

y1u9Gtd.jpg

Looks good but I don't give a dime about Scandinavia DLC details anymore.

I'd like other news.

Indeed, I'd also like to see some other news for a change. The only thing I'd love to see about the Scandinavia DLC next is just this, not just more screenshots from cities/ferries/something:

aIIODNL.jpg

All nice, but how the final product will look like ?

In Poland, the ferry is in Gdynia not Gdańsk .  ;)

Well, Gdynia is in ETS 2 :P (A few screenshots I took of the city, I've uploaded 'em to the screenshot thread before but I figured I'd upload 'em to Imgur too :P)

http://imgur.com/a/5oZZV#0

EDIT: Ah, damn, you already got an reply to that haha :D But yeah, I'm guessing that SCS didn't want us to know about the new city yet, or it's just a mistake

y1u9Gtd.jpg

Indeed, I'd also like to see some other news for a change. The only thing I'd love to see about Scandinavia right now is just this:

aIIODNL.jpg

Well, Gdynia is in ETS 2 :P (A few screenshots I took of the city, I've uploaded 'em to the screenshot thread before but I figured I'd upload 'em to Imgur too :P)

http://imgur.com/a/5oZZV#0

EDIT: Ah, damn, you already got an reply to that haha :D But yeah, I'm guessing that SCS didn't want us to know about the new city yet, or it's just a mistake

I suggest you go for the camera 0 railing and landed in the center of the port, and pops the inscription '' discovered the city of Gdynia '' :)

Looks good I can not wait

And I am sure I can see a few new trailers (and skins) in there somewhere ;)

I hope they add some of the other trailers into the rotation that have been in the screenshots I've seen, fingers crossed it isn't just one new trailer and the other default ones that we pull day in, day out.

nz3d07.jpg

I hope they add some of the other trailers into the rotation that have been in the screenshots I've seen, fingers crossed it isn't just one new trailer and the other default ones that we pull day in, day out.

yes the trailer and truck base need extending but I guess thats what SP is for now where did I park my Scania T

Hope they will add more small towns like you see on the map before they release it, anyways i can't wait to be driving in my own country and in Norway and have the plates for it.

But going north DLC is not really news anymore, sure the updates are fun to read but i rather want to see something diffrent now besides ATS & Going North.

Archived