System For Select VTC's To Have Their SP Paintjob added ingame

B33TLE

Suggestion Name: VTC Singleplayer Paintjob In MP

Suggestion Description: The way this system would work is very similar to the admin / moderator vehicles allowing Select VTC's to put their single player truck skins in MP so their drivers can use it, you could also do a rent system like the vtc has to pay so much money a month to pay for the time and such it takes to put those skins in and make it so their vtc is the only one who could use the skin

Any example images: https://imgur.com/a/LZLO2bb

Why should it be added?: I think this should be added because this will bring more of a fun aspect to the game and it will be easier to identify VTC's due to some people like to impersonate VTC"s to get them in a bad spotlight

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 4
  • Confused 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If we do allow company skins, we cannot pick favorites as to which company would have skins and others do not. That is just my opinion. I like the idea but we should keep the playing ground equal between all trucking companies if this were to happen.

Paying money to have your own skins in game doesn't seem like that bad of an idea to me. It is something I would pay to do. Reminds of an older topic suggestion where people would pay to have their company ads on billboards within the game.

• Upvote 3

• 1 month later...

Why is no one seeing the obvious problem here?

The thing is, it's either every VTC gets custom paintjobs added to the game, or none does. The second any VTC gets denied their skin, they can and will rightfully call discrimination (Which, if you haven't figured already, it is) You can't just deem a TC ''Worthy'' and some other TC not without some sort of discrimination. 

There's also a problem with making it a paid service, and that's the fact that VTCs are not American only. There are French ones, Turkish ones, and so on.

In the time of writing this, 20 bucks equals to 17,85 Euros and 121,62 Turkish Liras. Remember, this means absolutely nothing on paper, but the French guy could eat a cheap meal or two with 17 Euros, while the Turkish dude could feed himself for days with that money. What then, are we going to have regional pricing and regularly update it to match the current economy so everyone who wants to get their VTC a custom paintjob pays more or less the same amount, and not in dollars.

''But turkler, why don't we have a quota for X amounts of members or something to make it fair?''

Because it won't be fair unless it's so low that it doesn't matter anymore. Remember, big is subjective. I could say that a VTC needs to have at least 40 to be considered big, you could say 500. Even then, even if we set some qualification up, then it will cause a big list of problems. Imagine this, let's say we did implement this and you needed at least 150 members for a custom livery, with only a few select VTCs being able to get their own, this will cause a lot of things. First of all, smaller VTCs will dissolve even further who will flock into bigger VTCs. Remember, people want to feel special, and what's more special than a livery that only a select few have? Smaller VTCs won't have their own liveries, so what's the point in joining them, right? But yes, there will be a very small minority who will join VTCs for what they are, the majority just want fancy skins. To counter this, you could lower your standards to a point where most VTCs get their own skins, but that will make the download bigger than it already is.

Either every VTC gets custom liveries or no VTC does.

Overall, bad idea. The download is already big as is, the last thing we need is to make it bigger.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

I completely agree with @TurklerRS. I've been a member and senior staff member within a few VTC's for several years now and this topic is discusses fairly frequently. All in all, we agree that it would just make the download size either ridiculously huge or support so few VTC's that it gives those who do have a skin more of an unfair advantage than what they already have.

You also say this will help to prevent impersonators, I believe no such thing, if anything you're making it easier for them. Even if VTC skins were ever added, there would be no control over who can get to see what (as there isn't now for who can see the police vehicle skin), and there is no way VTC's could ever truly provide a full list of members to TMP. Members in VTC's come and go all the time. At least right now with impersonators they have to just guess to get as close to your skin as possible. Further to this, it would completely destroy the repaints menu, especially if hundreds of VTC's signed up to such a service which, inevitably, they would. 

Paying money to have your VTC's custom paintjob in-game seems a bit eh..

Would be okay I guess if they had to pay. That shows that they are serious in playing TruckersMP and in their VTC to be paying real money for those perks (e.g. people paying premium monthly on TrucksBook.) but not being able to or not having the means of paying for it (not everyone has paypal/debit cards/credit cards to use in situations like this) doesn't mean that they aren't serious about playing TruckersMP or to their VTC. I have been here since 2014 and I would love to support TruckersMP by donating but because of many reasons (1)I'm a student and I don't have that much savings to donate. (2)I don't have PayPal nor any credit/debit cards. (3)I only have the base game + high power cargo + going east + some cheap or giveaway dlcs since 2014 but luckily, some of the members of my current VTC has given me some dlcs during the sale and now I have all the map dlcs plus some tuning and cargo dlcs.

It would be great if this perk is given to those VTCs that have an x-number of kilometers driven in total.

It could also be like if the VTC have an x-number of kilometers driven in total for a month. (e.g. they have 500,000km in January, then they get to have their paintjob for the whole month of February. Then they have also 500,000km in February, then they can still have their paintjob in the game for them to use the next month. This only stops until they don't meet the required total km a month, then their paintjob will be removed. Or not? It could stay in the game forever untill the VTC decides to close or it just dies.)

76561198136394601.png

// Isaiah Wijesekara | Philippines | Former [ETRVTC] Driver | TMP ID 10832 \\

// [TPH] Truckers Philippines | Member Since November 15, 2014 | TrucksBook \\

image.png.3a469fc6c20225a7608e8705bb8150c5.png|image.png.9dd78c47b8aceb13f4907f4d2d669585.png|image.png.744ced8a4ea99071cd7af3b1892ef168.png|image.png.7e3bb40469f591d1f01db0bb788244ff.png|image.png.2575f58f66623c27724459bd2538fcf1.png|image.png.b185e69ecf1956dd8d073810c550ade5.png|image.png.d2d3099e2a60bcb9e4916e09413dfa8a.png

image.png

+1 to the idea! I think it would make the game feel even better with having yet another realistic aspect put into it! It could be ran as an addon to the current pant menu, for instance on my client I can select xyz areas to "type"  lets say my DOT number and my company name, which would be streamed or saved to like a TMP server or whatnot -- which would be streamed the same way the current liveries are, its just added on if that makes sense

-- current game liveries (like the SCS ones) 

-- Add Text manager/text system which runs the same way the SCS liveries are streamed (im guessing they are streamed from the tmp servers to our clients, im no dev but just a guess) 

plates.png.7c439891de203ef73a0bdc85d0fd3423.png

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/17/2018 at 1:22 PM, TwentyTwoPilots said:

Why should it be added?: I think this should be added because this will bring more of a fun aspect to the game and it will be easier to identify VTC's due to some people like to impersonate VTC"s to get them in a bad spotlight

A paintjob of a VTC can be a blessing or a curse.
One single misbehaving member can ruin the reputation of a VTC, no matter how many other members play by the rules.

• True Story 1

That sounds cool but correct me if i'm wrong. We're talking about various decals for every couple vtcs. Atleast most of them going to use different styles. But that means a more data storage. So, are those server(s) could handle this load ? 

But I know a great example on another game and that system was a greatest one. Almost whole clan symbols and designs were unique. Because that was about the creativity. Think about mini illustrator in game. If you wonder the name of the game, contact me :rolleyes:. I don't know, is there a rule about telling the other game or company names.

image.php?u=4694956&type=sigpic&dateline

Hello,

This is a fantastic idea and with the new VTC part of the TMP website it would make this a lot easier,  if you have a skin aproved for truck and trailer it shows up for anyone who is a part of the VTC in game.

Not to sure about paying to use the skins, however if it wasnt to pricy I would support anything that helps TMP bring us more content and keeping the servers going.

I really really like this idea and I really hope it gets implemented.

Madsmea

UTL CEO

Madsmea

UTL C.E.O

• 3 weeks later...

I like the idea, but I don't think it should be added in-game at all. Why not? Well, here are some negative points that I can imagine if this is added to the game...

Once you have a privilege, such as having a paintjob of your own VTC, it can also be considered to have an advantage. Other players won't have the same access to it.

And considering the VTC Rules:

• §2.3 - Having a VTC does not give you an advantage
  • §3.3 - VTC owners do not have any more rights than a public player

If the VTC has something restricted from other puplic players, this could cause discontent, would cause some players to get mad, as mentioned before, causing conflicts between public players and VTC members and vice verse.

Exemplary situation:

• "I don't care if you're from a VTC, you're not special, get out of here"
  • "You're not even part of a VTC, what are you talking about, you're just like any other player, shut up"

This is just my opinion, based on previous experiences, where players fight with each other for much less than a VTC, think about what can happen if it is added in the game. Not to mention the hostile discussions of CB Radio in the heavy traffic cities.
Our GMs already have too many problems to deal with, we don't need something that can cause even more disorder.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I really like the idea.

There is obviously a problem, as there are a lot of VTC's. It's pretty clear, that not every VTC can have the ability to get such a working paintjob in multiplayer. In my opinion, however, it seems to be fair enough to only provide paintjobs to relatively popular, big and successful VTCs. What is the point in letting thousands of players download a paintjob for a VTC that is barely known, and visible on the roads? A good approach is always to only download the files that are necessary or highly relevant. Providing paintjobs for popular VTC's is already a good step in the right direction. It's, obviously, better than not having any VTC paintjobs at all, right?

On 6/16/2019 at 9:53 AM, Trigzd said:

[...] we agree that it would just make the download size either ridiculously huge [..]

How big in size (kB) is a paintjob? Can anyone please provide speaking numbers, so that we can work with facts and not assumptions?

Greetings from Luxembourg,

sideways