The Traffic Jam-Ram Domino

Sgt. Frames

So I'm someone who often commutes between Calais and Duisburg on the C-D road.

And I've often came to notice that the most trailer damage people get besides  get is when you drive normally when the road is relatively free then all of a sudden a crash happens in front of you, you slow down and come to a stop then the person behind you not seeing any of this can't respond to the sudden breaking quickly enough causing him to ram your back full-force. In a worst case scenario the force of the bump, can cause you to be thrusted forwards, ramming the driver in front of you and that driver rams the one in front of him, etc. and I've called this phenomenon "The Traffic Jam-Ram Domino"

I've seen that happen to a friend of mine where she got rammed so hard, she flew into the sky and then was kicked by a mod who thought that she is the one driving in a reckless way.

I don't wanna blame any mod here but what I mean is that the sudden breaking that often has to be done sometimes can cause huge accidents.

I've been trying to prevent this by always turning on my warning blinkers the second I start breaking so the driver behind me realizes quickly enough that he has to slow down.

This method has shown to work in most cases, but sometimes the rear driver is too fast or doesn't get what my warn-blinking means

I've used this method since day one since this is the intent of a warning blinker and I'd do the same in an IRL situation, thinking this reaction should be regular norm but for some reason only the very least people actually turn them on when suddenly slowing down, causing me to ram right into their back.

What do you guys think of it? does it happen to you too? is my method a good and valid one? What are your solutions?

It happens to basically everyone occasionally. The best solution-in addition to your solution of turning on the hazard lights, is to keep a good distance away from everyone in front of you, and only brake as hard as you need to.

If you have an accident, do not brake suddenly keep an eye on C-D, especially because you can see people stop there retarder, engine braking or trailer brakes to illuminate the warning lights to the rear of the driver can indicate slow this is my advice but don't forget the path of the eye and the mirror also get the other eye's navigation :)

15 minutes ago, S p a r k i e said:

It happens to basically everyone occasionally. The best solution-in addition to your solution of turning on the hazard lights, is to keep a good distance away from everyone in front of you, and only brake as hard as you need to.

Good advise, I usually brake full force just out of panic, not wanting to be involved into an accident. But C-D is also full of tailgaters who are not as smart in preventing as we are

When I drive on this route, it does. It is something that is difficult to contain.
In this situation, the most you can do is tell your friend by chat or voice (Px); or turn on the flashing alert. It is good that everyone knows there is an accident near the place ... but people do not always look and ignore your message.
But anyway, if you usually drive on this route, you will be an easy target or not. and will be kicked or reported and banned in sequence.

>  Raaphael   <   

Veteran Driver VII

?   ?  ? ? ?   ?

Hello There,

I'm moving it to the Euro Truck Simulator 2 Discussion because this discussion is only about ETS2/ETS2MP. You can only open discussions about both games ETS2/ETS2MP and ATS/ATSMP in General Discussion.

If you have any further questions or comments, don't be afraid to contact me :=)

// Moved to Euro Truck Simulator 2 Discussion.

Y6JLoj.png.1482f0bf87625eca4c05028e655c74c1.png

It's caused by tailgaters and gotta got fast immature drivers being unable to stop in time because of physics. No hazard light will save you when they are right on your bumper or try to go around any accident at full speed.

Independent driver

On 8/28/2018 at 2:16 PM, caff!!! said:

to quote Revolver Ocelot: I love to reload shift gears during a battle delivery.

4 hours ago, AspergerKid said:

So I'm someone who often commutes between Calais and Duisburg on the C-D road.

And I've often came to notice that the most trailer damage people get besides  get is when you drive normally when the road is relatively free then all of a sudden a crash happens in front of you, you slow down and come to a stop then the person behind you not seeing any of this can't respond to the sudden breaking quickly enough causing him to ram your back full-force. In a worst case scenario the force of the bump, can cause you to be thrusted forwards, ramming the driver in front of you and that driver rams the one in front of him, etc. and I've called this phenomenon "The Traffic Jam-Ram Domino"

I've seen that happen to a friend of mine where she got rammed so hard, she flew into the sky and then was kicked by a mod who thought that she is the one driving in a reckless way.

I don't wanna blame any mod here but what I mean is that the sudden breaking that often has to be done sometimes can cause huge accidents.

I've been trying to prevent this by always turning on my warning blinkers the second I start breaking so the driver behind me realizes quickly enough that he has to slow down.

This method has shown to work in most cases, but sometimes the rear driver is too fast or doesn't get what my warn-blinking means

I've used this method since day one since this is the intent of a warning blinker and I'd do the same in an IRL situation, thinking this reaction should be regular norm but for some reason only the very least people actually turn them on when suddenly slowing down, causing me to ram right into their back.

What do you guys think of it? does it happen to you too? is my method a good and valid one? What are your solutions?

I believe that this whole problem lies in two factors:
Inattention of participants and high speed. If you look at the average speed on this road, you will understand that at such speeds in emergency situations there is little that can be done. And if, in addition to this, delays, the distance of drawing players and the experience of an individual player are taken into account, then everything becomes quite logical.

Well I believe that turning on the hazards is a standard procedure that is actually used in real life.
But another measure that I think is really useful is not to drive too fast in the first place. In the C-D road I find that for safety reasons it is always more secure to not go above 80 km/h and if you are traveling at that pace, there is almost always enough time for the person behind you to slow down and stop behind you.

We're always nearly there.

49 minutes ago, Mr. Kitty Kitty said:

I have seen this happen before and my only advice is to drive into the grass if can or just brake using parking brake, trailer brake (if you have trailer), regular brake, and Engine brake. You wouldn't know how many times I've had that to do all at once to save myself :P

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH You got it! But probably parking brake will make you slip ;)

First, maintain a safe distance from a truck infront of you. Second, do not drive too fast on this road as you know crashes are common on this road. 

Third, always anticipate for danger situations ahead.

Fourth, keep yourself safe in the first place before the people at your back. If you can handle the situation in a better and safer way that no one will ever get involve to collisions, then do it!

Fifth, if you engaged full force brake won't help you to full stop. Keep at least a size of your truck as your distance infront so it will stop accordingly.

If you keep these everytime you drive on this road or even in highways. You are a defensive driver ;)

In addition, turning on your Hazard lights will help the driver at the back to slow down unless he didn't know what does it mean. This became a reason for me to get banned for 1 day. I turned it on and slowing down to pull over for awhile and he hut me. This person has no idea of driving, I might call him "noob driver" 

Regards,

NuelGamingPH

3 hours ago, Mr. Kitty Kitty said:

I have seen this happen before and my only advice is to drive into the grass if can or just brake using parking brake, trailer brake (if you have trailer), regular brake, and Engine brake. You wouldn't know how many times I've had that to do all at once to save myself :P

I also pull the parking brake:D but you know there are some parts of the road where you can't drive into the grass, be it a vehicle parking there, a small wall blocking it or just a dangerous place of grass where you can get stuck (trust me, on C-D there are more than enough spots as such)

Many people try to overtake out of panic which makes the situation even worse

• 2 weeks later...

Dear @AspergerKid

Because this topic has been inactive for 14 days I am going to close this topic to keep the forums organised. Topics are started very frequently on the forums, so we need to make sure that the more active topics remain open for community.

If you have any question, don't be afraid to PM me :=)

// Locked and Moved to Archive.

Y6JLoj.png.1482f0bf87625eca4c05028e655c74c1.png

Archived