Skoda - Our friend or enemy?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, ALEXXX said:

Skoda, kamyonun sadece etrafında dönmesiyle oyundaki en iyi araç. Bu yüzden Skoda benim için daha iyi bir alternatif. Satın alma / araba kullanmayan bir kamyon oyunu, gerçek bir kamyon oyunu DEĞİLDİR. Troller bir kamyon şoförü olarak da mevcuttur.

I think you're wrong my opinion Euro Truck simulator only truck game :)

Seriously I think very negatively of the Skoda. Somehow it has much greater acceleration than normal HGVs, but also much worse braking. It also weirdly and wrongly has the same mass (according to my observation) as the trucks, and thus in a collision between the truck and cars (which is very likely considering the way cars drive), it is usually the trucks that go flying. This makes the Skoda the perfect trolling tool for trolls or reckless drivers that perform ridiculous overtakes and cut back into the lane at the last minute by crashing into you. It makes me feel very nervous whenever one drives near me.

We're always nearly there.

5 hours ago, unitedbattleship said:

Seriously I think very negatively of the Skoda. Somehow it has much greater acceleration than normal HGVs, but also much worse braking. It also weirdly and wrongly has the same mass (according to my observation) as the trucks, and thus in a collision between the truck and cars (which is very likely considering the way cars drive), it is usually the trucks that go flying. This makes the Skoda the perfect trolling tool for trolls or reckless drivers that perform ridiculous overtakes and cut back into the lane at the last minute by crashing into you. It makes me feel very nervous whenever one drives near me.

Actually the skoda is way heavier than a truck, I think at least 4 times as heavy although I can't recall specifics.

Independent driver

On 8/28/2018 at 2:16 PM, caff!!! said:

to quote Revolver Ocelot: I love to reload shift gears during a battle delivery.

Skodas are often enemies, but they are part of the realism of the ETS2MP to differentiate the Game Mod from the users :)

Greetings, and good route.

4 times more heavier?! I’m surprised it doesn’t have its own moon

No wonder every time one crashes into me it feels like falling into a black hole

9 hours ago, caff!!! said:

Actually the skoda is way heavier than a truck, I think at least 4 times as heavy although I can't recall specifics.

We're always nearly there.

Hey,

People are always hating on the skodas, they aren't really responsible for as many collisions as people make out. As an example, on the C-D road, a car is much less likely to crash since it is a lot smaller than truck + trailer. If someone decides to overtake in a truck + trailer, then they might not have the space to fit in, whereas a car would. Now with 1.32, which I know has been out for a while, own trailers just look much cooler than a Skoda, even though you can get coloured rims, therefore I feel like more people would drive trucks.

Hi,

I think having troubles with drivers shouldn't make you to hate a vehicle. The trouble that you had is because of driver. Inexperienced drivers, usually choose driving skoda because it accelerates faster and it is smaller than a truck. Wouldn't it sound good for them? Imagine that they remove skoda from the game. Do you think all troubles that you had will go away? Personally, I don't think so. Hating something is not a solution. However, we can reach to the solution by reporting players who don't follow the rules.

Me personally, I'm in love with Skodas. 

Now I do understand that people may not like Skodas because they are used by trolls, inexperienced players,.., but I think that people hate it so much becuase they cause a lot of traffic accidents, especially when they are overtaking someone. I think that overtaking is probably the most dangerous phase of driving in this game, because many problems may occure (lags, incoming traffic,...).

Most of the times it will be Skodas overtaking trucks and I think that the biggest problem here is respect - drivers need to tolerate each other.

Truckers need to understand that Skodas are fast and are (I'd say) meant to overtake them since it's the fastes option of traveling - they then need to slow down a bit and give Skodas some space to overtake them, because then guess what, BOOM and you are flying in the air. 

For Skoda drivers, they need to understand that before they overtake someone, they need to check for incoming traffic, because everyone knows what happens next, speed of both vehicles and if it's safe to overtake in that particular spot (I highly recommend following road signs, especially when it comes to turns). 

As I said, it really depends on the respect and overall tolerance on the road. I've met good drivers and bad drivers. And it really depends on the situation as well, one time overtaking cost me a big trouble too. 

Archived