Skoda - Our friend or enemy?

Hello everyone,

Introduction:

I am writting this topic in order to raise some awareness in the community and get a, personally, better understanding on the general reputation of the Skoda.

I have been playing for some time and I keep noticing the Skoda gets the attention of angry people quickly. Myself, I barely use the Skoda. My reason to bring this topic to you is to find the main source the community thinks about and maybe end up in getting suggestions created.

My analyze:

The Skoda has a reputation which, as far I see in-game, is generally negative. I am monitoring the reactions of people incase you wonder. I have driven a Skoda yesterday, followed each and any rule, law of traffic and though people often look down from their cabin upon me (also literally ;) ).

Negative:

*Often seen as the I wanna be police car

* The caravans didn't receive too much of a warm welcome. Refering this is a trucking game.

* Very often used by trolls

Positive:

* Very good to use in convoys to guide

* Offers a side-experience in a trucking game

*Gets you quickly to a place (when no quicktravel is available).

I would like to have the communities view on this. This might sound like I want to praise the Skoda but I rather want its negative reputation, caused by individuals, removed. I feel like the Skoda has a bigger and more positive impact than most of us realize.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be short: I never trust Skoda driving behind me unless I know who is driving.

---

The levels of "How much do you hate Scout cars"

Level 1: Use NCZ hack and rammed you

Level 2: Keep ramming you

Level 3: Rammed you and you fly up to the sky

Level 4: T-boned you

Level 5: Bumped you

Level 6: Overtake you but leave no space

Level 7: Brake Check you

Level 8: Honk at you

Level 9: Light Horn to tell you to drive faster

Level 10: You feel annoyed when you hear that engine sound

Level 100: You feel annoyed even if he stays behind you and do nothing

Level 1000: Keep asking why TMP introduced this car in a Truck Simulator

Well currently I am between 100 to 1000.

Though I haven't used it in ETS 2 yet (Friend of mine JUST gifted me the game) I have used it a fair bit in ATS... Just feels good to switch it up a bit. If I don't have much time I'll hop in it, as the stop and go speed is pretty nice.. I never take it full speed though.

I just got to be respectful of others on the road, I don't like to go blasting past people, especially if they are unaware of me being there... but that's just me. I don't have a salty bone in my body LOL.

It will definitely be interesting in ETS 2, just by the way roads are laid out and how narrow sections can be.. Going to hold off on it now until I get a better understanding of navigation in that game.

90% of skoda drivers who overtake me dont keep proper distance when going back on lane, its like right in front of my cabin and its dangerous in most cases. I always tend to be more careful when i see someone driving skoda especially without caravan (these are more 'normal' i noticed). Not even talking about single cars who just drive on some routes and try to find someone to ram.

Hello Dear @Averazon

I'd like to comment on this. First of all, congratulations on your approach. Yeah, a lot of people don't like skoda. Almost all skoda users are using it for trolling. On the other hand, it also serves beautiful works. It is important to what purpose you use. In the truck simulation, the car is strange, yes, but as a result, it has been added to the game. If the rules are followed, it is very enjoyable to travel with them. Also, too many players use the truck to troll. So, it is wrong to connect the troll to the car. Yes, they do more damage than the trucks. But this problem will be solved later. As a matter of fact, if we all follow the rules, everything would be great. 

Best&Kind Regards

DarkOwl

Kind Regards,
96AV

TruckersMP Game Moderator

The best way to predict your future is to create it.

People who don't like Skoda because of bad drivers, so with same logic we should hate trucks because there are bad drivers? That's just really stupid disliking Skoda just because someone doesn't know how to drive or just hating some nationality because someone, for example, Russian guy rammed you. 

First of all, everything depends on a person, not on his nationality and not on his vehicle (truck or car). There are lots of bad truckers, Skoda drivers from different countries and we can't say that Russian or German people don't know how to drive just because that people ram someone. 

I know that this topic is only about Skoda's reputation, but I just want to say that It doesn't matter what vehicle this person uses, truck or car and what nationality he is, in every country, there are bad Skoda or truck drivers and at the same time good Skoda or truck drivers.

Hope one day people will understand this and stop being racist by saying that all Turks, Russians, Germans or other nationality people don't know how to drive.

Hello!

I like skoda vehicles. And sometimes I use it. Usually skoda vehicle users are trolled or accident. I do think the skoda is the truck's enemy, but my it's not my friend or enemy.

Don't try to be different. just be good. To be good is different enough.

Saygılarımla              - Best regards       

-Silent Death_53        - Silent Death_53             

TruckersMP

For me, as I am using it, It is hard to manuever when you first heat the engine up and drive. The stability itself is pretty much hard this is the main caused of Trolls, Accidents etc... (I guess) When people drive it often they learn how to manage the car from parking to entering roads or highways. Nevertheless, for me when I feel sweaty on my hands on the wheel I  used to run at least 60kph using Cruise control. :) To avoid collisions and accidents ahead. Through these, All I can say is that the Skoda car is not our enemy, but the noob drivers btw. :)

Regards,

Nuel Gaming PH

I don't think that "This is a trucking game" is an valid argument against the cars. Since RL Trucks have to deal with cars as well. They are part of the traffic, and I think they should be accepted. 

But please think about an Car-Bann for new players and players who have been banned before for reckless driving with cars. If an "Car banned" players try to use one, they will be kicked after a few seconds... 

That would be cool. 

The Scout is hated a lot because the people who hate it can't seem to grasp one basic, simple fact; the Scout is NOT the problem, trolls are. Getting rid of the Scout is NOT going to get rid of trolls; they'll simply move back onto trucks.

Then there's also the group who feel that it shouldn't be in the game because it's a trucking sim. Just stop whining and play the damn game how YOU want to play it; stop berating people like me for wanting to drive a car. Me driving a car does NOT in anyway shape or form affect your gaming experience.

I've absolutely had enough of people whinging about the Scout when the Scout itself is not the problem. Direct your hate at the stupid trolls who use them, not the car or people like me who enjoy using it properly.

Archived