How to use a double roundabout?

Gilles03

There is no reason to delete my comment if I pointed out that the blue line in the picture above is incorrect, because changing lanes essentially is making double lane roundabout into single lane roundabout and also it can cause incidents and congestion while blocking everyone who attempt to turn right from the right lane. I did not wrote non sense for sure.

1. Yield traffic from both lanes

2. Know your lane

3. Signal to exit

rdbt.JPG

I prefer the schema from @MrG721

Here's how I do it. When I approach, I check for any vehicles coming on my left. I never change lane in the middle of the roundabout.

I want to go left, I indicate left, and then right when I'm about to leave.

I want to go straight, I only start indicating right when I'm about to leave.

I want to go right, I indicate right until I leave.

I know it's very rare, but if you're in the outside lane, pay attention if anyone is in the inside lane. They have the priority if they want to leave the roundabout. But I usually avoid if possible to be aside anyone to avoid that.

Also I noticed about having to use the left lane if you want to go left. Sometimes I don't really do it since it involves changing lanes one or two times (before and after roundabout), which can be annoying especially if you have to turn right shortly after. I don't really make a big fuss about it, as long as you stay in your lane and know when to yield. I know you need to change lane in some countries, but apparently in some other countries you don't need to?

On a side note, this seems more like a guide rather than a general topic, and I know there's already a guide on roundabouts, but seems a bit old plus some rules differ about when you enter those in different countries...

KkdaC1b.png

The most important thing is to indicate where you want to go. As long as you correctly indicate where you want to go, you can both avoid accidents and get everyone through faster.

I don't make a big issue with what lane goes where, as long as everyone knows how to navigate without hitting each other.

For example, the roundabout at Calais. Almost everyone uses both the left and right lane to turn right to leave Calais, but this is acceptable in my opinion as very little traffic will turn left from there, and 99% of the traffic through that roundabout is either going right to leave Calais, or going into Calais.

On most single lane roundabouts there is typically a very large curb in the center. Use it. It is there for trucks and large vehicles that cannot easily swerve around it. (And of course, emergency vehicles if necessary or useful)

The most commonly ignored thing, is waiting/yielding to other traffic in the roundabout. Barely anybody seems to care about road laws or understand that they have to give way. So many times I stop at a yield because there is traffic and people are blaring their horns and flashing their lights.

Quick note on yield signs: For intersections like the one on the C-D road, where the highway entrances/exits have priority, you should not let more than 2 or 3 players out, regardless of the yield sign. Letting more than that many players out can lead to a very hard to solve case of gridlock, especially in that kind of junction.

Example:

6fA33hL.jpg

You can see how nobody would be able to move anywhere, especially if the intersection would be FULL of people (like the one at C-D)

17 hours ago, lil Gilles03 said:

Hello truckers,

This is how you need to use a double roundabout. I see many people using it wrong.

A= blink to left

B= blink to right

C= blinker off

Happy trucking,

Lil Gilles03

2584787D-C510-4DAF-9362-3299770FD757.jpeg

I hope big percent of the players can see this post and understand how they will past a roundbout. 

Yours sincerely,

Stalker.

1736633415.png.8b94f5c5c661f21e7c0dfa95ab9aac38.png

19 hours ago, MrG721 said:

There is no reason to delete my comment if I pointed out that the blue line in the picture above is incorrect, because changing lanes essentially is making double lane roundabout into single lane roundabout and also it can cause incidents and congestion while blocking everyone who attempt to turn right from the right lane. I did not wrote non sense for sure.

1. Yield traffic from both lanes

2. Know your lane

3. Signal to exit

rdbt.JPG

Yes but this can be different in other countries.

It's a bit different over here in germany (in real life). But I'm not quite sure how it is in germany because they aren't as common as in UK for example. Most of the time we just have one lane.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear @lil Gilles03

Because this topic has been inactive for 14 days I am going to close this topic to keep the forums organised. Topics are started very frequently on the forums, so we need to make sure that the more active topics remain open for community.

If you have any question, don't be afraid to PM me :=)

// Locked and Moved to Archive.

Y6JLoj.png.1482f0bf87625eca4c05028e655c74c1.png

Archived