Creating multiplayer

Hello I have a couple of questions to the developers of multiplayer TruckersMP 

1)Why can not implement the development of multiplayer for Euro truck simulator 2008? 
Well, you probably ask what to do if there is already multiplayer for Euro Truck Simulator 2.I can explain the fact that the players who have weak computers that can not pull the new version of Euro Truck Simulator 2 . I just noticed that the characteristics of the game Euro Truck Simulator 2008 are not so loaded.I can tell you about the advantages of creating multiplayer for the old versions of Euro Truck Simulator 2008
       1) System requirement: For this game minimum use windows xp, processor 2.4 GHz old version DirectX: 9.0 c,Graphics: 256 MB.And it's normal for players who do not have powerful components that can not play the latest version of Euro Truck Simulator 2.

Pros very much but still I would like to hear your opinion and ideas about creating multiplayer for Euro Truck Simulator 2008.

Edited by [FORWARD]Woked
Removed developers' tags

As a proof of work mwl4 did port one of the very first versions of the MP to the German Truck Simulator game.

ETS1 / GTS / UKTS may be older and not that demanding on the hardware side, but they are lacking playerbase. The games are about 10, close to 11 or even 12 years old.

Also ETS2 is being maintained much better than its predecessors. And to be fair, the current version of ETS2 even runs on potato machines (8 year old CPU + GPU and 4GB RAM). Maybe not with the best settings, but at least it is running.

"Just because others break rules, does not grant you the permission to break the rules as well"

Please drive respectful on the servers. Thank you!

11 minutes ago, AirSociety said:

FPS decreases in multiplayer over the last 1 month 5-10 FPS I think this is relevant to TruckersMP what is the reason for this?

If you get those FPS drops in MP only (and not in SP), then it is an MP (Mod) issue and not an issue with the game itself.

Also it depends on where you drive, what CPU you have what kind of settings you use

"Just because others break rules, does not grant you the permission to break the rules as well"

Please drive respectful on the servers. Thank you!

Hi fps going down in multiple games. But I solved my problem too much local disk D and C wiped out unnecessary documents and games didn't drop fps anymore.

3 hours ago, RayRay5 said:

Eğer bu FPS'leri sadece MP'de (ve SP'de değil) bırakırsanız, o zaman oyunun kendisi ile ilgili bir sorun değil, bir MP (Mod) meselesidir.

Ayrıca, sürdüğünüz yere bağlıdır, hangi CPU’yu kullandığınız

Sudden FPS decreases in non-traffic areas.

3 hours ago, TurkishCrew l Vurgun said:

Merhaba fps birden fazla oyunda aşağı gidiyor. Ama sorunumu çok fazla çözdüm yerel disk D ve C gereksiz belgeleri sildi ve oyunlar artık fps düşürmedi.

What are the junk files in C and D folders? Which ones do we need to erase?

The main reason this is unlikely to happen is the ratio between playercount, and the effort and resources required to make and continue to support it. While it is true that ETS(1) no longer receives updates, so supporting updates won't be an issue, the initial investment to make a mod is still there. In addition, servers, download links, etc also cost time and money to run, and most likely the playercount for an ETS(1) multiplayer would be quote low.

In addition, ETS2 is by no means a heavy game, and most computers can run it today.

Also, note that this forum category is not made to be a communication channel to the TruckersMP developers. It is here so people who are interested can discuss development in general.

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

HumaneWolf - Website - Twitter - GitHub

Ex-Developer

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.