American truck simulator worth it?

Isacsb

its worth it ats has better quality and roads are more longer if you like driving long distance plus old trucks are fun and gives you challenge you should buy it yes but as others mention don't accept high players.

ATSMP no because it's mostly dead on the roads (unless they do an official ATS convoy) but singleplayer ATS with mods is fun. There certainly isn't as many quality mods as ETS2 does but I find viva mexico map to be the best map mod for ATS because it has the best scenery and there are other good mods too such as trucks, graphics, etc. I would recommend getting it during black friday sale along with oregon dlc if you can because that DLC is beautiful. ATS is 75% off during the sale and oregon would probably be only 10-20% off because it's still new.

38 minutes ago, Knucklecurve said:

It's definitely worth when you buy it during a steam sale, but it doesn't have the consistent high player population like you get on ETS2 servers... unless there's a big release like the Volvo VNL

Volvo VNL really didn't attract a huge amount of players the servers only got back up to about 600-700 players which still isn't that great. Oregon brought it up to over 1100 on the first few days of release and then it died down out of nowhere.

I would say, get it if you like SCS games. I never really play ATS unless there is an event going on. Personally, I think ETS is wayyyy better and its just the overall more popular game. If you are short on cash and have other games in mind I would say get those instead as (from my experience) you will get bored of ATS fast.

smol_size.png.d3544591bca137e20b2ec7bc6cbf68d2.png

Discord: discord.io/BringVTC    |    Bring Website: BringVTC.com

@AirSociety okey so there is not many player on American Truck simulator mp? 

Thanks for the tip

//Isac

Drive safe!

15 hours ago, Vinolik said:

I own it but the thing keeping me from playing currently is the low amount of players (you just feel lonely) as well as the subjectively boring desert scenery that dictates the majority of the map.

Okey thats a very umportent thing to know thanks for sharing! 

//Isac 

Drive safe!

15 hours ago, Knucklecurve said:

It's definitely worth when you buy it during a steam sale, but it doesn't have the consistent high player population like you get on ETS2 servers... unless there's a big release like the Volvo VNL

Ohh okey, I think player in the game is very importent, you get a better felling if more player are in! Thanks!

//Isac

Drive safe!

@dragonslayingmaster1000

Okey thanks for the info! Really needed it!

//Isac

drive safe!

12 hours ago, NickThe0ne said:

I would say, get it if you like SCS games. I never really play ATS unless there is an event going on. Personally, I think ETS is wayyyy better and its just the overall more popular game. If you are short on cash and have other games in mind I would say get those instead as (from my experience) you will get bored of ATS fast.

Okey thanks for the tip! So you don’t think I should buy ATS? :)

//Isac

Drive safe!

15 minutes ago, snabbleverans AB said:

@AirSociety  okey yani Amerikan Truck simulator mp'de pek fazla oyuncu yok mu? 

Bahşiş için teşekkürler

// Isac

Dikkatli sür!

Okey, paylaştığın için çok şaşkın bir şey! 

// Isac 

Dikkatli sür!

Ohh tamam, bence oyundaki oyuncu çok ithal, daha fazla oyuncu varsa daha iyi bir felling olsun! Teşekkürler!

// Isac

Dikkatli sür!

@ dragonslayingmaster1000

Okey bilgi için teşekkürler! Gerçekten gerekli!

// Isac

dikkatli sür!

yes no more players but no troll

3 hours ago, snabbleverans AB said:

Okey thanks for the tip! So you don’t think I should buy ATS? :)

//Isac

Drive safe!

Well, I've had it since the beginning and I don't think it's worth to buy it if you are looking for a game that will last a long time. It just gets boring fast. I'd say wait and see if the game improves in the future. 

smol_size.png.d3544591bca137e20b2ec7bc6cbf68d2.png

Discord: discord.io/BringVTC    |    Bring Website: BringVTC.com

@NickThe0ne I bet it will improve they have been coming out with pretty good content recently. Oregon is just beautiful, it's nice they finally added a new truck too, and those new roads in the base map they added recently are nice too. They have been showing some love to ATS for the first time in awhile. Can't wait to see what they got next in 1.33.

9 hours ago, Jason M said:

American Truck Simulator is a vary good game it has only five states as of now but the trucks a vary detailed like they are in Euro Truck Simulator so ya i would recommend the game to anyone that likes driving Simulator games.

okey thanks for the tip! 

//Isac

Drive safe!

5 hours ago, NickThe0ne said:

Well, I've had it since the beginning and I don't think it's worth to buy it if you are looking for a game that will last a long time. It just gets boring fast. I'd say wait and see if the game improves in the future. 

okay, sad to hear! but thanks for the info!

//Isac

Drive safe!

55 minutes ago, dragonslayingmaster1000 said:

@NickThe0ne I bet it will improve they have been coming out with pretty good content recently. Oregon is just beautiful, it's nice they finally added a new truck too, and those new roads in the base map they added recently are nice too. They have been showing some love to ATS for the first time in awhile. Can't wait to see what they got next in 1.33.

ohh sounds interesting! :D thanks for the tip! Really needed it!

//Isac

Drive safe!

9 hours ago, AirSociety said:

yes no more players but no troll

okey! thanks for the information! 

//Isac

Drive safe!

ATS has a better map overall, but it is a harder game than ETS2, desert makes up a good part of the map (moreso with the Mexico map mods, which are great,) and the MP isn't nearly as active as it is in ETS2. If you want the game for single player, it's worth it, and odds are you could still find a key from the monthly humble bundle a month back for cheap.

Independent driver

On 8/28/2018 at 2:16 PM, caff!!! said:

to quote Revolver Ocelot: I love to reload shift gears during a battle delivery.

@snabbleverans AB

everyone here has given you their opinion about how good or bad the game is. yes there are fewer people playing ATSMP. some say it is due to the smaller map. yes there are only 5 states currently2.5 of them are desert (northern Nevada, isn't represented very well). the other 2 states, California and Oregon are both mostly green states. everyone says ATS is boring to drive through due to "mostly being desert areas" hate to say it, ETS has almost no variation in their maps .Frances scenery looks like Germanys and polands. I cant say anything about the areas from the Italy france or the going east dlcs areas due to not owning them, but even scandinavias areas look relativily similar to the base game map of ETS.

would I recommend buying ATS and playing on the ATSMP, yes. but ultimately you will have to decide if you like it or not. we can give you our opinions but at the end of the day that is all they are, opinions. 

As lots of other's had said it does feel a lot more lonely, however, if you a find a group of friends or a VTC ;) then it is a very enjoyable game because the trucks and loads are generally larger and some of the roads are really fun/challenging to drive as a group. Therefore, as a future investment - because of the map extensions they are going to bring out - it is definitely worth it but I would recommend getting it when it is on sale, not at full price because the map expansions also cost, which is a bit unfair. 

On 11/11/2018 at 10:57, snabbleverans AB said:

Olá!

hoje eu estou jogando euro truck sim 2 mp e é muito divertido! Mas eu estive em todos os lugares no mapa, então está ficando um pouco chato, sem novos lugares! Então estou pensando em comprar simulador de caminhão americano, mas vale a pena?

// Isac

Dirija com cuidado!

Friend! You wheel alone right? 

How about joining a VTC and riding with some friends? 

Do you already have all the ETS2 expansion DLCs? If it stilldoes not pay more you buy the DLCs than a new game "atleast for me right" in the new DLCs has locis very interestingto be explored 

Languages:  English  2000px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png  | Portuguese  2000px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.png  | Spanish Flag_of_Spain.svg

Rules  ||  Report a Player  ||  Appeal your Ban  ||  Create a Support Ticket  ||  Let us know your Feedback

Member since 02th June 2016

46 minutes ago, [AVIS] ThiagoBR_ said:

Friend! You wheel alone right? 

How about joining a VTC and riding with some friends? 

Do you already have all the ETS2 expansion DLCs? If it stilldoes not pay more you buy the DLCs than a new game "atleast for me right" in the new DLCs has locis very interestingto be explored 

Ohh really good idé!! Thanks man! Really needed it! ❤️ :)  I am gonna try it out!

//Isac

Drive safe!

22 hours ago, caff!!! said:

ATS has a better map overall, but it is a harder game than ETS2, desert makes up a good part of the map (moreso with the Mexico map mods, which are great,) and the MP isn't nearly as active as it is in ETS2. If you want the game for single player, it's worth it, and odds are you could still find a key from the monthly humble bundle a month back for cheap.

Okey thanks for the info :)) 

//Isac drive safe!

18 hours ago, ShadowWolf2k7 said:

@snabbleverans AB

everyone here has given you their opinion about how good or bad the game is. yes there are fewer people playing ATSMP. some say it is due to the smaller map. yes there are only 5 states currently2.5 of them are desert (northern Nevada, isn't represented very well). the other 2 states, California and Oregon are both mostly green states. everyone says ATS is boring to drive through due to "mostly being desert areas" hate to say it, ETS has almost no variation in their maps .Frances scenery looks like Germanys and polands. I cant say anything about the areas from the Italy france or the going east dlcs areas due to not owning them, but even scandinavias areas look relativily similar to the base game map of ETS.

would I recommend buying ATS and playing on the ATSMP, yes. but ultimately you will have to decide if you like it or not. we can give you our opinions but at the end of the day that is all they are, opinions. 

That’s so true! The qustion for me is just: will it be fun to drive with few people? 

Thanks for the information really well writin! 

//Isac

Drive safe!

@snabbleverans AB

Many have given their personal opinion regarding ATS. If your truly considering on buying ATS I would think about the following.

1. Buy the Oregon and New Mexico DLC map expansions. If you buy the base game you'll only get Arizona that's free. 
  2. It might be worth waiting until it's closer to Christmas when ATS is on sale with the Winter Steam Sale.

Overall I personally think it's a great game. The game-play overall feels different and with the different style of trucks which is great. Ever since the Volvo VNL was released I also noticed myself and a few others play ATS more than ETS2. Whatever you decide I wish you the best of luck and who knows maybe I'll see you on on the road.

I find that ATS is one of those games that if you enjoy ETS2 then you should find it fun as well. It's nice to have a change of scenery and some different trucks that you can play around with in mp. My suggestion would be that you should wait until Christmas time when all of the SCS stuff will have around 60 - 80% off.

I would say 100% yes i started off on ATS and then went to ETS2 i forgot about ATS and i went back to it a few months ago and it was so nice to go on long drives with huge loads solo and with my friends.

It's good fun as the Trucks are bigger and so are the loads, Triple trailers are fun and the heavy loads can be a challenge.

If you like ETS2 i'm sure you would like ATS in my opinion its a great game it just needs a bit more content and that is happening, Give it a shot :)

Madsmea

UTL C.E.O

On 11/13/2018 at 9:42 PM, K0rnholio said:

@snabbleverans AB

Many have given their personal opinion regarding ATS. If your truly considering on buying ATS I would think about the following.

1. Buy the Oregon and New Mexico DLC map expansions. If you buy the base game you'll only get Arizona that's free. 
  2. It might be worth waiting until it's closer to Christmas when ATS is on sale with the Winter Steam Sale.

Overall I personally think it's a great game. The game-play overall feels different and with the different style of trucks which is great. Ever since the Volvo VNL was released I also noticed myself and a few others play ATS more than ETS2. Whatever you decide I wish you the best of luck and who knows maybe I'll see you on on the road.

Okey thanks for the tip man! Really good info! :)  I will take a extra moment to think anout it;)

//Isac 

Drive safe!

• 2 weeks later...

Dear @snabbleverans AB

Because this topic has been inactive for 14 days I am going to close this topic to keep the forums organised. Topics are started very frequently on the forums, so we need to make sure that the more active topics remain open for community.

If you have any question, don't be afraid to PM me :=)

// Locked and Moved to Archive.

Y6JLoj.png.1482f0bf87625eca4c05028e655c74c1.png

Archived