Mod allowed dedicated server

Suggestion Name: Mod allowed dedicated server

Suggestion Description: I made a new suggestion (nov 27th) about V8 sound mod allowance. But I thought through it with some of the stuff that I've read that other players would be able to hear it. But what about a server dedicated for players who want modded vehicles (not extreme) but would allow mods that aren't allowed on all the other servers. I have a small list of suggestions for the server.

1. Allow mods (nothing extreme like higher HP/torque engines)

2. Able to have 500-1000 players (maybe less for more mod availability)

3. Keep city speed limits at 80 km/t but outside cities completely remove speed limiter so people can choose their "playstyle" fast or slow.

( 4. If possible allow tandem truck and trailers mod by Flemming V https://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=126098 )

5. Absolutely NO cars allowed

Any example images: No..

Why should it be added?: Well it's mostly regarded if you want to play with mods with other players or friends. And it just seems that it's about 500-1000 (maybe I haven't counted :lol:) who might enjoy ETS2mp with mods

• Upvote 2

Generally, we don't add 3rd party mods except for aesthetic ones, this is because map mods bring a whole lot of different issues that we necessarily can't handle. Mods that affect the truck are also generally not accepted since they can have unexpected consequences similar to what we see with save file editing (parts in locations where SCS didn't intend causing crashes, etc.).

The major blocker is the distribution of mods, the larger the mod, the harder it is to distribute. P2p would be an "easy" way, though it still requires infrastructure, in distributing the winter mod, we recently had support from 10gbps.io, even then we pinned a 10Gb port for hours on end, imagine that we'd need that kind of beef every time we updated the mod. Even if we'd get the tail to come quicker, the initial seed is necessary. Add to that, you have to provide a backup since many networks disallow p2p traffic.

We could put the mod behind a paywall, but this is something we rather not, we believe that this mod should be freely available to anyone, with the only requirement being a purchase of either ETS2 or ATS.

(This has been copied straight from the original post found below. Please see that topic before suggesting something!)

Rejected.

• Thanks 1

tfmpillow | Retired Team Member

Rules | Recruitment | Support | Feedback | Meet the Team | Guides | Suggestions