Do I need a racing wheel to play on truckersmp?

Fluffy Bunny

You absolutly don't. You can drive with keyboard(not recommended), with mouse or with a controller too. I drive with a G29 and a H-Shifter. It just makes everything more enjoyable, realistic and so on. When you have everything set perfect for you, (Force-Feedback; Turningradius; ...) it will be much more confortable to drive too. Force-Feedback makes the driving feeling also really good. You will notice too, that when you shut your engine off, the power steering is also in the game off. So it will be a bit harder to turn the wheel if the engine is shut off. So, you don't need one if you don't wanna pay the price, but it's a cool thing to have. I hope i could help you. :)

Sincerely Flying Cat

Found this comment useful? Then please vote for it. Thank you! :D 

ETS2 since end of 2013

ETS2 on steam since 2/17/2016

ETS2MP since 2/23/2016

TMP-Forum since 9/21/2018

5 hours ago, Fluffy Bunny said:

The answer is no, you can play with keyboard. However, you can drive more accurately with the wheel, but it is fully your choice. Wheels are made to make your game more realistic

I use my telepathy powers to play ETS and sometimes ATS.....Allmost true story, i swear:troll:

But, sometimes i use my keyboard.

2r7ammx.jpg

You can drive with whatever you prefer to drive with! A wheel is technically the most realistic, but its also the most expensive.

I was pretty good at driving on the keyboard after using it for about a year and a half, almost smooth enough to look like I was using a controller. (not including the countless years on ETS1 and the 18 WoS games)

I've played with keyboard for a long time and then I switched to steering wheel, with the steering wheel makes playing more fun and also offers more realism :) I personally think you can play ETS with all (keyboard / mouse / contoller / steering wheel) if you look at a thing has gotten used control moderately ago that's no problem :)

DEAR Fluffy Bunny
Hello, you can control the steering wheel in 3 ways.

• keyboard
  • mouse and keyboard
  • steering wheel set

I personally drive with the mouse and keyboard and it does not force me in any way

Since this discussion is related to both games (Euro Truck Simulator 2 and American Truck Simulator), I am moving your topic to the relevant Community forum - ''General Discussion'' as the Euro Truck Simulator 2 Discussions section is not the correct place for this. The ETS2 Discussion section is for topics that are only related to ETS2 and ETS2MP.

If you have any further questions or comments, don't be afraid to contact me.

// Moved to General Discussion.

Y6JLoj.png.1482f0bf87625eca4c05028e655c74c1.png

I use a wired Xbox One controller which allows very accurate steering, but I imagine a wheel and pedal set would be the best, if you can afford it.

On 11/9/2018 at 8:01 AM, Fluffy Bunny said:

The answer is no, you can play with keyboard. However, you can drive more accurately with the wheel, but it is fully your choice. Wheels are made to make your game more realistic

In the ETS2/ATS several variants of control are used:

• keyboard
  • mouse
  • gamepad
  • controller
  • steering wheel.

For many, the steering wheel is an ideal control option, but not many can afford such a control option. If you properly configure the controls on the keyboard or mouse, then you will not have discomfort while driving. In fact, there is no perfect control setting. You need to customize the game based on your preferences.

Archived