Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Virtual Reality Needs To Be Implemented!

JayStocky

Suggestion Name: Implementing VR

Suggestion Description: Adding the already inbuilt support VR found in the main version of both games

Any example images: N/A

Why should it be added?: I think a fair amount of people have invested in VR recently (including myself) and really want to truck in VR amongst other drivers. Previously I have seen this denied due to it being in a beta build, however now that it is a base feature, I feel it would be greatly accepted as an implementation. As i have tried booting the game with necessary launch code -oculus and had a blue screen (not windows blue screen) and not been able to play in VR!

I would really appreciate this being added,

Many Thanks

JayStocky

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1

Rejected.

• It's a separate game version, meaning twice as much work to support it, compared to today.
  • It's updated at a different pace from the main game, meaning we would either need to invest even more work into backwards compatibility, or wait for a very long time with updating the mod each time the game updates.
  • VR is still a niche thing. It's big enough to attract attention, and get good games (and it's fun), but it's not a mainstream thing. There are a limited amount of TruckersMP players who have VR gear and use it.
  • Making proper interfaces and such to interact with the systems in the game, like reports, chat, etc. is hard. It requires a lot of development and testing, which takes a lot of time and resources.
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • HaulieCry 1

HumaneWolf - Website - Twitter - GitHub

Ex-Developer