New Volvo Truck Thoughts?

TheGoodGuy1515

I have bought a new Volvo in SP and drove a few hundred kilometres. It looks good from outside and inside its better than Peterbilt and Kenworth. More detailed display and living room in the back. But the steering wheel from the old FH isn`t very nice. And the engine is very loud, either inside and outside of the truck. First I tried 476hp but after two loads with 17 and 19to cargo I bought 500hp engine. Will try this some days later.

Nice truck overall that ends the years of the 2 brand drought, although some aspects do seem rushed (european truck style light mods, no Allison 4700/TC10)

As to engines:

No 600+ HP D16 is a bummer, (turns out the 3,000 Nm option was discontinued at the time licenses were made) but the D16 line still offers a wider and earlier starting peak torque vs the ISX15 having more power at 1850-2100 RPM and chipped CAT engine at 1700-2100 RPM. 

D13 line beats the Paccar MX at cost with wider torque bands, although D13 has no 500 HP option.

D11 line does beat the ISX12 with torque bands, but again it lacks the 425 HP option the ISX12 offers.

transmissions:

The I-shift is exactly what it says it is: a European style transmission brought to America, with somehow shorter final ratios compared to ETS2.

Independent driver

On 8/28/2018 at 2:16 PM, caff!!! said:

to quote Revolver Ocelot: I love to reload shift gears during a battle delivery.

Just took a load with it and started another. I'm really impressed. The I-Shift really brings out the truck. I'm driving with a 425HP D13 (what's in a large majority of road-going VNLs in America) and the pair worked extremely well together. Plenty of power and torque. The sound is extremely good compared to what they did to the poor Peterbilt 389 (it sounds so weak). The model is fair. As with every truck, I'm hoping for more tuning options down the road, and hopefully, less CHROME (I hate chrome). But, if you compare it to what the other trucks have, it seems to have a bit more tuning options.

One thing I do wish they would do is tune the sounds to match the installed engine. In ETS2, different engines have different sounds. Why they haven't done that in ATS yet blows my mind, but hopefully we'll get there.

knepgi-5.png

As i see the majority likes the truck. I will definitely check it out. Also Reacting to some issues i read. i think it will be fixed soon (atleast i hope so)

i definitely agree with the majority here that Ats needs more tuning options. We will see where Ats goes in the future. I hope we can expect new trucks and trailers and ofcourse map dlcs (hopefully some of them are going to be free aswell) 

Regarding Scs i can only say that since they have a small team it may be difficult for them. But they are definitely doing a great job (judging from the new trucks and upcomming special transport leaked images) 

Ats was also first to bring random road events and stuff so we can only see what scs will bring to us.

P.S. appologizes for going off topic a little bit

the volvo devastated in this volvo is simply very beautiful, drive a little and the truck is sensational without talking about his wonderful snoring.

Kind Regards,
Folatti

339458068_role_Translator(1).png.1c7213d 904932591_role_CommunityModerator(2).png

Languages: English 🇺🇸 | Portuguese 🇧🇷

Report System | Ban Appeal | Feedback System | Rules | Knowledge Base | Server Status

Need help with something, or can't find a solution to your issue? Submit a ticket with the support team here!

8 hours ago, Curve said:

Just took a load with it and started another. I'm really impressed. The I-Shift really brings out the truck. I'm driving with a 425HP D13 (what's in a large majority of road-going VNLs in America) and the pair worked extremely well together. Plenty of power and torque. The sound is extremely good compared to what they did to the poor Peterbilt 389 (it sounds so weak). The model is fair. As with every truck, I'm hoping for more tuning options down the road, and hopefully, less CHROME (I hate chrome). But, if you compare it to what the other trucks have, it seems to have a bit more tuning options.

One thing I do wish they would do is tune the sounds to match the installed engine. In ETS2, different engines have different sounds. Why they haven't done that in ATS yet blows my mind, but hopefully we'll get there.

Yeah, an inability to change the chrome pieces (air vents) seems to be a leftover from SCS's old truck design style which is hopefully all but gone in anything new. As to sound, I do believe SCS is hinting at something for more engine sound differences but until then I think a lack of recordings caused all the ATS trucks to have just one sound per model.

Independent driver

On 8/28/2018 at 2:16 PM, caff!!! said:

to quote Revolver Ocelot: I love to reload shift gears during a battle delivery.

I honestly like the Volvo addition. The mod that most people used for volvo was working great and the addition pretty much made that mod useless, due to using the same places.  I also think there could be some more modifications, like being able to put strobes or lights on the grill, other than that its a great truck and a great addition.

Finnally got myself to try the new volvo truck out. I have to say i am really enjoying it the most. 

I have to agree that its loud and that its like a big apartment inside. Also the only negative i see so far is the small screen in between my wheel. I see myself zooming in quite often.

I seem to enjoy the truck the most when i delivery special transport or heavy haulage cargo. The truck handles very well from my point of view.

So not a bad truck after all. Have to thank SCS software with the effort and all i can say that it was definitely worth it.

I tested it yesterday and I was disappointed. Like someone else mentioned, there is to much Chrome. And the customization options are lacking, I was hoping for better but it's still better than the Kenworth and Peterbilt but it still dissapointed me. 

smol_size.png.d3544591bca137e20b2ec7bc6cbf68d2.png

Discord: discord.io/BringVTC    |    Bring Website: BringVTC.com

Archived