Advertising boards in city's.

TumbEd

• 2 months later...

I think this is an awesome idea since it gives more life to the world having ads for VTC's and not only VTC's but events for made by players normally that get a server, it would be awesome to see that.

Also if possible seeing mini videos in boards would be interesting too.

But all this should have limitations:

- Generaly all ads should change after a certain time.

- All ads should have HD visual and being aprooved by Staff.

- In very dense areas like calais port the ads that should be prioritized would be events made by players or other information, like rules, roads closed or something else that Staff thinks worthy.

- VTC's couldn't have more than 1 ad in one city and country.

- It shouldn't have a price tag or any other merch from VTC's and alike.

I don't agree having an option to disable the ads since it's not supposed to be everywhere only on highways and some cities or ports, it gives something to look at in traffic like in calais port, also I don't understand why people would stop playing bc of having boards with ads, do they stop driving in highways just because of a board? I think all ads should have an High Standard to be nice to look at.

Also it should not be limited to VTC's since that would be a waste of a good feature.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

I would not mind advertisements if they were managed internally and not provided to give gain to VTC's etc.

My thoughts is far and few advertisements and perhaps instead be for charity support, official events. 

I am mindful there would need to be a level of moderation to managing these if open to all to invest into that is extra work for the team.

Although it seems a good idea at first glance there can be some problems like: Many people starting their own VTC can’t get a chance to grow when bigger VTCs use this. It wouldn’t be a really great experience. Also, there are already enough ways to advertise. Lastly I’m pretty sure low end PCs could struggle to handle these in-game ads.

• Like 1

vldv44_

TruckersMP  

Translator 

image.png.cc04a4aa66a9a3c6e53cdaba9217dc4a.png

Human Resources

|Italian Subforum|Knowledge Base|Rules(KB)|

Have a fantastic day ahead!

• 2 months later...

Hello,

I like the idea however i wouldn't want to see these advertisements spammed everywhere as they could ruin the game.
I feel like this could also add more work to the staff team who are already really busy working on different events.

Personally I don't think this is needed as we already have places for advertising.

Callum 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I agree it should be really cool ? arrive into some city and see some advert to VTC!  But it will be hard to get there all VTC ? However, I wish you good luck and hope, your suggestion will be accepted! 

+1

Kind Regards,

RedWolf [CZ] 

RedNub I TruckersMP

(ETS2 - 6,165hours)

795749874_role_VeteranV(1).png.660f7fd7e1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85

Reporting a player  | Appeal your ban  | Support System  | Recruitment

• 2 months later...

To add further incentive and to help in the growth of VTCs, i believe renting out Billboards throughout the map is an excellent idea. 

1st**  It would help promoting VTC within TMP and it's community
2nd** It would add a realism to the world map
3rd**  It would help bring in revenue to TMP, there for help in the cost of run the servers and adding improvements and future development.

I have be saying this for years in my streams and believe this should be prioritized

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/13/2022 at 1:45 AM, [KızılTürk] Vurgun+ said:

The generated topic can actually be a collection of good ideas, advertising banners for verified VTC can be made and displayed on server boards.

As TMP  Simulation and ProMods servers are mostly Internationnal now, it is viable to add banners of verified VTCs and/or upcoming events.