Are high beams annoying?

KaitanFox

High beams themselves aren't an issue or annoying. I think they actually serve an important role in ATS/ETS2. But it's the way people are constantly using them or leaving them on is the issue. My main concern is this - take me for example if I were to play in the afternoon when the sun peaks thru my shades (and if it's night/dark in-game) and everyone has high beams on it makes it more challenging for me to see where I'm driving. But high beams themselves are a great tool to utilize. Use them to flash / let someone go before you go/turn, use them as a friendly "Hello" or even use them to warn someone to let them know they are in the wrong lane or something similar. So I believe they are great to have just misused.

If you are driving a Skoda, it might be annoying (or more correctly, disturbed) ... which I call it "Blind Attack" in the opposite way from Initial D.

The high beam might be too shiny if you are running in front of a truck with a Skoda.

I personally use high beam when I driving at night (no other light sources).

Unless I feel the oncoming traffic is safe enough or I am getting close to the previous traffic, then I will switch to low beam.

The most annoying part is flashing lights (light horn) which tells me to drive faster.

Yes it is very destructing while the car/truck infront of you and high beams are on. I'm blinded if someone overtake him and sometimes the one who overtake won't give a signal that he's overtaking or asking to for way back in the right lane. I used to open highbeams on dark road and if someone spotted on the route tracker that is going from the opposite, definitely I turned it off. 

People don't understand what flashing/blinking highbeams for. 

If you are reading this, flashing/blinking highbeam means lower your lights if your highbeam is open, Do not enter the lane if is not safe distance when overtaking, Giving way, Overtaking signal, Do not turn right away, Do not enter my lane, Greetings.

I don't mind so much on country roads for the turns in the middle of the night, but on street lit motorways, cities and daytime there isn't any need. Also, if you insist to have them on, at least dip them when a vehicle comes the other way.

Coming from someone who drives at night IRL all the time, IRL they are annoying and very distracting... Especially when someone is driving on a highway or in a city with street lights, why do you need your high beams... That fancy blue light on your dash shouldn't be illuminated. In game however it's just bright pixels, not annoying, not distracting. My monitor is also set to the lowest brightness so that might have something else to do with it.

They only annoy me when people leave them on as they drive past.

Whats more annoying, is when people behind you flash them a whole lot and spam their horn ecause you "aren't going fast enough". Funny enough, most of the times that happens when im pulling a heavy load so I literally can't go any faster.

I understand one quick flash to signal you are there and want to overtake, but that is all that is needed, I have mirrors. I make it easy for people to pass when its safe, not around a blind corner.

I wouldn't want more announcements in the game chat, we have enough of them already. Very few.

11 minutes ago, S p a r k i e said:

They only annoy me when people leave them on as they drive past.

Whats more annoying, is when people behind you flash them a whole lot and spam their horn ecause you "aren't going fast enough". Funny enough, most of the times that happens when im pulling a heavy load so I literally can't go any faster.

I understand one quick flash to signal you are there and want to overtake, but that is all that is needed, I have mirrors. I make it easy for people to pass when its safe, not around a blind corner.

I wouldn't want more announcements in the game chat, we have enough of them already. Very few.

They play the game as " racing" I don't even understand why they keep flashing or hitting their horns just to say drive/move fast. Reckless drivers moves all the time.

Dear @NotSoFancyFox

Because this topic has been inactive for 14 days I am going to close this topic to keep the forums organised. Topics are started very frequently on the forums, so we need to make sure that the more active topics remain open for community.

If you have any question, don't be afraid to PM me :=)

// Locked and Moved to Archive.

Y6JLoj.png.1482f0bf87625eca4c05028e655c74c1.png

Archived