Are high beams annoying?

KaitanFox

I don't know if i'm the only one that thinks this (probably not) but people driving during the night time with constant high beams gets rather annoying and sometimes distracting as its just really blinding.

Especially because a lot of people have many lights on their truck.

(And there is nothing wrong with that)

I just wondered what everyone else thought as I haven't seen anyone else talk about it.

And if you think there should be a reminder or something similar saying something along the lines of "Turn high beams off when passing other players or in busy areas."

Anyway just thought I would share my opinion, thanks for reading/commenting. 

Have a nice day. ^_^

Well, I agree with you that it's annoying but sometimes without high beams I can't see road well and this can cause crash and we all know that this means ban. Nobody wants to crash into other truck just because he is annoyed by high beams.
I understand when players use high beams when there's really dark like during this "Dark Night" event and in that places, where there's not much light, so It's hard to see road but what about players who use high beams just without real reason? 
Some players use high beams because they've enabled in settings rain, so It's more dark for them in-game and while there's sun for me there's dark for him with rain and that's also really annoying that there's different weather for different players and this causes some annoying stuff like high beams in the morning.

19 minutes ago, BL4CK$K1LL said:

Well, I agree with you that it's annoying but sometimes without high beams I can't see road well and this can cause crash and we all know that this means ban. Nobody wants to crash into other truck just because he is annoyed by high beams.
I understand when players use high beams when there's really dark like during this "Dark Night" event and in that places, where there's not much light, so It's hard to see road but what about players who use high beams just without real reason? 
Some players use high beams because they've enabled in settings rain, so It's more dark for them in-game and while there's sun for me there's dark for him with rain and that's also really annoying that there's different weather for different players and this causes some annoying stuff like high beams in the morning.

Very true with the rain but I was thinking turning off your high beams as you get close to another passing truck, you would know where they are because they would have their lights on so there wouldn't be much of a chance to not notice them.

I know it's annoying but sometimes without high beams we cant see the road during this "Dark Night" event and this can cause more collusion with other users. Players like me  use high beams when there's really dark like during this event and where there's not much light. After this event, i think we can have that rule after this event because there will be no point to use it while it will be not dark as much as this event.

Good evening. :)

Sincerely,

SkortiL [TR] 

Create a Support Ticket / TruckersMP Rules / Feedback / Guides / Meet the Team

20 minutes ago, LinCH.TV said:

I know high beams give player trouble,but ETS2 is very dark to night,hope SCS can fix this problem to let player play game better:blush:

Well, that's the point. If you're sitting outside, in a truck, on a road with no lights, it's gonna be dark, REALLY dark (Source: Common sense, eyes) not to mention, most players are not here for the MP experience, and would hate SCS for making the graphics even more real-like than it is.

There's a reason for those headlights to be there, because in real life it's dark and trucks have headlights, and this is a simulator. It's not a ''Fix'' making the game brighter would only ruin the experience as a whole. 

I don't like it to drive on a highway with the standard light because it's not bright enough because of this I drive with active high beams on most of the highways.

Nevertheless, I cannot understand why people are placing 20 or more light on their trucks and activate them on busy roads as C-D. 

Also, I like it if people use them to greet another user instead of the horn. It's more realistic than to use the horn. 

I think it depends on the time of night. When there's moonlight, I don't really need the high beams to see. However, when it's pitch black, SCS's default low beam range is ridiculously low, so I often drive with my high beams on. That said, I ONLY use high beams, not all the other fancy lights on the truck. If those are equipped, I keep them off if I don't need them. If you're using just high beams, most drivers won't know the difference anyway. Besides that, it's not like it actually blinds you or creates so much glare that you can't see the road beyond a passing truck. Doesn't really bother me, minus the realism bit.

If only SCS would increase the low beam range a bit, I'd be content.

knepgi-5.png

Hello Dear @NotSoFancyFox

I would like to comment on this. I First of all , I agree with you. But I would like to make a statement. Not everyone's game settings are the same. (brightness adjustment,display settings,display card and etc.) Such reasons change the perception of darkness. That's why players use additional lighting , this is a must for some. Because they want to see roads in nights. Yes , this may disturb some players. (Yes, I agree. They can be blinding.) But they use it to see the way.

But there is a rule. It's a way of doing it. How?

If a player comes from the opposite lane, if a player overtaking you, you must turn off your additional lights. You can re-open additional lighting when players are away from you.(This rule applies in real life. This is a simulation game so the actual rules apply.)

Valuable Players ; please respect each other and follow the rules. 

Best&Kind Regards

DarkOwl

Kind Regards,
96AV

TruckersMP Game Moderator

The best way to predict your future is to create it.

Hello!

I totally understand your point. Driving pass someone with high beams are very annoying in my opinion because sometimes when I'm trying to over take someone during night time, I'm unable to see who's coming my direction from incoming lane. I find that very  frustrating.

Stay happy and safe

Thanks for your answers so far, you are right about how it can sometimes be difficult to see especially in this Dark Night event and do agree, but that's why I say just for the couple moments you drive past someone. But it can be annoying still when you drive past someone with all the lights on really bright or someone behind you with with beams on which means your whole cab lights up and that can be a little annoying at times too.

12 hours ago, DarkOwl said:

Hello Dear @NotSoFancyFox

I would like to comment on this. I First of all , I agree with you. But I would like to make a statement. Not everyone's game settings are the same. (brightness adjustment,display settings,display card and etc.) Such reasons change the perception of darkness. That's why players use additional lighting , this is a must for some. Because they want to see roads in nights. Yes , this may disturb some players. (Yes, I agree. They can be blinding.) But they use it to see the way.

But there is a rule. It's a way of doing it. How?

If a player comes from the opposite lane, if a player overtaking you, you must turn off your additional lights. You can re-open additional lighting when players are away from you.(This rule applies in real life. This is a simulation game so the actual rules apply.)

Valuable Players ; please respect each other and follow the rules. 

Best&Kind Regards

DarkOwl

That is exactly how it could be done in the game "If a player comes from the opposite lane, if a player overtaking you, you must turn off your additional lights. You can re-open additional lighting when players are away from you."

And I agree that not everyone's settings are the same, which may cause a difference in how you see other players lights.

Having high beams aimed at me while I'm driving is annoying, but only in real life. In real life, it can actually dazzle you and create a dangerous situation. In ETS2MP? Nope; even the high beam lights aren't that bright.

Personally this does annoy me as there is no need for high beams with the Vanilla game night darkness, for me though, I find when people constantly flash behind you while they overtake as the most annoying and disrespectful part about people using high beams in what I would call an inappropriate manner.

4 hours ago, Gnl_Hugh122 said:

Personally this does annoy me as there is no need for high beams with the Vanilla game night darkness, for me though, I find when people constantly flash behind you while they overtake as the most annoying and disrespectful part about people using high beams in what I would call an inappropriate manner.

Keep in mind that some of us have screens that have a higher contrast than others. Through my monitor, vanilla game darkness is nearly pitch black. I can't see a thing without high beams.

knepgi-5.png

I dont think that the high beams themselves are annoying because the game fails to simulate the "blinding" effect you get from high beams in your eyes. It's more annoying that people just either dont know if their high beams are on, or if they simply dont know that they should be turning them off when there is traffic.

smol_size.png.d3544591bca137e20b2ec7bc6cbf68d2.png

Discord: discord.io/BringVTC    |    Bring Website: BringVTC.com

3 minutes ago, NickThe0ne said:

Yüksek ışınların kendilerinin rahatsız edici olduğunu düşünmüyorum çünkü oyun gözünüzdeki yüksek ışınlardan elde ettiğiniz “körleştirme” etkisini simüle etmiyor. İnsanların yüksek ışınlarının açık olup olmadığını bilmedikleri ya da trafik olduğunda onları kapatmaları gerektiğini bilemezlerse daha can sıkıcıdır.

Even if the game were long in real life where to burning of the headlights must be known!

Archived