When it comes to real life, the intersection on the CD road makes no sense

dragonslayingmaster1000

I figured I would talk about this to counter this thread which was made about a month ago. The yield signs on the CD road make literally no sense in real life and there is no reason that the CD road has to yield for people coming from the off-ramp. I even see admins kicking people sometimes for not yielding to people coming off the freeway even though in real life it's the opposite and the off-ramp always has to yield. The fact that people yield for people coming onto CD road holds up traffic for about a hundred people on each side. I believe that people should just keep driving and the traffic would not be as bad there because there are way more people on CD road then people coming onto it from the freeway.

Tell me what you guys think of this.

Hello,

in reallife people who comes from the highway have to give way to country road.

But as you can see ingame the "Give Way"-sign is for people who drive country road. ANd we have to follow the given rules from the game. Alsop if it's different from reallife, please follow the signs & rules from the game.

Kind regards,

ɢʀᴜɴᴅɪɪ

Retired Manager

They made that because in single player highway has more cars compared to the country road. If you leave the traffic desinty at it's stock value it won't cause a problem but since you can tweak it (most people will do that in singleplayer to have more fun) it will cause a huge traffic jam in highway. This game is created based on the singleplayer ai not the TruckersMP. 

It's actually pretty realistic if you ask me. Things like this do happen in real life, they're just somewhat rare. Not every intersection and part of road is always a perfect, premade layout in real life.

@Curve The intersection is not in Germany but once they eventually get to reworking Belgium and the Netherlands that intersection should hopefully be realistic. Another thing I hate is those freeways that go into one lane for exiting and one lane to keep going. I see they are starting to eliminate those in the rebuilding Germany project and making exits into a new lane instead.

4 hours ago, dragonslayingmaster1000 said:

@Curve The intersection is not in Germany but once they eventually get to reworking Belgium and the Netherlands that intersection should hopefully be realistic. Another thing I hate is those freeways that go into one lane for exiting and one lane to keep going. I see they are starting to eliminate those in the rebuilding Germany project and making exits into a new lane instead.

Yes! At least the GPS now warns you with arrows to let you know to move over a lane. That was an enormous help with those terrible interchanges.

knepgi-5.png

On 11/1/2018 at 7:49 PM, dragonslayingmaster1000 said:

I figured I would talk about this to counter this thread which was made about a month ago. The yield signs on the CD road make literally no sense in real life and there is no reason that the CD road has to yield for people coming from the off-ramp. I even see admins kicking people sometimes for not yielding to people coming off the freeway even though in real life it's the opposite and the off-ramp always has to yield. The fact that people yield for people coming onto CD road holds up traffic for about a hundred people on each side. I believe that people should just keep driving and the traffic would not be as bad there because there are way more people on CD road then people coming onto it from the freeway.

Tell me what you guys think of this.

That's on many off/on- ramps in ETS2. It's really annoying for me, because I drive in reallife too and it's just annyoing and confusing driving in ETS2mp, because then I break rules that are WRONG because the basically make NO SENSE. :angry: Whatever, we need to accept it and hope it will change in the realistic way again. :rolleyes:

Sincerely Flying Cat

Found this comment useful? Then please vot for it. Thank you! :D 

ETS2 since end of 2013

ETS2 on steam since 2/17/2016

ETS2MP since 2/23/2016

TMP-Forum since 9/21/2018

• 2 weeks later...

Dear @dragonslayingmaster1000

Because this topic has been inactive for 14 days I am going to close this topic to keep the forums organised. Topics are started very frequently on the forums, so we need to make sure that the more active topics remain open for community.

If you have any question, don't be afraid to PM me :=)

// Locked and Moved to Archive.

Y6JLoj.png.1482f0bf87625eca4c05028e655c74c1.png

Archived