Halloween Darkness

From what I've gathered, this perpetual darkness where my car's clock appears to have stuck at 1:40 is something to do with a Halloween event. How long will it remain dark for?

I appreciate it's kind of "cool", but actually it's incredibly annoying and also hazardous because people can drive without their lights on. Not very well thought out if I'm honest.

Yes, I agree. Night driving is dangerous. Especially with trolls. How long is this gonna take?

Don't try to be different. just be good. To be good is different enough.

Saygılarımla              - Best regards       

-Silent Death_53        - Silent Death_53             

TruckersMP

2 hours ago, [LKW Tr.] Kap said:

It will be dark for a couple more days until the Halloween season is over :) 

I appreciate you guys were perhaps just trying to get into the spirit of Halloween, but next time can you please do this darkness thing on a specific server or implement it like the Winter Mod so people aren't having some annoying thing forced down their throat which makes playing ETS2MP less fun, and more irritating?

I'll just have to wait until it ends before I play again.

I don't see why people are so aggravated about this update. I think it's nice to have some seasonal changes, like this being a couple of irl days with darkness in the game. I think it's fun to simulate when to use my high beams and it's always more interesting to drive in the dark. It's like I'm driving in a whole different spot in change from how it is in daylight.

APPEAL A BAN  -  TMP RULES  -  SUPPORT

31 minutes ago, Axorell said:

I don't see why people are so aggravated about this update. I think it's nice to have some seasonal changes, like this being a couple of irl days with darkness in the game. I think it's fun to simulate when to use my high beams and it's always more interesting to drive in the dark. It's like I'm driving in a whole different spot in change from how it is in daylight.

I just hate night time in ETS2 in general, so when we end up with several real days being pointlessly made dark, it really is incredibly annoying. And yeah, you're right in the sense that seasonal changes might be nice; however, there was no reason to force it on everyone when there are other servers they could have done it on. Secondly, it's not exactly "seasonal" for the entire day to be in complete darkness; I don't recall the last time I saw sunlight disappear completely from the face of the Earth for a couple of days non-stop in October; it's never happened. As for simulating your high beams and such? There's a day/night cycle for that.

24 minutes ago, NotSoFancyFox said:

I know lots of people are not very happy about it but I would try to enjoy it while it lasts I guess. The in-game night time is actually kinda nice with all the stars and stuff if you stop to look at them.

Enjoy several days of total darkness? Sounds like real fun. And sorry, but apart from Scandinavia; the rest of the night time sky textures look awful.

Sorry, but this whole eternal darkness thing was badly implemented; you can tell it's badly implemented when you have several threads appearing that are asking why a "time bug" has appeared in ETS2MP. The team didn't give anyone any warning, and at times it's possible to drive around without lights on. It's no surprise people were complaining about it being a bug.

So despite it being the 2nd of November, which is no longer Halloween, it's still dark. It would be nice if someone from the ETS2MP team would actually tell us when it's going to end instead of just linking the announcement that doesn't specify how long it's on for. This is ridiculous.

Archived